The Dolphins Retarded?

They had Quinn at 9 and passed on him. Big mistake imo.

It wouldn't have been a big deal if they would've traded out of the spot but taking Ted Ginn over a potential franchise qb is a tough call to make at the ninth pick.

Yeah. I'm not to sure about the Texans taking Okoye. I figured they might try to take someone for the O-line.

I thought Steve Young was going to slap someone.

Ginn was projected as low as 28, good for Trent!

Okoye was far and away the better pick over anyone the Texans would've taken at 10. Staley would be a reach and Kalil would be too high for a C imo even though I really like him. Okoye at 10 is an excellent pick, much better than Ginn at 9.

Remember....we don't talk to these players...we dont watch film like the scouts/coaches do...and we dont know as much as these people do that do scouting & coaching for a living.

All we do is listen to what others say about the draft. Cameron and his staff have been doing this for years...for a living. Cameron talked to the guy, had him go over offensive schemes and has seen countless of film of him and seen him live in action. We havent done anything close to that.

Oh well. Either way I'll be rooting for the Phins and the Texans.

It does seem a strange decision by Miami, to say the least.

That was just shocking. I didn't think there was any way Quinn would fall out of the top ten. Maybe that speaks to how teams really felt about him, although I had read so many glowing scouting reports on him in the last few weeks.

He got Aaron-Rodgered. But look at where Aaron Rodgers is now. From the looks of it, GB is not sold on him at all, or else they wouldn't have been so hard-up to get Favre to come back.

To take Ginn over Quinn reflects a gaping absence of faith in Quinn's abilities.

"It does seem a strange decision by Miami, to say the least."

People were knocking the Bears for taking Devin Hester in the second round. If Ginn plays well, they are geniuses, if he doesn't then they're dunces.

Spending the ninth overall pick on a kick returner is sketchy even if he does turn out like hester. Now maybe Ginn will be a great reciever too, but I'm really suprised they took him.

Quinn may have the chance in the coming years to prove how wrong they were.

He is not ONLY a punt returner lol...you guys obviously do not watch ANY football. The guy was a starting receiver who burned several corners who were drafted in the first couple of rounds.

Look at his youtube videos.

Quinn was not taken for a reason. Do you REALLY think that these guys who coach & scout for a living...who watched countless of film of the guy...who worked him out several times....who gave him offensive to break down & defensive schemes to figure out would not pick him if he was THAT good??? The Dolphins quarterback coach was hired by Quinn to work him out before the his NFL workouts so obviously he saw things about Quinn that he did not like. Use your heads!

I didn't say he was "only" a punt returner. I was responding to the post that compared him to Devin Hester.

"Quinn was not taken for a reason. Do you REALLY think that these guys who coach & scout for a living...who watched countless of film of the guy...who worked him out several times....who gave him offensive to break down & defensive schemes to figure out would not pick him if he was THAT good??? The Dolphins quarterback coach was hired by Quinn to work him out before the his NFL workouts so obviously he saw things about Quinn that he did not like. Use your heads!"

Mimi is correct, we should never criticize anyone's draft choices, ever, because they've scouted more than we have.

Absolutely they have scouted more than we have. For one we are fans & two we do not know about football anything near what they do nor do we know how to scout players nor have access to film.

You did by the way say the Fins spent the 9th pick on a kick returner "Spending the ninth overall pick on a kick returner is sketchy".

fo sho

"You did by the way say the Fins spent the 9th pick on a kick returner "Spending the ninth overall pick on a kick returner is sketchy"."

He IS a kick returner. You said I said he was "only" a kick returner, which I didn't.

Of course they've scouted more than we have. But if we go by your reasoning we can never voice an opinion about anyone's draft choice.

Cameron was loudly booed by Miami fans and if they don't get Trent, then rightfully so.

"For one we are fans & two we do not know about football anything near what they do nor do we know how to scout players nor have access to film."

1 Being a fan doesn't prevent anyone from having a high football IQ

2 Appealing to the authority of NFL general managers doesn't work here for several reasons. They can be fired if they make poor decisions and are not considered infallable.

3 Scouting isn't some top secret process. Even if it were, anyone can find scouting reports online. Some here also have access to a Tivo or maybe watch a lot of football.

By the way, I'm not saying the Dolphins made a bad choice with Ted Ginn. I had him going in the top 10 in my mock draft because he is a game changer who has the ability to go for six every time he touches the football. I've seen every game he's played at Ohio State, as well as all of Brady Quinn's big games at Notre Dame.