The Departed or Gangs Of New York?

The Departed, Leo was absolutely on point. Phone Post 3.0

I loved his role in The Deported. All those landscaping companies he put out of business.

Gangs of New York - Leo with DD Lewis is tuff to beat

Gangs. DDL is a God amoungst men. Phone Post 3.0

Hmm.

The Departed was a more cohesive film and a much better performance by Leo as well as a better overall cast.

That being said, Bill the Butcher is an all time great character and his portrayal by DDL was nothing short of captivating.

I guess if I had to put one on right now it would be the Departed.

Good question. Phone Post 3.0

MMAhaiku - Gangs. DDL is a God amoungst men. Phone Post 3.0
Watch "There Will Be Blood"....ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE Phone Post 3.0

Dead Rabbits

I don't know what's worse, bad Irish accents or terrible Boston accents...

...let me think about it Phone Post 3.0

Departed was a much more accessible watch. A great story with excellent pacing.

Gangs of New York is quite an ordeal to get through. Phone Post 3.0

Gangs of New York all day. FOAT. Phone Post 3.0

GONY Phone Post 3.0

Letsputasmileonthatface -
And My Left Foot. Phone Post 3.0

Letsputasmileonthatface -
Thanks for the suggestion! Phone Post 3.0

Gangs of new york cause of DDL, that man made that mediocre movie pretty incredible

Departed. DDL is awesome and Gangs could have been a better flick but Leo was miscast as was Cameron Diaz. The script also needed help. Phone Post 3.0

Why not both?! Phone Post 3.0

Gangs Phone Post 3.0

Departed is great but Gangs is epic. Phone Post 3.0

MickColins - Departed. DDL is awesome and Gangs could have been a better flick but Leo was miscast as was Cameron Diaz. The script also needed help. Phone Post 3.0

Agree about Diaz but for DiCaprio it was his first box office hit in over a decade. It was said that Robert De Niro suggested DiCaprio for the role

"Harvey Weinstein would later exaggerate the “courting” process, but Day-Lewis really did take his time in deciding to take the role.

While visiting New York to discuss it with Scorsese (whom he’d worked with on The Age of Innocence), Day-Lewis also met with DiCaprio. The two had a heart-to-heart on a bench in Central Park, and later had dinner with DiCaprio’s friend Tobey Maguire. According to DiCaprio, the future Spider-Man told Day-Lewis, “Y’know, when somebody has a talent like yours, it’s almost their responsibility to do it, to get back in the saddle.”