The Braves would win an All Time team tourney

BRAVES

Pitchers: Warren Spahn, John Smoltz, Greg Maddux, Tom Glavine, Phil Niekro, Tim Hudson, Lew Burdette, Craig Kimbrel, Gene Garber, Steve Bedrosian, Mike Remlinger

Starters:
C: Javy Lopez
1B: Freddie Freeman
2B: Marcus Giles
3B: Chipper Jones
SS: Jeff Blauser
LF: Dale Murphy
CF: Andruw Jones
RF: Hank Aaron
DH: Eddie Mathews

top 5 starters, no team can beat

The Braves starting pitchers couldn’t beat the Yankees in the 90s. How would they beat their all time team?

3 Likes

Adrian Street - top 5 starters, no team can beat

Red Sox are going to start Pedro Martinez and Roger Clements 4 times in a 7 game series, and Washington is going to start

1) Walter Johnson (arguably the best pitcher ever)
2) Max Scherzer (future hall of famer )
3) Stephen Strasburg (Trending toward hall of fame)

in 5 starts.

Braves are a great choice, but they're not no-brainers.

SecondBase - The Braves starting pitchers couldn’t beat the Yankees in the 90s. How would they beat their all time team?

They had Warren Spahn and Niekro on that team?

The Braves are my boys! That being said, while the pitching staff is awesome, there's holes in that lineup. C, 2B, SS...

Yankees, IMO...and I HATE the Yankees.

1 Like

I’ve been playing a hacked ROM of the old RBI Baseball for NES with all-time rosters for each team. Based on my in-game research... Braves are good, but aren’t in the top-5. 

Yankees & Red Sox crush everybody. 

93 Blue Jays would smoke those fools. Joltin' Joe for the walk-off!

3 Likes

Adrian Street - 
SecondBase - The Braves starting pitchers couldn’t beat the Yankees in the 90s. How would they beat their all time team?

Did the Yankees have... forget it. You don’t really believe the Braves are better. Outside of Chipper and maybe Aaron, nobody from that lineup cracks the Yanks starters.

Ha.

Yankees belt homer after fucking homer against anybody.

SecondBase - 
Adrian Street - 

Did the Yankees have... forget it. You don’t really believe the Braves are better. Outside of Chipper and maybe Aaron, nobody from that lineup cracks the Yanks starters.

I agree, name a single SP that cracks Atlanta's rotation

Adrian Street -
SecondBase - 
Adrian Street - 

Well, Whitey Ford and Mel Stottlemyre could replace Hudson, Niekro and Burdette...

TeamEvilBadGuys - 
Adrian Street -
SecondBase - 
Adrian Street - 

Well, Whitey Ford and Mel Stottlemyre could replace Hudson, Niekro and Burdette...

The 5 man rotation. The only one with a chance would be Ford. Mel Stottlemeyre can be the pitching coach

Yankees, Red Sox, A's

jays already smoked the braves in 92, so....

the 93 team was better.  top 3 batters in batting avg, the first time in almost a century:

olerud (nearly batting 400 for the whole season)

molitor

alomar

3 Likes
Adrian Street -
TeamEvilBadGuys - 
Adrian Street -
SecondBase - 
Adrian Street - 

The 5 man rotation. The only one with a chance would be Ford. Mel Stottlemeyre can be the pitching coach

5 man, yup. You had 7 so I took a swing at the bottom 3!

TeamEvilBadGuys -
Adrian Street -
TeamEvilBadGuys - 
Adrian Street -
SecondBase - 
Adrian Street - 

5 man, yup. You had 7 so I took a swing at the bottom 3!

Still got them holes in the lineup...

I hate the bastards, but I've got a feeling the Yankees could put a team together that would mop up.

YANKEES

Pitchers: Whitey Ford, Andy Pettitte, Ron Guidry, Red Ruffing, Lefty Gomez, Waite Hoyt, Mel Stottlemyre, Mariano Rivera, Dave Righetti, Goose Gossage, Sparky Lyle

Starters:
C: Yogi Berra
1B: Lou Gehrig
2B: Tony Lazzeri
3B: Alex Rodriguez
SS: Derek Jeter
LF: Mickey Mantle
CF: Joe DiMaggio
RF: Babe Ruth
DH: Reggie Jackson

1 Like

Hank and Eddie Mathews would be in the lineup with the 2 teams, but other than Whitey, not a single Yankee starter would make the 5 man rotation.