The 2020 LW landscape

Wasa-B - Praise Allah that Khabib/Tony finally got made.

If Kev Lee can keep his weight ok for 155, he’s gonna remain tough. He always had the tool - despite the KO over Gillespie, I think he should focus on striking more to set up his tds. His ground game is great - one of the best wrestlers with GNP and a sub game right now.

People are so quick to sleep on someone when they get KTFO but I wouldnt forget about Gillespie.

I'm the opposite.  I think Kevin Lee is getting overhyped of his ko win on Gillespie.

Miller vs Holtzman booked for 2/15.

Holtzman is 4-1 in his last five UFC fights. 12 year UFC LW vet Jim Miller is having a career resurgence, 3-1 with three subs after an 0-4 skid vs four top 15 LWs. In his last four the only time he came up short was a sub loss to Oliveira.

Marc Diakiese vs Stevie Ray booked for 3/21.

Trinaldo vs Makdessi on 3/14.

Luis Pena vs. Alex Munoz booked for 2/29.

Mark Madsen needs to fight soon.

Not a LW fight but a very important fight in terms of what could happen next at LW.

Dan Hardy always provides s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GA02l8L81s

olid analysis.

cyberc92 -

Mark Madsen needs to fight soon.

MMAjunkie is reporting Madsen vs Hubbard for UFC 248.

Lentz vs Narimani on 1/25.

Narimani does have a win in his last fight over the fighter with the most intimidating name in MMA.... Anderson Dos Santos.

Every big fight needs a HBO 24/7/UFC Countdown type show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II3ru-wGy_Y

IMO:

Oliveira vs Lee goes down March 14th. Great fight

1 Like

Business is picking up.

Conor vs Cowboy 1/18 *not at LW but very relevant

Pettis vs Ferreira 1/18

Dober vs Haqparast 1/18

Lentz vs Narimani 1/25

Medeiros vs Vannata 2/15

Miller vs Holtzman 2/15

Mustafaev vs Riddell 2/22

Hooker vs Felder 2/22

Pena vs Munoz 2/29

Dariush vs Klose 3/7

Madsen vs Hubbard 3/7

Lee vs Oliveira 3/14

Trinaldo vs Makdessi 3/14

Diakiese vs Ray 3/21

Khabib vs Ferguson for the UFC LW title 4/18

Moicano vs Hadzovic is on 3/14.

Well the LWs shined tonight.

Dober, Ferreira and Conor all earned POTN bonuses.

Before the Cowboy fight, Conor said he might fight again before he fights for the title. Dana seems like he wants Conor to wait for the Khabib/Tony winner. Dana is of course hoping for Khabib vs Conor II. Media asked about Conor vs Tony and of course that could be the fight.

Doubt Conor acts on the desire to fight again before the Khabib vs Tony winner so we are looking at Conor vs Khabib vs Tony winner in September or later.

Will be interesting to see whats next for Gaethje.

Ottman Azaitar vs Khama Worthy booked for 249.

Khabib’s dad saying Makhachev vs Ferreira will be happening.

Evan Dunham is returning and fighting Michael Johnson on April 25th.

There are some pretty good fights booked. That being said Ramos, Ismagulov, Taisumov, Tsarukyan, Santos, Gillespie, Makhachev, Hernandez, Poirier, and Gaethje will have fights booked and announced soon (most of them).

Khabib's dad saying Makhachev vs Ferreira in the works.

I can only hope Gaethje vs Conor happens. Sets up the perfect four man tourny with Khabib and Tony.

I would hope 39 year old, 18 year vet, 6-0-1 in the UFC Leo Santos can get a big fight n Brazil at UFC 250. Its crazy you can debut vs Gomi, submit GSP in ADCC, win TUF Brazil, beat Thiago Santos and TKO Kevin Lee yet not have much chance of getting a big fight.

Santos v Oliveira? maybe Ramos?

I’d rather see Oliveira v Gaethje and Poirier v Diaz though

cab - Santos v Oliveira? maybe Ramos?

I’d rather see Oliveira v Gaethje and Poirier v Diaz though

Oliveira vs Lee is already signed for March.