The Bastard Executioner starts tonight on FX

Read one review that compared the show to the last few seasons of SOA and that if you thought early SOA was better than the end of SOA you will not like this show.

Seems like a drama set in the same era as Braveheart. It could be interesting.

There ye be blowback on thee when thy Scots are not down with thy English, and the Welsh not taketh care of olden ladies ye. 

*cuts to mandatory gay raep raep prison scene*

They made a how about Jon snow ? Phone Post 3.0

He probably will end up trying to hard with this one, Southpaw was like he tried to combine Rocky 1-3 story lines into one movie.

I saw this in a review,

The show’s most notable co-star is Katey Sagal, looking here like Patti Smith and sounding like Natasha from the old Rocky and Bullwinkle cartoons

Papa BUrgandy - I saw this in a review,

The show’s most notable co-star is Katey Sagal, looking here like Patti Smith and sounding like Natasha from the old Rocky and Bullwinkle cartoons

since she is his wife in real life I'm not surprised he cast her.

Sutter is beyond pompous... Last few seasons of sons can suck a dick. Sutter believes his own hype Phone Post 3.0

This looks like shit but will give it a shot. Phone Post 3.0

Wasn't a bad pilot, don't know if it will hold my attention for an entire season.

Looks like shit

I agree with all above who think sutter is a hack,pound for pound the og has the best taste anywhere online.

I recorded it. Must admit that I hated Soa and how cartoonishly bad it went. Liked the first two seasons.

I really wish he would have left wife out. I saw preview and went from 1300s to hey there is peg bundy. Broke that illusion. Phone Post 3.0

Thanks for the review, sounds like I will just delete it off the DVR when I get home.

clevelandkid - I tried. Once the extended scene about the guy banging the sheep came on, I tapped. I might try it again, but it does not look good at all.
Wasn't there a fuck load of violent gay butt sex last ep? Phone Post 3.0

Uhtred Ragnarson -
clevelandkid - I tried. Once the extended scene about the guy banging the sheep came on, I tapped. I might try it again, but it does not look good at all.
Wasn't there a fuck load of violent gay butt sex last ep? Phone Post 3.0
I'm interested... Phone Post 3.0

I didn't care for the story too much.

The guy gets pissed because his family is butchered, along with the family of his neighbors. His neighbors and him find the Baron and a squad of his soldiers, and they, along with some rebels, kill the hell out of them. After he executes Bill Compton's brother (he plays a very cool character, but I do miss Sookie's tits.), masquerading as a travelling punisher that was killed along with the Baron and his guys, Bill Compton tells him that he has to stay. All for naught, as it turns out that Peggy Bundy's assistant was the one that killed his wife.

I liked the gore and the scenery, but that story line is just too ridiculous for me. I never watched Sons, and from what I saw, I'm pretty happy with that decision.

It wasn't that bad. It wasn't that good either. Peggy Bundy kind of ruins it.

Wanted to like it, but not very good, IMO.

Not a fan of the supernatural aspects of the story, acting appears pretty bush league with some exceptions. Some shit was just weird apparently for just the sake of it being weird.

And I know Kurt's gotta give Katey Sagal work, but holy shit her accent was terrible.

Looks like I'll have to wait for The Last Kingdom for the next good medieval period-piece TV.

. Phone Post 3.0