The All Star game is kind of a joke..

I'm an NBA fan, but I can't take the All Star game seriously, mostly because the players themselves don't take it seriously. There is basically no defense played, the players goof around and smile, and nobody cares who wins.

I prefer a real game where all the players are playing as well as they can.

I guess if you like a showcase of the star players and enjoy watching how they interact and it may be of some interest.

I won't be watching it....except for the dunk contest.

All right. Fess up. Who's going to be watching it?

The 3 point contest is the only interesting thing about all star weekend imo

Good thread.

I find all-star games for any sport a waste of time. Most players would rather have the time off to rest and nobody wants to play hard becasue it's not worth a potential injury. Skills competitions can be fun but the actual games are pointless.

I havent watched in years but I think they should maybe do something like a 3 on 3 tourney. Have the top 16 teams play a 3 on 3 elimination game to 21. That would be more fun. Would favor half court teams more but still fun.

Kick Boxe - The 3 point contest is the only interesting thing about all star weekend imo

Yeah, forgot about that. Definitely worth watching.

kind of a joke? kind of? That's like a prime Tera Patrick was kind of attractive.

FlyinHawaiian -
Kick Boxe - The 3 point contest is the only interesting thing about all star weekend imo

Yeah, forgot about that. Definitely worth watching.
Id like to see Steph shoot perfectly in 1 heat

165-158 east

I like watching the game. Everyone's trying to do crazy highlight shit.

The GOAT dunker/defending champ, isn't in the contest this year, but I'll still watch.

FlyinHawaiian - I'm an NBA fan, but I can't take the All Star game seriously, mostly because the players themselves don't take it seriously. There is basically no defense played, the players goof around and smile, and nobody cares who wins.

I guess if you like a showcase of the star players and enjoy watching how they interact and it may be of some interest.

when is the dunk contest?

I would like to see a 1 on 1 tournament. We always talk about hypothetical matchups, seems like people would enjoy it and players would be super competitive as there is ego involved 

Anyone have links for the celeb game last night and the sophomore vs rookie

StrikingMMA -
FlyinHawaiian - I'm an NBA fan, but I can't take the All Star game seriously, mostly because the players themselves don't take it seriously. There is basically no defense played, the players goof around and smile, and nobody cares who wins.

All Star Saturday starts at 8.

Dunk contest is final event of the night, so, 10 maybe?

GUMBY ? - 
StrikingMMA -

All Star Saturday starts at 8.

Dunk contest is final event of the night, so, 10 maybe?

Thanks Gumby. Now that Fedors fight was canceled I may just watch Aaron Gordon dunk again.

All all-star games in every sport are a joke. Couldn't pay me to watch one.

It's a glorified layup line. Not worth watching anymore and hasn't been for a long time. 

dunk contest just started