The Beaten Path Trail Montana

16 Likes

Awesome pics. What are you doing? Hiking, fishing, overlanding?

1 Like

3 Likes

Hiking

4 Likes

Badass, looks amazing. You have any bear protection with you?

1 Like

Yeah. You can see it in the side pocket of my pack. The pics make it look badass but it was tough. I used to live in Montana and would knock hikes like that out with no problem but I got real sick going over the pass from altitude and over exertion.

2 Likes

I threw up about 5 times right after I took this pic. Lol

3 Likes

4 Likes

Fantastic shots!

1 Like

That is grizzly country for sure

2 Likes

We didn’t see any wildlife whatsoever besides a couple of chipmunks but yes it is grizzly country and you have to always be prepared.

Thanks for sharing nice pictures. I just got in from my morning walk on the Mountain to Seas trail. It sucks compared to this, it runs by the backside of my property but really is just a walking trail beside the blue ridge parkway where I’m at.

2 Likes

the GF and I enjoyed a vacation in Asheville where we also enjoyed walking and scenic drive in the Blue-Ridge Parkway which we thought to be a beautiful place

also great pics OP!

1 Like

My broken body yearns for the ability to do these things again. But I overdid it for 20 years. Now it’s the couch and envy for me.

Anyone want like 3 giant bins full of gear? I gave away all my climbing stuff a couple of years ago. Still have all the hiking and camping gear.

2 Likes

I don’t know if I want it. But I want to see it. You should start a thread with pictures and descriptions. Ive thought about a thread for backpackers and hikers could show off all their favorite gear. I wasnt sure how much interest there would be.

1 Like

Great idea. If I could find my old phones I have tons of pics from trails all over Montana

Maybe. Some of it is downright ancient. My sleeping bag is a 25 year old Marmot, and one of my larger backpacks is a 30 year old North Face.

I’ve heard homeless shelters love backpacking gear donations if you just wanted to get rid of it.

We really are the same person

I’m definitely not far behind. Trying to get it in while I still can but this trip was a reminder that father time is undefeated. I’m hurting today for sure.

2 Likes