"That Judo Throw"

the whizzer throw is an ashi guruma. I LOVE this throw.

that ultimate fighting throw

^ winner winner chicken dinner

pure wrestling takedown-Jeff Blatnick

I don't mind them calling it a judo throw - I mean how many in the audience would have a clue what a o goshi is?

Most know "judo throw"

How would anyone learn the name of anything if no one called anything by it's name? I know what an Omaplata is because someone called it that when it was being done/attempted.

I trained under a Judo expert for a long time and it took me forever to learn it.

Take it easy on Joe.

there's only a handful of throws common to MMA. About 5 minutes of YouTube research and you can get the names down.

Immaculata - I trained under a Judo expert for a long time and it took me forever to learn it.

Take it easy on Joe.

I agree. But he doesn't have to learn 67 throws. If he learned ashi guruma, uchimata, and maybe seionage, I'd be happy.

B_Goetz - I agree. But he doesn't have to learn 67 throws. If he learned ashi guruma, uchimata, and maybe seionage, I'd be happy.

Well said. Joe's happy to throw out the name of every Rubber Guard position, despite the fact that they only really have relevance for the tiny minority of people who are interested in Eddie Bravo and his system, but he doesn't even try to learn the names of a few Judo throws? It's not like Judo isn't one of the most practised martial arts in the world, and the forefather of BJJ (and 10th Planet JJ)...

Come on Joe, you must have learned the name of a few throws while training with the gi. God knows we're not gonna get any proper info from Goldie, so be a sport and do a bit a research...

He doesn't do judo.

He does jiu-jitsu.

He didn't see Schafer's choke coming though.

Marzz - 
LeftBench - The six posts above mine are the reason he just calls it "that judo throw"

LOL Exactly. Everytime a thread like this is made, it always devolves into judo guys arguing about what ONE fucking throw is called. WTF? Ya don't really see that much in bjj.

Too true. Somewhere, Kano is rolling in his grave, and Carlos Gracie is taking his back and sinking in "That Jiu Jitsu Choke".

"He doesn't do judo. He does jiu-jitsu."

LOL..which sweet innovative jj moves does he use? the triangle, the jj armlock?

judoanswersall - I don't mind them calling it a judo throw - I mean how many in the audience would have a clue what a o goshi is?

Most know "judo throw"

More familiar with "Judo Chop"

^^That vid is pure comedy

ttt for Judo vids

hiptoss would have been fine

Someone MUST find Barney Fife judo footage!!!

In wrestling, you can do a takedown or throw 6 or 7 different ways, but it will stil have the same name. Hip toss for example... if I put my hips in deep, put them in shallow and make it more of a trip, or kick my leg back and sweep... as far as I know it's still a hip toss.

Same thing with a double leg.  If I drive thru, if I don't drive and snatch the legs to the side, if I drop my hips and lift,  if I just reach down and tackle, or if I drive the head into the chest when I shoot... it's all a double leg.

When it has a bizzare name, it's usually something wierd, or refered to by a school or team name.

I call it "A bad day at the office."