MMA Underground Forums

The Asterisk

MyGodThisMMA - This was about as decisive as the Shogun/Coleman arm break. Phone Post 3.0

wtf is wrong with people? Shogun fell on his arm and broke it, Weidman CHECKED Anderson's kick and broke Andersons leg with SOLID defense.

Not even close to the same thing.

No asterisk next to these wins because he beat Anderson in a fair fight both times.

So when Frank Mir snapped Tim Sylvia's arm, does he get an asterisk? Phone Post 3.0

LOFL at winning by a checked leg kick as some kind of decisive victory. I didn't care who won but this was a complete and total fluke way to win. Phone Post 3.0

TexDeuce - LOFL at winning by a checked leg kick as some kind of decisive victory. I didn't care who won but this was a complete and total fluke way to win. Phone Post 3.0

how many flukes are gonna happen for weidman against silva? first fight? fluke, checked a very hard leg kick perfectly? fluke. If you check an extremely hard leg kick like that its like kicking cement.

it was a fist fight both times and Weidman won both times, and I'm a huge Anderson fan but you need to get your head out of his butt hole.

What's funny is if you think about the reverse, being that 

If Weidman did NOT check Anderson's kick, and in return Weidman got his leg broke, he would label it as a definitive victory.

i think  theres only 1 guy who may be glad it ended with a freak leg break

vitor

he should be getting a title shot very soon

DakenTattoo -
D241 - 

When Anderson was kicking towards Weidman's leg, and Weidman lifted his leg to check it, between then, and the moment Anderson's leg snapped, when did luck intervine?

No one said anything about luck. It was a good technique. I cringed at the first checked kick. I'm just saying both wins will always be open to interpretation unlike Fedors losses.
It's only "open for interpretation" to idiots who can't set aside their fanaticism for Silva. Phone Post 3.0

DakenTattoo -
D241 - 

When Anderson was kicking towards Weidman's leg, and Weidman lifted his leg to check it, between then, and the moment Anderson's leg snapped, when did luck intervine?

No one said anything about luck. It was a good technique. I cringed at the first checked kick. I'm just saying both wins will always be open to interpretation unlike Fedors losses.

Does it make sense to have an asterisk next to good technique?

Obviously not

OP, you are almost there man. You have recognized that it isn't a fluke or luck, you've acknowledged that. You have acknowledged that it was exactly what you described it..."Good technique".

I have seen a leg check end a fight about as often as I've seen a gogoplata end a fight. They are both very rare, but they are both techniques, techniques that could, and have ended fights.  Just b/c it's a very rare occurrance, doesn't mean it should be a fluke.

Anderson's front kick to Vitor wasn't a fluke. It was great technique. Rare, b/c we've never seen someone get knocked out like that before Anderson did it, but nobody was saying to put an asterisk with that win.

Lol @ my new screen name.   Damn Fryed Takayama lol

UGCTT_BlahBreh -
TexDeuce - LOFL at winning by a checked leg kick as some kind of decisive victory. I didn't care who won but this was a complete and total fluke way to win. Phone Post 3.0

how many flukes are gonna happen for weidman against silva? first fight? fluke, checked a very hard leg kick perfectly? fluke. If you check an extremely hard leg kick like that its like kicking cement.

it was a fist fight both times and Weidman won both times, and I'm a huge Anderson fan but you need to get your head out of his butt hole.
What? How many fights have been won in the UFC by a checked leg kick that breaks someone's leg? One? That is like saying someone blew their knee out and fell down and you won.

Lol at "like kicking cement". People kick into checked leg kicks virtually every fight. This was a complete and total fluke for your leg to snap in half on a checked leg kick. Anyone that says different has no fucking clue what they are talking about. Phone Post 3.0

TexDeuce - How many fights have been won in the UFC by a checked leg kick that breaks someone's leg? One? That is like saying someone blew their knee out and fell down and you won.
So by YOUR logic, when Anderson Silva was the first and only fighter to win a fight by front kick to the face, you would have called that a fluke. If not, why not-what is the difference?

Nick Diaz won by gogoplata, that was extremely rare when that happened, was that a fluke? If not, what's the difference?

TexDeuce - 
Lol at "like kicking cement". People kick into checked leg kicks virtually every fight. This was a complete and total fluke for your leg to snap in half on a checked leg kick. Anyone that says different has no fucking clue what they are talking about. Phone Post 3.0

Vitor Belfort was front kicked to the face in his fight against Akiyama. Unlike Anderson, his front kick didn't knock Vitor out. Vitor prepared for it.
Weidman got his legs kicked in the first fight. He prepared for it.

What is the purpose of checking a kick TexDeuce? 
When Chris started to lift his leg to check the kick, and the moment Anderson's leg snapped, when did the fluke occur? What specific time did it take place during this? Very interested to see how you answer that last one.

Its not the way we wanted to see it but the chapter is done. Anderson had 2 chances and failed both times.