The Asterisk

Say what you will but there will always be that asterisk next to Weidmans name. Anderson fan or not. I would rather have had Andy knocked out in the first than see Chris win that way. Sucks for both men.

Totally disagree.

Weidman, Rogan, and Longo all addressed after the first fight that Weidman needed to work on checking the leg kicks. When you work on something, you become good at it. 

Do I consider Weidman good at checking leg kicks? After first fight, no, after 2nd fight.....

I ask you this. When Anderson was kicking towards Weidman's leg, and Weidman lifted his leg to check it, between then, and the moment Anderson's leg snapped, when did luck intervine?

The only time an asterisk should be involved is when there are testosterone therapys or steroid enhancement. Everything else is fair game

DakenTattoo - Say what you will but there will always be that asterisk next to Weidmans name. Anderson fan or not. I would rather have had Andy knocked out in the first than see Chris win that way. Sucks for both men.
An asterisk with 2 decisive wins?

Did you grow up that dumb or is it a new development? Phone Post 3.0

The fact that we are having this discussion proves my point. The first fight could be argued that Anderson clowned too much. If Anderson did that in the 2nd fight and had the same result then it would have been shame on him. This fight is the same as saying Anderson beat Cote. Andy didn't really beat him. No fighter wants to win like that and I actually feel bad for Weidman. He deserves a definitive win. He almost had it in the first.

And honestly if you are a Weidman fan or not, this win is not satisfying.

When Anderson was kicking towards Weidman's leg, and Weidman lifted his leg to check it, between then, and the moment Anderson's leg snapped, when did luck intervine?

This was about as decisive as the Shogun/Coleman arm break. Phone Post 3.0

D241 - 

When Anderson was kicking towards Weidman's leg, and Weidman lifted his leg to check it, between then, and the moment Anderson's leg snapped, when did luck intervine?

No one said anything about luck. It was a good technique. I cringed at the first checked kick. I'm just saying both wins will always be open to interpretation unlike Fedors losses.

Stan Wang - If you'd rather have seen Ando knocked out in the first than beaten in the second, lucky you. You got to see both. Phone Post 3.0
legit lol Phone Post 3.0

DakenTattoo - Say what you will but there will always good technique next to Weidmans name. Anderson fan or not. I would rather have had Andy knocked out in the first than see Chris win that way. Sucks for both men.

Using your own words/opinion, I fixed that for you.

Full disclosure. I'm saying this as a Long Island boy myself. I will root for Weidman against anyone not named Anderson Silva. So I also would have likeed to have seen a definitive win.

Stan Wang - If you'd rather have seen Ando knocked out in the first than beaten in the second, lucky you. You got to see both. Phone Post 3.0

LOL

So the Asterisk means effective at checking leg kicks?

DakenTattoo - Full disclosure. I'm saying this as a Long Island boy myself. I will root for Weidman against anyone not named Anderson Silva. So I also would have likeed to have seen a definitive win.

Weidman's 2nd win over Anderson was more definitive than Henderson's win over Fedor.

D241 - 
DakenTattoo - Full disclosure. I'm saying this as a Long Island boy myself. I will root for Weidman against anyone not named Anderson Silva. So I also would have likeed to have seen a definitive win.

Weidman's 2nd win over Anderson was more definitive than Henderson's win over Fedor.

Please elaborate.

you sir are completely wrong. 2 decisive wins over the goat. Anderson had NOTHING for him in either fight. no asterisk. new champ Phone Post 3.0

Anderson losing the first round is nothing new. Almost getting knocked out is. It was not a clean win. Sucks but that * will always be there.

Now moving on I hope Weidman crushes Belfort.

DakenTattoo - 
D241 - 

Please elaborate.

Fedor was flash koe'd, similar to Anderson in the first round. It wasn't a title fight, just a super fight, not much on the line. Anderson's fight however, more was at stake, and Anderson couldn't continue which was obvious, however many felt that Fedor stoppage was too early.

Anderson tapped, screamed, it was obvious he wasn't going to continue. Fedor vs Henderson, Fedor vs Bigfoot, there definitely was a "what if" of doubt when you wonder "what if the fight had gone on".

DakenTattoo - Anderson losing the first round is nothing new. Almost getting knocked out is. It was not a clean win. Sucks but that * will always be there.

Now moving on I hope Weidman crushes Belfort.
He almost ko d him at the end of the first which makes your observation moot Phone Post 3.0