The 15 best active win streaks in MMA

CRE - "Gsp isn't currently active and has been sitting longer than Jones...."

GSP will fight before Jones does, he's active and in the USADA testing pool.

Jones is eligible to return in July, and with Rumble and Cormier fighting soon and GSP indicating that his fight will likely come in the third or fourth quarter of the year, I would say that Jon Jones will likely fight before GSP does. GSP actually left the USADA testing pool when he declared himself a free agent, so he has to wait the 4 months again according to Firas on the MMA Hour.

You can't factor the hit and run into a list of best win streaks unless you want to add character as one of your metrics, which makes no sense. You indicated that putting people on who have past doping violations didn't seem fair, but Cris Cyborg is on this list.

It's clear you're omitting him due to personal distaste, which is fine because it's your list, but at least be honest about it.

Andrewsimar Palhardass - 

Jones is eligible to return in July, and with Rumble and Cormier fighting soon and GSP indicating that his fight will likely come in the third or fourth quarter of the year, I would say that Jon Jones will likely fight before GSP does. GSP actually left the USADA testing pool when he declared himself a free agent, so he has to wait the 4 months again according to Firas on the MMA Hour.

You can't factor the hit and run into a list of best win streaks unless you want to add character as one of your metrics, which makes no sense. You indicated that putting people on who have past doping violations didn't seem fair, but Cris Cyborg is on this list.

It's clear you're omitting him due to personal distaste, which is fine because it's your list, but at least be honest about it.

I just didn't see Jones as an active fighter when I made the list so I excluded him.

It's not due to personal distaste at all. Jones is my favorite LHW in the UFC other than Manuwa.

I feel like active means that a fight could be on the immediate horizon.

Cyborg and GSP could sign and announce fights any day now, Jones cannot.

CRE -
Andrewsimar Palhardass - 

I just didn't see Jones as an active fighter when I made the list so I excluded him.

It's not due to personal distaste at all. Jones is my favorite LHW in the UFC other than Manuwa.

Perspective:

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/8395233/jon-jones-defends-decision-not-fight-chael-sonnen-ufc-151

Askren over Khabib... Why? 

Khabib has fought tougher competition than Askren and is 24-0 compared to 15-0-1 

How soon will Bellator be defunct?

Also... To not have Jon Jones on the list is retarded. He's #1

triforce - 

Khabib has fought tougher competition than Askren and is 24-0 compared to 15-0-1 

Askren crushed an unbeaten Russian in Koreshkov, who was 13-0 when they fought.

Ben has been a Bellator Champion that never lost that spot.

For instance one of Ben's title challengers Karl Amoussou is 24-7 and he has won his last 7 fights in a row, all by finish.

Douglas Lima is the CURRENT Bellator Champion and Askren outclassed him with ease.

So I am coupling Askren's amateur grappling credentials with his Bellator/ONE Championship credentials and my belief is that Askren is not only the better wrestler, but the more proven better fighter.

Close inspection of both fighters records leads me to believe that Askren has fought more Championship caliber opposition.

triforce - 

Even if Jones was included he would not be #1, he would not be top 5.

The fact that Daniel Cormier is the current UFC LHW Champion and Jon Jones never lost to him speaks volumes as to why Jones' win streak would never be considered #1.

For starters LHW is a gutted division. This is evident by analyzing Jones record closely.

Jones win streak is 13 fights long, with 8 titles defenses, the most title defenses in LHW history. He has not lost in 8 years.

Of those 13 wins, 4 fighters are currently competing at Middleweight and 4 others are no longer in the UFC.

Contextually speaking Joanna fights stronger divisional talent more regularly for instance. This is through no fault of Jones, but it does make his streak less impressive.

Let's look at their last two fights.

Claudia Gadelha is 14-2, with her only two losses to Joanna Champion.

Karolina Kowalkiewicz is 10-1, her only loss is to Joanna.

Ovince Saint Preux is 19-10 and lost his last three.

Daniel Cormier is 18-1, but he hasn't fought at LHW since Oct. 2015, when he won a lackluster split decision over Gustaffson.

CRE - 
triforce - 

Even if Jones was included he would not be #1, he would not be top 5.

The fact that Daniel Cormier is the current UFC LHW Champion and Jon Jones never lost to him speaks volumes as to why Jones' win streak would never be considered #1.

For starters LHW is a gutted division. This is evident by analyzing Jones record closely.

Jones win streak is 13 fights long, with 8 titles defenses, the most title defenses in LHW history. He has not lost in 8 years.

Of those 13 wins, 4 fighters are currently competing at Middleweight and 4 others are no longer in the UFC.

Contextually speaking Joanna fights stronger divisional talent more regularly for instance. This is through no fault of Jones, but it does make his streak less impressive.

Let's look at their last two fights.

Claudia Gadelha is 14-2, with her only two losses to Joanna Champion.

Karolina Kowalkiewicz is 10-1, her only loss is to Joanna.

Ovince Saint Preux is 19-10 and lost his last three.

Daniel Cormier is 18-1, but he hasn't fought at LHW since Oct. 2015, when he won a lackluster split decision over Gustaffson.

You're really twisting this. Daniel Cormier has only lost to Jon Jones, and he cleaned house when he fought at heavyweight. Just say "I don't like him" and it'll be more admissible.

CRE - I feel like active means that a fight could be on the immediate horizon.

Cyborg and GSP could sign and announce fights any day now, Jones cannot.

As I said earlier, GSP just entered the testing pool and is ineligible for four months.

Most people thought Paddy Pimblett lost his last fight so don't really know why he's on there

Mshi - Most people thought Paddy Pimblett lost his last fight so don't really know why he's on there

Significance. He is a star in the making. I liked the way he looked on me list to get it kicked off proper. UFC 400 Main Event. #1 contender Callum Bisping vs. the Champion Paddy the Baddy...

The British coming

Nice list I would have khabib higher especially over Ferguson but that's probably annoying you with so many others saying the same thing

TTT

Good read...thanks CRE

TeamPrimal - Good read...thanks CRE

triforce -

Because this moron squeezes the juice out of Askren's jock every morning for his breakfast drink. 

This clown is all over Asken. He hangs effortlessly from the Askren nutsac with one hand while the other gives him a "reach around™" 

Askren fights more bums than anyone and Santos was kicking his ass

If it was UFC you could make your arguments about Khabib being below Ferguson but it's MMA, he's 24-0 it's one of the longest undefeated streaks to start a career ever if not the best. Khabib should be number 2 behind the GSP.