the case for Crossfit workouts

I think MMA fighters don't like it because it does burn you out (When you are not used to training within Crossfit protocals". If you Crossfit prior to sparring you will not be as strong or quick, which in turn will will hinder your performance. Fighter I know want to be on all the time so as not to get beat down while sparring (EGO). If they would just learn to accept getting beat up a little in training and fight behind the power curve for a couple of weeks they will see the results.

I am not a fighter but I train with alot of the TUF guys, this is just what I have seen and been told.

I think if your ego can handle it, to fight at a weeker state for 3 or 4 weeks would be a good thing, and then as you start to taper off what will the results be then?

Anyone who knows me knows that I am rarely confrontational on the forums. I do my best to be honest and polite as well as balanced in my responses.

This does not mean that folks do not put their own spin on what they read. This happens all the time.

For the most part this is the emotional response of the reader.

My intent is not to incite but to stimulate thought.

TAKU

Why did this discussion die? )-:

"if looking like bj penn is what crossfit does, i'll pass."

remember, BJ is also often fighting out of his weight class and deliberately packing on the pounds to try and gain muscle.

if you're stuffing enough calories in your face daily, no amount of any kind of exercise is going to solve that.

BJ Penn and John Hackleman (Chuck's trainer) are fans of Crossfit - Certain (Notable) Unnamed Fighter is opposed to it.

kind of a tossup.

who pulled this old thing up?

Good thread.