The east makes me SICK

Please contract that shit.

Or realign and make it like the NFC and AFC like some people propose.

They are so AWFUL

The Cavs are the second team the Spurs have swept in the last 8 seasons?

the other? Memphis, who has never won a playoff game.
That's how bad the east is.

It really sucks for b-ball fans because some very good teams in the west won't even make the playoffs. And with Odom and Durant going to western teams . . . lol, it's going to be a brutal slog just to make to the top 8 seeds. Golden State and Denver would smoke every east team.

Hell, the Cavs beat 2 teams in the playoffs that didn't even have winning records in the Nets and the Wizards!

WTF!

Hey eastern conference, go to hell!

Wow dude, you should be sippin Cider happy as hell. Hold the 'Goto Hell" remarks at least until tomorrow! lol

the East won last year, Detroit won fairly recently as well...and took San Antonio to 7 games on a different occasion.

I mean, if Dallas had been able to win, then maybe you'd have a point...but in the 90s, the East also did well...(heck, you had Celtics, Pistons, Bulls, Pistons, Heat...other than Lakers and San Antonio, when has the West won when it really mattered?)

my problem is the conference as a whole.

There were great match-ups and series in the west, GS/Dallas, SA/Den, Utah/Houston, PHX/Kobe, SA/PHX, even Utah/GS was fun.

The east playoffs however sucked. The Nets? The Magic? All the other teams?

lol

And the Hornets, Clippers, Blazers, and Sonics will be knocking at the door in the west next year.

The only surefire crap team would be the Kings and maybe T-Wolves.

it's true, it's true.

A phrenological study of my cranium indicates a predisposition to being a douche.

The man speaks the truth. The east has about one or two teams that would even make the playoffs if they were moved to the west. That's sad, especially when you consider that there is little to indicate it's going to change anytime soon.

I really like the idea of dumping conferences in the playoffs and just going with the top 16 teams in the regular season by record, and reseed after each series. That way you KNOW the best two teams are in the finals.

The Spurs and Suns wouldve made a much better NBA Finals than the joke that was on instead.

WOW!! Sothy from outta nowhere to make a solid point.

The East has won twice since Jordan retired. TWICE!!!! I'd rather see the sixteen best teams go to the finals.

The Mavericks were in the finals last season, kanatoa. Not before beating San Antonio and Phoenix in the playoffs though.

In honestly the only reason the Mavericks didnt win a title last year is BECAUSE they had to go through SA and Phx.

Miami had no such route.

No it's not. They were 2 wins away from a title and you think the games just took a toll? I think they choked.

Further proved by their only winning 2 games in the first round this year.

The only problem with dumping confernces for the playoffs is that the east teams primarily play east teams, and the west primarily play west during the regular season.

If you are a decent team overall, and are in the east, it would be a lot easier to rack up 50-55 wins then it would be for a team that is as good as them but in the west.

Oh the Mavs are excellent at choking, Im just saying the heat were not the better team in the finals.

"If you are a decent team overall, and are in the east, it would be a lot easier to rack up 50-55 wins then it would be for a team that is as good as them but in the west. "

Then why dont they? Detroit was the only team to do it this season and that is usually the case, one or two decent reg season teams and a bunch of shit in the playoffs.

"Oh the Mavs are excellent at choking, Im just saying the heat were not the better team in the finals."

That is what makes it so pathetic. The Heat have to be one of the weakest championship teams EVA. Which is kind of sad when you consider how epic last years playoffs were.

Epic because Dallas ran through San Antonio?

I'm a die-hard Spurs fans but one of the most exciting series I ever saw was last year's Mavs/Spurs even though my team lose. It HURT bad when we lost. Every game was so emotional and hard fought.

"Epic because Dallas ran through San Antonio?"

That was one of many stories that made last year so compelling. The Suns coming back from the brink and beating LA. Miami reverse sweeping the Mavs. All of the game sevens we had. It was just as good as a playoffs that Stern could hoped for.

"It HURT bad when we lost. Every game was so emotional and hard fought. "

Sounds familiar.