The Atlantic endorses Clinton

I know it won't convince anyone here, but for only the third time in it's almost 160 year history, The Atlantic has chosen to endorse a Presidential candidate--or more accurately, it has felt compelled to take a stand again Trump. It's a good read (unless you're a Trumpette--then you're just going to be annoyed/dismissive/confused):

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2016/11/the-case-for-hillary-clinton-and-against-donald-trump/501161/

I'm not a Trumpette, but it's stupid. Fuck off and worry about your own country, clown.

GoFudgePackerGo -

I'm not a Trumpette, but it's stupid. Fuck off and worry about your own country, clown.

so basically you're a moron?

Who are you voting for op? Phone Post 3.0

Omg a magazine editors choice for president matters so much to me.

Fuck off.

Trump 2016 Phone Post 3.0

shaqitup - 
GoFudgePackerGo -

so basically you're a moron?

OK. Where aboots in Canada are you from?

Tiresias - Can anyone give me a quick synopsis of their argument? Phone Post 3.0

Basically it goes 

1) We almost never do this, so that means our argument is stronger here

2) Hillary has a lot of experience.  She's done fucked up stuff, but she's done good stuff too, and is very qualified.

3) Trump has zero experience and is a shitty human

4) Therefore, vote Hillary

A magazine that is heavily liberal endorses a Democrat?

But the Pacific is pure Trump

Amazing how in politics a complete lack of experience is a benefit in people's minds.

The idea that someone successful in business will be successful in government doesn't seem to have a lot of evidence to back up the claim. Phone Post 3.0

This is in addition to USA Today (most circulated newspaper) and pretty much every major newspaper and publication in the country endorsing Hilary, and senior leaders in the prior republican administration doing the same.

Sorry CJW (conservative justice warriors), even your own party hates Trump; a guy who inherited his wealth (would be wealthier if he jus put his inheritance into S&P 500), has zero government experience or foreign policy exp, perpetually lies, and conducts himself like a moron. I watched him try to give a substantive speech recently; it was a disaster.

An incredibly biased, Leftist rag endorsed Hillary?

No way.

SilcStar - Amazing how in politics a complete lack of experience is a benefit in people's minds.

The idea that someone successful in business will be successful in government doesn't seem to have a lot of evidence to back up the claim. Phone Post 3.0
The only career politician I'd vote for is Rand Paul. The rest can burn in hell.

A vote for Trump is a vote against the political corruption in this plutocracy. Phone Post 3.0

dabigchet - "Donald Trump, on the other hand, has no record of public service and no qualifications for public office. His affect is that of an infomercial huckster; he traffics in conspiracy theories and racist invective; he is appallingly sexist; he is erratic, secretive, and xenophobic; he expresses admiration for authoritarian rulers, and evinces authoritarian tendencies himself. He is easily goaded, a poor quality for someone seeking control of America’s nuclear arsenal. He is an enemy of fact-based discourse; he is ignorant of, and indifferent to, the Constitution; he appears not to read."

pretty much nails it.
Who cares if he has a fucking library card or not.

Illiterate lives matter too. Phone Post 3.0

EluThingol -
SilcStar - Amazing how in politics a complete lack of experience is a benefit in people's minds.

The only career politician I'd vote for is Rand Paul. The rest can burn in hell.

A vote for Trump is a vote against the political corruption in this plutocracy. Phone Post 3.0
I see how many people view it that way, it's just a shame if that is the only way to send a strong enough message that people are fed up with the corruption.

As an outside observer I do find it curious how everyone is OK with corruption until it's on the other side of the aisle. Phone Post 3.0

I hate Hitlery as much as anyone, but the blind love for Trump around here is astounding. Every day I see guys talking about all the vile things Hillary could do and keep her moronic supporters, but Trump has been making missteps on a near daily basis for over a year only for his supporters to grow MORE fervent.

Also, pointing your finger at the other party any time your candidate does something retarded isn't really a valid defense. But it sure is common. I'll take my daily downvotes, please! Phone Post 3.0

Cutty McButts - I hate Hitlery as much as anyone, but the blind love for Trump around here is astounding. Every day I see guys talking about all the vile things Hillary could do and keep her moronic supporters, but Trump has been making missteps on a near daily basis for over a year only for his supporters to grow MORE fervent.

Also, pointing your finger at the other party any time your candidate does something retarded isn't really a valid defense. But it sure is common. I'll take my daily downvotes, please! Phone Post 3.0
Folks are sending the establishment a message. Their feverish and constant attacks on Trump only grow the societal disdain for the corruption in politics.

If you don't get that, then sit back and enjoy. The people are fed up. Phone Post 3.0

dabigchet - "Donald Trump, on the other hand, has no record of public service and no qualifications for public office. His affect is that of an infomercial huckster; he traffics in conspiracy theories and racist invective; he is appallingly sexist; he is erratic, secretive, and xenophobic; he expresses admiration for authoritarian rulers, and evinces authoritarian tendencies himself. He is easily goaded, a poor quality for someone seeking control of America’s nuclear arsenal. He is an enemy of fact-based discourse; he is ignorant of, and indifferent to, the Constitution; he appears not to read."

pretty much nails it.

"Donald Trump, on the other hand, has no record of public service and no qualifications for public office"

Compare how Trump runs his company with how HUD or NYCHA are run. "public service" is a complete joke.

Kinda interesting the 3 theyve they've chosen.

Lincoln, lbj, and now trumps opponent.

Probably aren't 3 less popular presidents in the south. Phone Post 3.0

". Every day I see guys talking about all the vile things Hillary could do and keep her moronic supporters, but Trump has been making missteps on a near daily basis for over a year only for his supporters to grow MORE fervent. "

There's something about the authoritarian person type (which is the type who really likes Trump) that makes them eager to worship. They love to lionize people.

Whether it's God, putin, or the combover, they love to have someone they think is powerful in control.

Daddy issues, the lot of em Phone Post 3.0