That Jessica Jones series on Netflix? Well.....

it's announced it's showrunner.

From http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/11/12/melissa-rosenberg-to-write-and-oversee-marvels-jessica-jones-netflix-series/

Yup, this is real alright. Hours after we learned that Drew Goddard would be writing and overseeing Marvel’s Daredevil live-action series for Netflix, now comes word via Deadline that Jessica Jones has itself a showrunner as well, in the form of Melissa Rosenberg.

She may be best known for Twilight and elicit an automatic negative reaction, but Rosenberg is very respected for her TV work on series like Dexter, and more than that, she’s very familiar with Jessica Jones as she had previously worked on writing for the Marvel superhero three years ago when a series was in development at ABC. The Netflix series will be a different incarnation, according to Deadline, though Jones will still be hanging up her spandex and opening a detective agency.

Also interesting about the two bits of news we’ve gotten today on this new undertaking is that Marvel and Netflix seem intent on experienced, relatively well known writers to oversee these projects. No direct-to-Netflix quality issues here, I think. Also, this means we’ll probably find out soon who will be shepherding Iron Fist and Luke Cage.

What seasons of Dexter was she the showrunner for? I have a bad feeling about this.

Rules.... Phone Post

LUKE CAGE IS GONNA SPARKLE MOTHERFUCKERSSSSS

The Elastic Assassin - Rules.... Phone Post

pics of jessica jones, right?

BigWilliam - What seasons of Dexter was she the showrunner for? I have a bad feeling about this.

I read earlier today that it was the Trinity season.

paw -

...i am not impress wit yur purfomance.... Phone Post

The Elastic Assassin - 
paw -

...i am not impress wit yur purfomance.... Phone Post

I get that a lot....

I thought Jessica Jones was Spider-Woman.

Who cares about Luke Cage's wife? lol. I thought she was a minor character like Happy Hogan or Rick Jones.

Zenoplata - I thought Jessica Jones was Spider-Woman.

Who cares about Luke Cage's wife? lol. I thought she was a minor character like Happy Hogan or Rick Jones.

Jessica Drew was Spider-Woman. I'm not familiar with this character, but would have preferred it been Jessica Drew.

Well Marvel did pitched this to Disney as a deal with characters who wouldn't have gotten a movie anytime soon anyways..

vexedvox - 

Jessica Drew was Spider-Woman. I'm not familiar with this character, but would have preferred it been Jessica Drew.

Here's the 411

Jessica Jones was a super hero (Jewel), then starting doing the private eye thing.  She has super powers including: the ability to fly (although she can't do this very well) superhuman strength and invulnerability.  The last two powers have never been fully fleshed out, so as an example we don't really know if she's Spider-Man strong or Thing strong.

Anyhoo...Bendis starts writing an R-rated Max title called "Alias" and uses Jessica as the star.  (Bendis wasn't allowed to use "major" Marvel characters so the-powers-that-be leave him alone).  He writes a critically acclaimed series of some 20-some odd issues where stuff happens (including Jessica being sexually and psychologically tortured by the Purple Man...among other things).  In Alias, Jessica hooks up with Luke Cage and when Bendis started writing Avengers, he pushed Luke Cage and brought Jessica along.

Luke and Jessica are married and have a young girl who's name escapes me.

...and I think that brings everyone up to date-ish.

paw - 
vexedvox - 

Here's the 411

Jessica Jones was a super hero (Jewel), then starting doing the private eye thing.  She has super powers including: the ability to fly (although she can't do this very well) superhuman strength and invulnerability.  The last two powers have never been fully fleshed out, so as an example we don't really know if she's Spider-Man strong or Thing strong.

Anyhoo...Bendis starts writing an R-rated Max title called "Alias" and uses Jessica as the star.  (Bendis wasn't allowed to use "major" Marvel characters so the-powers-that-be leave him alone).  He writes a critically acclaimed series of some 20-some odd issues where stuff happens (including Jessica being sexually and psychologically tortured by the Purple Man...among other things).  In Alias, Jessica hooks up with Luke Cage and when Bendis started writing Avengers, he pushed Luke Cage and brought Jessica along.

Luke and Jessica are married and have a young girl who's name escapes me.

...and I think that brings everyone up to date-ish.

I seem to remember seeing somewhere Bendis originally intended for Jessica Drew to be the main character for the Alias series but, as you stated, Marvel wasn't biting on his use of a major character for it.

paw -

She's drawn with a black Guy ! Phone Post

eljamaiquino - 
paw -

She's drawn with a black Guy ! Phone Post

Of course...she's married to him (and check out the baby...yes, that does indeed mean.....)

So because she got raped by Purple Man that's how she got the purple hair?

Zenoplata - So because she got raped by Purple Man that's how she got the purple hair?

Dunno....might have been her super hero disguise or just a fashion thing.

Just her superhero outfit, fun fact, as mentioned be did originally wanted to use jessica drew, but she does in fact show up in the series, also working as a PI Phone Post 3.0

I heard Purple Man's Purple Headed Yogurt Slinger slings Purple Yogurt though.

Is it possible Purple Man's purple headed yogurt slinger slung purple man's purple yogurt into Jessica's purple hair?