That Texas Blood

oh great, shitty site ate my previous post

Jacob Phillips, son of Sean Phillips, has a new modern Western coming out next week described as No Country for Old Men with a dash of Breaking Bad. His father is known for his gritty crime noir comics with Ed Brubaker. Lucky for us it appears that the apple hasn't fallen far from the tree.

I haven't been this hyped for a new comic in a while. Anyone else checking this out?

https://imagecomics.com/comics/releases/that-texas-blood-1

Looks promising. 

Still not sure when I will get back to the comic shop.

BigWilliam - Still not sure when I will get back to the comic shop.

I hear that.

I'm probably going to end up dropping a lot of titles that were "okay". I'm also going to increase the number of comics I get from mail order (shout out to Westfield Comics)

Just when I was thinking of going back infections spike in my state.

BigWilliam - Just when I was thinking of going back infections spike in my state.

Well, when things open up, there will be more infections.  Lockdowns were never about curing, they were all about not overwhelming the medical system.

Yes, but there is no sense in taking needless risks. At this point the comic shop is not somewhere I need to go. Things are spreading faster than ever now, it's even more important than it was 4 weeks ago.

Yeah, it sucks. Still waiting on my copy to ship.

Thankfully my local shop has been totally cool working with me to ship out my pull lists once 4-5 comics back-up over the weeks. But that's like a once a month cadence for me at this point.

BigWilliam - Yes, but there is no sense in taking needless risks. At this point the comic shop is not somewhere I need to go. Things are spreading faster than ever now, it's even more important than it was 4 weeks ago.

Sure.

I confess I"m not paying 100% attention to things. I understand that some ... groups? demographics? (not sure what the right word is) have virtually no risk, while other groups have relatively high risk. We all need to make appropriate decision based on our personal circumstances. 

Where I am now, it's a considerable effort to get to a comic book store and since most of my purchasing has always been mail order, I'm unlikely to make the trip to a physical store. For me this likely means that I won't try "new" titles that I might have given a shot, and I'm not going to be supporting local businesses.

It is a little more complicated than that. It's not just the risk that one person has it's who they can spread it to. Also higher contact rates mean higher infection rates. That leads right back to hospitals being overwhelmed. We slowed the train a little, but the bottom of the mountain is still a long way off.