The Best Kimura Instructional Videos

I'm looking for a kimura trap-style instructional video and I'm curious which ones get the best reviews from everyone here. I am aware of the Kimura Trap series from David Avellan, but the reviews don't seem great. Thanks 

In 

I really liked the Avellan Kimura trap videos

I think he catches some flack for the way the videos are marketed but that seems to be the norm in the bjj instructionals marketing game

There is solid material that is well organized in the video set

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8ewjXN7Etbo

Guy posted this somewhere a few weeks ago. Kinda goofy cat but some good info, I got a lot out of it cuz I'm kinda on a kimura kick right now myself. As well as the trap, Such a powerful grip.

Kimura Funnel - Varner Rocha

Vagner*

Andrew Smith from Richmond, VA has a lot to offer on YouTube in the way of kimura concepts. Check dat out

Don't buy Avellans trash, u'lll get sucked into a wave of sleazy marketing.

ryan hall goes over kimuras pretty well in his open elbow set

juanderlei, you can check out 10 of the 52 techniques from the series for $3: http://kimuratrap.com/kts-intro-online/

That's a good way to check it out and see if you like the moves, style, and explanation before jumping for the entire set.  This is David's bread-and-butter, his best stuff.

And for the dude talking about getting "sucked into a wave of sleazy marketing" - all you got to do is hit "unsubscribe"... not a big deal if you don't like the content... my brother is constantly working on new stuff and sharing it with his list, for example, he has a new reverse kimura series he has been working on from top half guard that he is big on, and he has been sharing it with his email list.

I have Wagner Rocha's 50/50 of the Arms and David Avellan's Kimura Trap System. Both are excellent and have stuff you can add to your game immediately. 

Chris Brennan king of the kimura 

surprised it took this long for someone to bring it up

triple b is dead on!! Brennan's king of the kimura is excellent and has many variations, set ups, etc. IMO AVOID the Avellan material...his marketing is sleazy and his affiliation with Lloyd Irving to this day is all you should need to know about his ethics in business. People should avoid their marketing and their material, some things are more important than a buck.

Tysaw, instead of vague accusations on David's ethics - why don't you give some examples of how he is unethical with his business?  He gives out free content constantly via his email list, he offers a 75 minute preview of the DVD system (10 of the 52 moves in the system) for only $3 so people can sample it before buying, and to top it off, he has a 30 day money back guarantee on his entire DVD system... The terms of the guarantee?  Just write him a review about what you didn't like about the DVDs and return them before the 30 days.  That's it.

I get some people may not like the marketing or whatever - but to say he is not ethical, that's just ignorant.

Let's go down the checklist of what he offers:

Free content... check

Almost free 75 minute preview... check

30 day money back guarantee (no tricks or hoops)... check

Solid content on the DVDs with testimonials from Grappling Champions and Bellator & UFC champions... check

Offers free updates to his system for people that bought, so they can access the updates online as he adds new techniques to the system over the years... check

So where in all of this does David being unethical fit into the equation?  It doesn't...

So many people just talk straight trash on the internet, it is unreal, lol :)  David has been doing Kimura Trap seminars all over the country, he recently did one in February at Drysdale's place - and has been invited back again in May.  If the system is such a farce, I guess an ADCC champion in Drysdale got duped twice?  Give me a break.  Dom Cruz has trained with him and vouched for him, Phil Davis had David in his corner in the UFC... But some guys with screen names on the internet are going to say his system is garbage, he is unethical, etc.  Whatever dude, keep typing away.  Meanwhile he is a five-time ADCC veteran and bronze medalist, having tapped out world champions and having defeated ADCC world champions - and now he's retired from competition and enjoying coaching and teaching people all over the world either in person with seminars or via online or via DVDs.  Deal with it :)  But I'll give the trolls credit, you're five time veteran champions of posting trash on the forums.  Congrats on your martial arts accomplishments and contributions! haha, I can troll too! ;)

Paulson's "Killer Chickenwings" is the only one I've seen. It's good.

I like the kimura trap system quite a bit more than Chris Brennans, but that's just my opinion

I'd like to get a look at vagner rochas set as well as the mau mau kimura set

TheThrill - I like the kimura trap system quite a bit more than Chris Brennans, but that's just my opinion

I bought the Mau Mau set about a year ago and honestly was disappointed with the lack of content. I think the instructional only showed like 10 or 11 techniques, a number of which were attacks from side control or half guard. I guess I was looking for something showing more advanced applications and attacks for the kimura. 

juanderlei -
TheThrill - I like the kimura trap system quite a bit more than Chris Brennans, but that's just my opinion

I bought the Mau Mau set about a year ago and honestly was disappointed with the lack of content. I think the instructional only showed like 10 or 11 techniques, a number of which were attacks from side control or half guard. I guess I was looking for something showing more advanced applications and attacks for the kimura. 

I'm honestly not convinced that you can't piece together better content for free by looking around YouTube

https://youtu.be/8ewjXN7Etbo

Here's a half hour right here alone

Marcos Avellan -

Tysaw, instead of vague accusations on David's ethics - why don't you give some examples of how he is unethical with his business?  He gives out free content constantly via his email list, he offers a 75 minute preview of the DVD system (10 of the 52 moves in the system) for only $3 so people can sample it before buying, and to top it off, he has a 30 day money back guarantee on his entire DVD system... The terms of the guarantee?  Just write him a review about what you didn't like about the DVDs and return them before the 30 days.  That's it.

I get some people may not like the marketing or whatever - but to say he is not ethical, that's just ignorant.

Let's go down the checklist of what he offers:

Free content... check

Almost free 75 minute preview... check

30 day money back guarantee (no tricks or hoops)... check

Solid content on the DVDs with testimonials from Grappling Champions and Bellator & UFC champions... check

Offers free updates to his system for people that bought, so they can access the updates online as he adds new techniques to the system over the years... check

So where in all of this does David being unethical fit into the equation?  It doesn't...

So many people just talk straight trash on the internet, it is unreal, lol :)  David has been doing Kimura Trap seminars all over the country, he recently did one in February at Drysdale's place - and has been invited back again in May.  If the system is such a farce, I guess an ADCC champion in Drysdale got duped twice?  Give me a break.  Dom Cruz has trained with him and vouched for him, Phil Davis had David in his corner in the UFC... But some guys with screen names on the internet are going to say his system is garbage, he is unethical, etc.  Whatever dude, keep typing away.  Meanwhile he is a five-time ADCC veteran and bronze medalist, having tapped out world champions and having defeated ADCC world champions - and now he's retired from competition and enjoying coaching and teaching people all over the world either in person with seminars or via online or via DVDs.  Deal with it :)  But I'll give the trolls credit, you're five time veteran champions of posting trash on the forums.  Congrats on your martial arts accomplishments and contributions! haha, I can troll too! ;)

the obfuscation is working, no-one is even thinking of lloyd

Chris Brennan for sure.