The Dark Tower trailer drops tomorrow

Noice

How pissed will white guys be?

The Maestro -

Good job, Maestro. Let's turn this into a race debate thread, fucking troll.

The Maestro -

I'm just pissed that the teaser trailer looked like a steaming turd and it has nothing to do with Roland's ethnicity. 

Heddshot - 
The Maestro -

The OG is sick and tired of cultural appropriation!

Trailer looks decent to me, i'm expecting the worst. Idras is fucking awesome, not sure why they chose a black dude considering Odetta or whatever the black woman's name is. But we'll see I guess.

i have a lot of conflicting thoughts.

Roland... black... my brain is full of fuck. Elba is a great actor but shit that changes so much of the character tension

Heddshot - 
The Maestro -

Care to respond below you idiot?

"Trailer looks decent to me, i'm expecting the worst. Idras is fucking awesome, not sure why they chose a black dude considering Odetta or whatever the black woman's name is. But we'll see I guess.

i have a lot of conflicting thoughts."

"Roland... black... my brain is full of fuck. Elba is a great actor but shit that changes so much of the character tension"

Its a different adaptation with no Eddie Dean or Susannah Dean so Roland being black should be no problem in the story.

The Maestro -
Heddshot - 
The Maestro -

"Trailer looks decent to me, i'm expecting the worst. Idras is fucking awesome, not sure why they chose a black dude considering Odetta or whatever the black woman's name is. But we'll see I guess.

"Roland... black... my brain is full of fuck. Elba is a great actor but shit that changes so much of the character tension"

Everything they said is valid. Having a black Roland changes a lot of the racial dynamics of the books. No ones saying " fucking black man taking a white mans role". The casting literally impacts the story arc of the books. 

Heddshot -
The Maestro -
Heddshot - 
The Maestro -

Everything they said is valid. Having a black Roland changes a lot of the racial dynamics of the books. No ones saying " fucking black man taking a white mans role". The casting literally impacts the story arc of the books. 

Shut up you Honkey mahfah!!!!!

My big concern is some of the early press sounded like they were making the movie more about Jake than about Roland. Which would suck.

Misleading.  He looks nothing like a tower

DiazTappedMeLuckyCharms - Its a different adaptation with no Eddie Dean or Susannah Dean so Roland being black should be no problem in the story.

Wait. What? Fucking hot garbage. I've been avoiding reading up on it since I saw Idras cast as Roland but no Eddie or Susanna? Hard pass.... I mean I'll probably see it but it ain't gonna be no dark Stephen King story if they aren't even covering the drawing of the 3

DiazTappedMeLuckyCharms - Its a different adaptation with no Eddie Dean or Susannah Dean so Roland being black should be no problem in the story.

I've read all the books and, honestly, I'm OK with this.

We don't have to go back in the timeline, but let's get back to MiB v. Roland (no sidekicks). 

I will miss Eddie but Susannah is a very dated character. Hopefully they streamline all the mess that goes on in the later books (Although the ending is pretty sweet).

This movie is a continuation of the books. Apparently its after he gets pulled through the door at the top of the tower and finally has the Horn of Eld

WHERE'S WALLACE!?!? C'MON STRING, WHERE'S WALLACE?

This looks like shit. Mconnehy should have been Roland. how fucking lame