The Bruce Buffer elevator fight story

Just got FP to watch old TUF and I came across the Bruce Buffer Doc. 

Hearing the story of Him and Frank Trigg fighting in the elevator had me and my wife fucking dying laughing!!!  This is probably old old news but holy shit was it funny.  

recap: Steven Quadros round house kicked Jo Rogan in his face, causing Rogan to be Knocked Out cold. Rogan’s face hit a urinal on the way down, causing urine to get in his lip and mouth.

1 Like

Does anyone actually believe Buffer? The only way he “fucked” up Trigg would be if Trigg didn’t fight back because he didn’t want to hurt Bruce and Bruce took advantage of that.

Ministry of Truth - Does anyone actually believe Buffer? The only way he "fucked" up Trigg would be if Trigg didn't fight back because he didn't want to hurt Bruce and Bruce took advantage of that.

I do. Only because knowing Trigg, he would have been cocky and not expected it to be hit. Buffer at least knows how to strike which is what makes it believable

I always thought the story was suspect.  I bet Bruce can fight, but Trigg was a top UFC fighter in his prime at the time.

1 Like
Ministry of Truth - Does anyone actually believe Buffer? The only way he "fucked" up Trigg would be if Trigg didn't fight back because he didn't want to hurt Bruce and Bruce took advantage of that.

I don’t, at all.... pretty sure I heard before it was just shoving n not a fight at all 

If it was just Bruce telling the story I might call foul but with Trigg and Dana essentially backing it up and even giving props I gotta give some optimism to Bruce.  

1 Like

This wasn’t a squared off mma fight.

It was a brief tussle in an elevator.

Probably lots of clothes grabbing and immediate separation by the bystanders.

Street (or elevator) <> MMA Match

Why? First strike potential, surprise, intimidation through social status, geometry of the space you’re in, asymmetric starting positions, unequal incentives. I could go on.

I believe it

The Buff was into martial arts as a kid, I believe. Seem to remember him saying in his book that he competed. Could be wrong. 

Only way I'd believe the story is if there were video of it. Frank would smash him to pieces drunk and with one arm tied behind his back. Love or hate Frank, he was a legit monster.

Fabes -

Only way I'd believe the story is if there were video of it. Frank would smash him to pieces drunk and with one arm tied behind his back. Love or hate Frank, he was a legit monster.

The doc has Trigg in it.. backing it all up. Saying he didn’t expect to get hit back. Dana also on tape saying the same shit. This isn’t just some Buffer nonsense.

Choked72 - Street (or elevator) <> MMA Match

Why? First strike potential, surprise, intimidation through social status, geometry of the space you’re in, asymmetric starting positions, unequal incentives. I could go on.

I believe it

You forgot chemistry, biology, English, writing, and PE.

1 Like
NFABeeJay - 

If it was just Bruce telling the story I might call foul but with Trigg and Dana essentially backing it up and even giving props I gotta give some optimism to Bruce.  

Trigg said it was all true?

Damn, Bruce!

Buffer ain’t no bitch

Bruce don’t fuck around in Elevators. The guy’s undefeated in the squared rising circle. 

5 Likes
danybayamon23 -
Choked72 - Street (or elevator) <> MMA Match

I believe it

You forgot chemistry, biology, English, writing, and PE.

No. I did say that I could go on…

2 Likes

Bruce Buffer is not a small man.

Dugs95 - 

I don’t, at all.... pretty sure I heard before it was just shoving n not a fight at all 

LOL! Does anybody really believe the Liberaci of ring announcing beat down a guy who’s been in battles with GSP and Hughes? GTFO! lol

1 Like