The clothing deal is good stfu

Dougie - 

Zuffa taxed the sponsors. If you don't think this is a move to make more money than the sponsor tax brought in then you are kidding yourself.

Yes, you're correct. UFC is investing in the future of its business and the prospects of one day making money off of UFC/Reebok branded mma apparel.

Mik Greg Gote - The sponsor tax killed the sponsors. Befor the sponsor tax, the fighters made in ONE FIGHT what they will make over 2 years of the Reebok deal.
No they didn't. Cite me some that did. Especially not big name guys Phone Post 3.0

Dougie -

Zuffa taxed the sponsors. If you don't think this is a move to make more money than the sponsor tax brought in then you are kidding yourself.

They did that top get rid of sponsors that looked bad. You think the ufc needed the 100k from those couple people that did pay? No. It's a Paywallto keep only blue chip guys. Phone Post 3.0

RyannVonDoom - What happened to you, casehearts? You used to be someone i could trust. Phone Post 3.0
I don't think ufc is trying screw the fighters here but I'm not making assumptions everyone else is. Phone Post 3.0

Mik Greg Gote - The sponsor tax killed the sponsors. Befor the sponsor tax, the fighters made in ONE FIGHT what they will make over 2 years of the Reebok deal.

This post is the UG in a nutshell. Flat out make shit up with pure speculation and pass it off as fact with a healthy dose of indignation. Until we know the x's and o's of the deal vs the traditional way of being sponsored how can anyone say with any real certainty whether it's good or not?

iVaporize - you should get a new phone that allows you to type more before clicking submit post
I can't man its in me now Phone Post 3.0

hendofanforlife - 
MMALOGIC - 
King Of All Tenors - ^^^well now those deals are gone, and Viacom will take notice...Viacom could eat the UFC's lunch for them, check their numbers $$ Phone Post 3.0

my point is if they have good sponsor deals it's because they are ufc fighters not because they are bellator fighters...  so how does becoming a bellator fighter solve the problem?

Probably so you can have 2 million people see your sponsors on cable TV. Something the UFC hasn't had in years.

Hendo has it right, sponsors want exposure, and I could very well see a few mid level ufc fighters not wanting to drop their current deals and jumping ship as soon as they can... mid level fighters that bellator could use.. and with all bellator events not being behind a 60 dollar paywall, and being on a casual go to channel. something tells me sponsors wont be bitching about being broadcasted on spike tv.

MMALOGIC -
King Of All Tenors - You'll see fighters jump to Bellator and other promotions because some of them have good deals with their clothing sponsors Phone Post 3.0

they have good deals because they're in the UFC not because they're in Bellator.

Hahahahahaha yea okay keep holding onto that thought Phone Post 3.0

Dreville79 - Fighters seem happy with it. UG complains. No surprise here Phone Post 3.0
. Phone Post 3.0

"Probably so you can have 2 million people see your sponsors on cable TV. Something the UFC hasn't had in years."

SHOTS FIRED.

Phil999 -
Dreville79 - Fighters seem happy with it. UG complains. No surprise here Phone Post 3.0

lol they know what will happen if they are not "happy" with it.
What does that even mean? You think if a fighter said they weren't happy they'd be cut? You think Zuffa owns a fighters opinion? This isn't 1984 dude and Big Brother isn't watching the fighters, they're happy because they'll be getting paid more. Will it benefit Zuffa too? Of course it fucking will, as a business it should do or there would be no sense to it.

Every fucker on here complains about fighter pay, now they get a deal where they'll earn significantly more, everyone fucking moans again. Because 95% of people on here are just fucking internet trolls and not MMA fans in the slightest.

The only thing Zuffa need to do is cut the roster, because guys outside the top 15 number 80 in some divisions right now. In my opinion they need to work towards signing as many of the top 40 fighters in each division as possible so they can make tier 5 16-25 ranked and make a tier 6 for 26-40. Standard 40 fighters in each division and the tier system would be much more effective Phone Post 3.0

Madrugadao - Thank God someone made a thread about this...

This is going round and round in circles but it is pretty simple.

None of us know the numbers, so do not know who wins loses etc but for some, the mere fact that Zuffa has total control of another chunk of the money in MMA (particularly one directly relating to already underpaid fighters) is disturbing.

If this does not bother you fine but stop trying to frame the argument as if the only complaint is about imaginary numbers.
If the minimum payment is equal to that of what sponsors were giving out then yes the only issue is numbers. Ziffa controlling is no issue. EVERY OTHER SPORTS LEAGUE is like this. Phone Post 3.0

"What does that even mean? You think if a fighter said they weren't happy they'd be cut? You think Zuffa owns a fighters opinion?"

Remember when Fitch was of the opinion that he shouldn't have to sign over his lifetime likeness rights for pennies? Remember how he got fired for it, you idiot?

Glovegate - "What does that even mean? You think if a fighter said they weren't happy they'd be cut? You think Zuffa owns a fighters opinion?"

Remember when Fitch was of the opinion that he shouldn't have to sign over his lifetime likeness rights for pennies? Remember how he got fired for it, you idiot?
Did Okami and Shields put up the same argument? Is that why got cut? No it's because them and Fitch are lay n prayers. And I love a dominant Edgar/Davis style lay n pray clinic. Fucking moron. Unless you work for Zuffa you have no fucking clue why anyone gets cut more than anyone else here Phone Post 3.0

OP acts like he knows what he talks about. You dont. Phone Post 3.0

caseharts -
RyannVonDoom - What happened to you, casehearts? You used to be someone i could trust. Phone Post 3.0
I don't think ufc is trying screw the fighters here but I'm not making assumptions everyone else is. Phone Post 3.0
Lol@you not making assumptions. Youre a fucking retard. You always have been. Phone Post 3.0

Shiloh - OP acts like he knows what he talks about. You dont. Phone Post 3.0
Don't you get that it's my point that none of us do? I think everyone wants this to be better than the pre sponsor tax zuffa. It probably won't be but it will probably be better than the current state.

I don't know what to expect but bitching about this when in all likelihood at worst it will meet the same payment levels as current fighters are getting it's not bad.

THE ONLY WAY ITS BAD is if they make less this way. But your being snarky so screw you.

If they screw this up I'll jump on the bandwagon hating it. On the surface it has a lot of potential I say let it play out instead of insta bitching. Phone Post 3.0

Shiloh -
caseharts -
Lol@you not making assumptions. Youre a fucking retard. You always have been. Phone Post 3.0
I'm assuming that they aren't terrible people. I'm giving the uniforms a chance. Everyone else is assuming without any base that fighters are getting screwed. I don't see how butt fuck off. You're just insulting people. You have no substance to an argument you don't even have one. Phone Post 3.0

hendofanforlife - 
MMALOGIC - 
King Of All Tenors - ^^^well now those deals are gone, and Viacom will take notice...Viacom could eat the UFC's lunch for them, check their numbers $$ Phone Post 3.0

my point is if they have good sponsor deals it's because they are ufc fighters not because they are bellator fighters...  so how does becoming a bellator fighter solve the problem?

Probably so you can have 2 million people see your sponsors on cable TV. Something the UFC hasn't had in years.

go ask bellator fighters how that sponsorship thing is working out for them...

And they dont even have a sponsor tax to worry about.

too soon to tell if it's a good deal or not, op is ignorant Phone Post 3.0