That guy who only goes for leg locks

There is a blue belt where I train who only goes for leg locks and it drives me insane. I am a purple belt and I know I need to defend and I do so, but when he does zero BJJ otherwise it hard to avoid these attacks when it's all he is trying to do. Anyone else know "that guy"....how to deal? Being a female it's hard to avoid getting caught by a stronger guy and it's gotten to the point where I have stuck my foot in his balls on many an occasion. Phone Post

Bring it up to some other higher ranks as well and teach him on the mats. We had a white belt that would only do heelhooks on everyone and im quite good at them as well. When I rolled with him Id destroy him with HH the whole match and tell him afterward that if he worked more on his basics it wouldnt happen again as often. He was about 50 lbs bigger than me as well, Im about 150. Phone Post

Professor has put him with some of the higher rank belts to do that same thing I believe, and it only motivates him to go harder with someone smaller like me. He gets destroyed by bigger guys and then gets mad and takes it out on others smaller people, i.e. me. Phone Post

Im no expert but how abput just telling him he needs to chill on the leglocks because its really annoying. Phone Post

BJJRoxy - Professor has put him with some of the higher rank belts to do that same thing I believe, and it only motivates him to go harder with someone smaller like me. He gets destroyed by bigger guys and then gets mad and takes it out on others smaller people, i.e. me. Phone Post

Play butterfly guard that way he can't footlock you.

Or just allow him to pass to side and play defense. This will force him to attack with other things and keep your feet safe while also working your defense from side or mount. Phone Post

90lb_weakling - Im no expert but how abput just telling him he needs to chill on the leglocks because its really annoying. Phone Post

That was the first step! I may be a woman but I'm not that big of a pussy. Lol. Phone Post

Baroquen Record -
BJJRoxy - Professor has put him with some of the higher rank belts to do that same thing I believe, and it only motivates him to go harder with someone smaller like me. He gets destroyed by bigger guys and then gets mad and takes it out on others smaller people, i.e. me. Phone Post

Play butterfly guard that way he can't footlock you.

Or just allow him to pass to side and play defense. This will force him to attack with other things and keep your feet safe while also working your defense from side or mount. Phone Post

Good call! Phone Post

Hide your feet better Phone Post

At least your leg lock defense and escapes will improve. Maybe take the positive out of it, I understand it is annoying though.

stop allowing him to set up leg locks. BOOOOOOOOOM

Jits_n_Hoez - stop allowing him to set up leg locks. BOOOOOOOOOM

If someone is only going for leg locks, they will eventually get one. Truth! Unless I keep my guard closed 100% of the time Phone Post

BJJRoxy - 

If someone is only going for leg locks, they will eventually get one. Truth! Unless I keep my guard closed 100% of the time Phone Post

...or you can sweep them and get a dominant position such as side control or mount... then it would make it extra difficult for him to get leg locks!

BJJRoxy - 

Play good butterfly hooks and you're safe. Watch Galvao vs Toquinho.

Be thankful he's there. Use him to work/defend leg locks. Actually a blessing in disguise.

BJJRoxy -

Not a truth. When you open guard control their sleeves. Put your feet under ur ass in seated guard. Phone Post

checkuroil - 
BJJRoxy -

Not a truth. When you open guard control their sleeves. Put your feet under ur ass in seated guard. Phone Post

Look at this guy!!! Loving the Gi now huh? Awesome!

take it as an opportunity to work on your leglock defense (seriously). This isn't a problem but an opportunity. If you can defend leglocks from Mr.Leglock or at least improve how many you defend, you're probably going to be tough to leglock in competition against women in your division. That's one bjj problem out of the way and that should be the proper way to look at training (as removing vulnerabilities). If you don't know how to defend what he's doing, consider taking a private or a series of privates solely on this topic. It's annoying to get tapped for sure, and the guy may be hurting HIS progress by only for leglocks, but I think this is the best way to deal with it as far as your progress.

BJJRoxy - 

If you can't trust him with your body, then don't roll with him.

If you can trust him with your body, enjoy jiu-jitsu.

Ryron Gracie - Don't fear the footlock!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59ZlqVqKTyQ

I've been rolling with a leg lock guy lately. He catches me alot because I'm not used to it and often times we are wearing wrestling shoes. I don't mind though, in fact I'm enjoying it. It's a different style but so it's good to see. Phone Post

Like others have said, its a positive, always good to go against someone with a different style, will help your defense, a good leg lock guy can go after them from almost anywhere so it will keep you on your toes

Always strange though that leg locks are usually seen in a negative light, would there ever be threads about a guy who always goes for arm locks?