The 135lb diviision, left be honest

The reason that everyone is dropping to that weight class is NOBY is going to come close to beating Jose Aldo in the near future. I think Florian is as tough as they come, his resume speaks for itself, but Jose Aldo has all the tools to beat him convincingly, the only guy who I think even stands a chance is Hatsu Hioki (If you don't know who he is look him up). Even then I think that Hioki loses drops to 135 and becomes the kind of that divsion for years to come. Truth be told, the 135lb division is where people go to hide from Jose Aldo.

Obvious troll but what?

Of course the difference in weight is going to be smaller as it goes down the scale, as 10lbs is a significant portion of bodyweight for a smaller dude.

DarkReflection - I don't like the fact that 125-135-145-155 are 10 pounds apart.

It's eventually going to tarnish what Penn and Couture accomplished.

155-170 and 205-265 are different scale of accomplishment than some decent 135er someday dropping to 125 for a title...or going up 10 for a title

I'd prefer if the classes went

155- Lightweight
140 - Feather
125 - Bantam

Keeps it a bit cleaner as far as the size of competitors in divisions.

Cheers

-DR

I don't like it either. It dilutes talent in already thin divisions. I honestly dont even care about guys fighting at 125 or 135.

Not sure why Dana thought it was a good idea to have that many smaller weight classes...

Being skinny myself I know it's hard to lose weight, because there aint much extra. Losing 10 lbs for me (I weigh 145 naturally and I don't train) would be difficult as fuck. 10 lbs to me is roughly 7% but for a 205er 10 lbs is only about 4%.

As for what the op is stating; I think he's spot on. Aldo isn't let that belt leave his grasp. Phone Post

Freeman Dyson - 
DarkReflection - I don't like the fact that 125-135-145-155 are 10 pounds apart.

It's eventually going to tarnish what Penn and Couture accomplished.

155-170 and 205-265 are different scale of accomplishment than some decent 135er someday dropping to 125 for a title...or going up 10 for a title

I'd prefer if the classes went

155- Lightweight
140 - Feather
125 - Bantam

Keeps it a bit cleaner as far as the size of competitors in divisions.

Cheers

-DR

I don't like it either. It dilutes talent in already thin divisions. I honestly dont even care about guys fighting at 125 or 135.

Percentage wise, the difference between 155 and 170 versus 145 and 135 is similar.

125 and 135 is a huge jump or drop for a guy that size.

Guys like benevidez and mighty mouse are gonna be beasts at 125.

the funny and scary thing is...

Aldo himself could drop to 135.

LOx2 - 
Fight! UK Online - Obvious troll but what?

Of course the difference in weight is going to be smaller as it goes down the scale, as 10lbs is a significant portion of bodyweight for a smaller dude.

Why do you guys need to write this "troll" shit constantly? You don't like the question or statement? Move the fuck on.

It's really annoying juvenile shit. Phone Post

Calm down dear. Why would you let yourself get so wound up by a post on a forum?

MMALOGIC - the funny and scary thing is...

I hope he does.

Florian and Griffin have never been ranked higher in ANY P4P ranking than Faber and Aldo destroyed him. Aldo is going to hold the belt for a very long time

Jons Forsberg - Aldo may become the first 3 weight division champ in history.

This sounds alot like the bj penn talk awhile ago. Phone Post

Can right be honest too? Phone Post

He probably couldn't make 35. He apparently had a pretty tough time making it to 145 last time. Phone Post

BTW, it is "Let's" be honest.

At this stage I don't think Aldo takes Edgar nor Florian.

Cruz looked less beatable than Aldo did in his last fight, imo.

LOx2 -
orcus -  Cruz looked less beatable than Aldo did in his last fight, imo.

Aldo was sick. Go investigate it a bit. He had an infection and was on meds for the Hominick bout. He said he shouldn't have fought. His corner told him he'd be fine. He looked like shit, but I chalk it up to a bad night. Hominick is a stud with his hands no degrading that, but that wasn't 100% Aldo in the ring with him.
Aldo is my personal #1 p4p
Hands feet knees elbows Bjj TDD angles footwork speed gas, he simply has it all. Phone Post

This Phone Post

crazydave - 
MMALOGIC - the funny and scary thing is...

I hope he does.

No he cant, its bullshit, He is a big 145 lber.

When his teammate Waggney Fabiano who is smaller than Aldo dropped to 135, and in my opinion he had a very bad performance compared to competing at 145.
Aldo might be able to maybe make 135s, but he would NOT be able to perform like he does at 145.

Also GUYS

with 135 and 145s around u guys have to understand, 10 lbs is a lot more of a percentage of your entire body weight than say 10 lbs is for a 205 lber.

At 135s you have people that can MAX out at around 160 when their in training.

at 145s there's people that weigh up to 175 when their training.

Grey Maynard at 155, from what I have heard walks around at over 190.

The way its set up now is PERFECT in my opinion, people can compete within their size at their LEAN weight. Just add 125s and NEVER EVER TOUCH the weight classes again IMO

any more that that and i think it would be stupid.

HotMetalDachshund - Not a fan of Smurf fights. Never have been, probably never will be.

Do 1 day of jiu jitsu

Get choked out buy smurfs

???????

Profit

Y'all just a bunch of noby's! Phone Post