That Pesky Fedor--Its his Fault!

I am shocked!  Shocked I tell you, at this conclusion!

I never would have thought it would be all Fedor, but apparently, it is so.  He received a fair offer, and was just unreasonable it seems. 

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/3/The-Doggy-Bag-Technical-Issues-19655

/o:p

If they made a TV show about Fedor it would be called Dick/Tuck.

Or "best ever"

"best ever' highest paid,  most freedom, control of ancillary rights. . .

Some other well known fighters actually filed suit to try to obtain Fedor's rights. . . .

Fedor isn't rational--he's a fool apparently, all Fedor's fault!

How does the Sherdog offer know the offer was 'fair,' in the first place. Cause Dana said so? If he has the numbers and the details, let's see it. Post it.

It's ironic that as much hate as the UFC gets for mistreatment of fighters, contracts, etc, some people are still upset that Fedor chooses not to sign with the UFC. We don't know what Fedor was offered; we don't know why he didn't sign. I'm willing to give the guy the benefit of the doubt, considering that other fighters have been upset with the UFC in contract disputes in the past.

mennis65 - If they made a TV show about Fedor it would be called Dick/Tuck.

I think that is the funniest line I have read on this board. Well done.

If you need someone at whom to point the finger of blame, start with Emelianenko and his handlers. From all indications, the UFC made him a fair offer -- providing him with a chance to cement his legacy as the sport’s greatest heavyweight -- and he elected not to accept. For now, we can only hope that someday Lesnar and Emelianenko will stand across the Octagon from one another. 

LOL w/ Mace.

LOL @ Sherdog not understanding that Fedor doesn't give a fuck about proving shit to anybody, and he, much like Dana White, is out to make money by promoting his company.

People hate him because he's the only guy who is bigger than the sport itself.

What do the best HWs ever and numerous UFC HW champs have in common:

They all got scraped by this:

One true legend in this game, folks. And Ive seen every single "big thing" and hype wagon. This is a nightmare that happens to walk like a man.

Grakman - How does the Sherdog offer know the offer was 'fair,' in the first place. Cause Dana said so? If he has the numbers and the details, let's see it. Post it.

It's ironic that as much hate as the UFC gets for mistreatment of fighters, contracts, etc, some people are still upset that Fedor chooses not to sign with the UFC. We don't know what Fedor was offered; we don't know why he didn't sign. I'm willing to give the guy the benefit of the doubt, considering that other fighters have been upset with the UFC in contract disputes in the past.

Because the offer was explained by both sides.

1. It was more money then what he has ever been offered. Something like 6 million for 6 fights I can't remember. Of course Fedor had to win the fight in order to obtain full amount but I don't deem that unfair at all. Thats like telling a football team you get X amount if you win the super-bowl. But if you don't win, you don't get it.

2. FEDOR(make sure you see I bolded Fedor for a reason) got everything HE (again the bold) asked for. He was allowed to do combat sambo even which Dana didn't want to allow at the start but for sake of getting fedor he let that one go.

3. The ONLY thing that held the deal up was not even having to do with Fedor. It has to do with who surrounds him. But Fedor is responsible for those people just as any athlete is responsible for who represents them. So I guess you could say he is partially at fault. But anyways, Gary Millen and crew wanted a "Co-Promotion" with M-1. Which makes absofuckinglutely no sense at all from the UFC's stand point.

A. Millen is quoted as saying, We will share 50/50 in the losses or the profits. UFC hasn't lost money on a UFC event for YEARS. It makes no sense for the UFC to payout all that money for Fedor and then have M-1 take half the profit of the event on top of it. Fedor and crew would be walking no longer with just contract money but promotion money on top. Thats fucking absurd.

B. Oh but M-1 wants their fighters on the cards as well. Which also makes zero sense. Not one of their guys including Fedor has any drawing power at all. What would be the point? The draw is that it's a UFC EVENT and they are well known UFC FIGHTERS THAT PEOPLE KNOW. I don't want to see Vlad Finksteins 14 year old daughter fight on a UFC card.

C. Its a lose/lose for the UFC and a Win/Win for M-1 and crew. Why would anyone with any business sense want to do such a deal? If Fedor wins, it promotes M-1 and M-1 gets a TON of money. If Fedor loses, the UFC is out not only the contract money but the promotion money too.

Now above is from what BOTH camps, UFC and M-1 has said. It might seem like its UFC biased but there literally is no other way I can type it out to make M-1 and Fedor any more favorable. Infact I toned it down so I don't get called a UFC mouth piece. I hate to say it, but Sherdog isn't exactly wrong this one time. hell might freeze over and pigs obviously already learned to fly(swine flu), it was bound to happen their editorial staff got something correct.

HELWIG -  People hate him because he's the only guy who is bigger than the sport itself.

One true legend in this game, folks. And Ive seen every single "big thing" and hype wagon. This is a nightmare that happens to walk like a man.

Well said. 

Fedor doesn't care what the majority of fans think, because majority of fans don't truly care about Fedor.  They just want to see fights and have no regard for finances or personal choices made by fighters.<!--Session data-->

The man was STARVING and broke and got into MMA out of necessity after a stint in the military.

Yeah he should go and sign where the fans want him to!

"How does the Sherdog offer know the offer was 'fair,' in the first place. Cause Dana said so?"

Fedor's management said it was very generous.

i love that when dana decides it isn't worth it putting his money where his mouth is (too risky, hypes competition, brock would likely lose etc.) it's a business decision.

but when fedor does it (despite him owning part of m1 and looking to achieve success in the sport beyond his fighting career) it's some kind of martial failing or lack of courage.

if dana really believed brock could beat fedor, he could deflate strikeforce's biggest commodity with a one off match. dana doesn't believe that. he wants a win/win for him. fedor in the ufc losing or winning is still fedor in the ufc. fedor outside of the ufc winning against a ufc fighter is less money for dana and more for fedor.

i was less than impressed with sherdog there.

HELWIG -  People hate him because he's the only guy who is bigger than the sport itself.

he's bigger than the sport, but can barely manage to get over 50k pay per view buys.... wow

bakalol - 

he's bigger than the sport, but can barely manage to get over 50k pay per view buys.... wow

ufc = kleenex

they can put on a show with stephan bonnar and james irvin as the main event and people would still buy the ppv.

What does he need to prove?

"A. Millen is quoted as saying, We will share 50/50 in the losses or the profits. UFC hasn't lost money on a UFC event for YEARS. It makes no sense for the UFC to payout all that money for Fedor and then have M-1 take half the profit of the event on top of it"

Not to mention it's a lie in the first place. M-1 didn't share 50% of the losses of Affliction or of anyone else they've "co-promoted" with.

"
but when fedor does it (despite him owning part of m1 and looking to achieve success in the sport beyond his fighting career)"

Why do people keep pretending that the best thing for M-1 and whatever else Fedor intends to do in the sport after fighting is NOT Fedor fighting in the UFC in front of millions of people and wrecking everyone while wearing M-1 clothing head to toe with a big M-1 banner behind him talking about M-1 and sambo in every interview, etc?

lol at Fedor being bigger than mma

Fedor is not bigger than MMA.

Do y'all really think Fedor didn't sign with the UFC because he is afraid of Brock? Seriously?