The Drama Dial on the UG has Officially Hit 11

Holy fuck, get over this shit. Calling for Dana's resignation and posting ten threads about how you're going to torrent all of the UFC's pay per views isn't going to bring Torres back.

A fringe top ten fighter gets canned by his EMPLOYER for saying a tasteless joke on his public twitter account (which is clearly associated with his MMA career and his self-promotion as a fighter) that had zero context (we don't all watch Workaholics and laugh at every Chael Sonnen joke) amid one of the biggest rape scandals in recent memory and at a time when the company that he represents is struggling to shed an image of immaturity and barbarism in order to break into the mainstream.

It sucks Torres lost his job, and it's definitely hypocritical that Dana lets Forrest and Rogan off for saying equally insensitive things, but it was a business decision that had to be made and it was Dana and Zuffa's right to do it.

This is not a free speech issue you armchair constitutional scholars. Get the fuck over yourselves, go for a walk, have a drink, and go about your business.

0/10

Why would you make another fucking thread about it? Another reason 11ers should not be able to make threads.

You sound pretty pissed off.

Perhaps you should take a walk, get some air maybe. Phone Post

AndersonSilvasMoney - Holy fuck, get over this shit. Calling for Dana's resignation and posting ten threads about how you're going to torrent all of the UFC's pay per views isn't going to bring Torres back.

A fringe top ten fighter gets canned by his EMPLOYER for saying a tasteless joke on his public twitter account (which is clearly associated with his MMA career and his self-promotion as a fighter) that had zero context (we don't all watch Workaholics and laugh at every Chael Sonnen joke) amid one of the biggest rape scandals in recent memory and at a time when the company that he represents is struggling to shed an image of immaturity and barbarism in order to break into the mainstream.

It sucks Torres lost his job, and it's definitely hypocritical that Dana lets Forrest and Rogan off for saying equally insensitive things, but it was a business decision that had to be made and it was Dana and Zuffa's right to do it.

This is not a free speech issue you armchair constitutional scholars. Get the fuck over yourselves, go for a walk, have a drink, and go about your business.

+1 bunch of shit threads all day Phone Post

Shouldn't it be 'AndersonSilvaMoney' instead of 'AndersonSilvasMoney'?

ImGladUmad -
Offended?

Yes, by the sheer number of cry-babies on this forum.

nobones - 
AndersonSilvasMoney - Holy fuck, get over this shit. Calling for Dana's resignation and posting ten threads about how you're going to torrent all of the UFC's pay per views isn't going to bring Torres back.

This is not a free speech issue you armchair constitutional scholars. Get the fuck over yourselves, go for a walk, have a drink, and go about your business.<br type="_moz" />
People say I'm a big UFC shill, etc. all the time on here.  Well I will say that for the past few years the UFC hasn't needed Dana White.  He's a great promotional head and celebrity, but for day-to-day operations he simply isn't necessary.  He's got more experience than anyone, but he is making bone headed decisions all the time.  He keeps Junie Browning after Browning puts his own castmates in danger of getting injured, but then cuts someone over a stupid quote from a show that airs on the network of his partner?  "Almost Sunny In Philadelphia" is a well rated, edgy sitcom that airs on FX.  If Fox is ok with this kind of a joke, then why isn't Dana?  The truth is he's getting old.  Old and stuck in his ways and more stubborn than ever.  Refuses to admit when he's wrong and insists he is always right ("I always say...").  It's this same dogheaded stubbornnes that enabled Zuffa to push through the bad times, but today he is not needed.  PPV sales are down big time, the UFC is stretched super thin running too many cards trying to appeal to everyone all over the world, and they got Scott Coker in the back doing shit.  If Dana left today...who cares?  The UFC will go on the same without him and you don't have boneheaded moves like cutting Jon Fitch for no good reason (something that Lorenzo himself had to undo) or cutting Miguel Torres for quoting a tv show.  Dana didn't bother to ask Miguel about it or why he tweeted that he just cut him.  Get this guy a vacation and get him laid or something.  He's making bonehead decisions on the regular and getting his bonehead decisions covered up by his partners and employees.

It's completely fair to discuss the extent to which Dana benefits the UFC, and I'll readily admit the hypocrisy and questionable judgement in some of his decision. Personally, I think Dana does a lot more than most people realize and has worked tirelessly to build up this sport, but that really isn't the point.

On THIS issue he was right for all of the reasons I stated above. I don't buy the argument that he was quoting, so it was okay.

If the quote had looked like this:

"Rape is awesome!" - Workaholics/Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Then, sure, it's clear it's not his own opinion. When you just put something like that out on twitter with absolutely no context, people like Dana have to do damage control because the bunch of people who see it before the clarification suddenly think a UFC fighter is promoting/making light of rape.

From a business standpoint, this makes perfect sense, even if it sucks for Torres and is completely hypocritical on the part of Zuffa.

nobones -
AndersonSilvasMoney - Holy fuck, get over this shit. Calling for Dana's resignation and posting ten threads about how you're going to torrent all of the UFC's pay per views isn't going to bring Torres back.

People say I'm a big UFC shill, etc. all the time on here.  Well I will say that for the past few years the UFC hasn't needed Dana White.  He's a great promotional head and celebrity, but for day-to-day operations he simply isn't necessary.  He's got more experience than anyone, but he is making bone headed decisions all the time.  He keeps Junie Browning after Browning puts his own castmates in danger of getting injured, but then cuts someone over a stupid quote from a show that airs on the network of his partner?  "Almost Sunny In Philadelphia" is a well rated, edgy sitcom that airs on FX.  If Fox is ok with this kind of a joke, then why isn't Dana?  The truth is he's getting old.  Old and stuck in his ways and more stubborn than ever.  Refuses to admit when he's wrong and insists he is always right ("I always say...").  It's this same dogheaded stubbornnes that enabled Zuffa to push through the bad times, but today he is not needed.  PPV sales are down big time, the UFC is stretched super thin running too many cards trying to appeal to everyone all over the world, and they got Scott Coker in the back doing shit.  If Dana left today...who cares?  The UFC will go on the same without him and you don't have boneheaded moves like cutting Jon Fitch for no good reason (something that Lorenzo himself had to undo) or cutting Miguel Torres for quoting a tv show.  Dana didn't bother to ask Miguel about it or why he tweeted that he just cut him.  Get this guy a vacation and get him laid or something.  He's making bonehead decisions on the regular and getting his bonehead decisions covered up by his partners and employees.

I agree in part with what you say. The funny thing is that pointing out mistakes of the past to justify letting them slide now shows people don't grasp learning from mistakes.

Dana let things slide before and people complain. Dana doesn't let things slide and people complain.

It really just proves one of two points.

1 people just like to complain.
2 people like to complain about Dana (haters going to hate)

It's really all it is. 1 or both. Phone Post

^

Hey genius, I think you forgot the part about being CONSISTENT.

"Hey genius, I think you forgot the part about being CONSISTENT"

This

lockon - ^

Not arguing with this and fully agree.

lockon - ^

Who me? Phone Post

Chill out guys, he said fringe top-10 so he's obviously trolling.

Zamiel - Chill out guys, he said fringe top-10 so he's obviously trolling.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/12/1/2603639/usa-today-mma-nation-november-2011-consensus-rankings-bantamweight