"The Expanse" - finally caught up on all books

POSSIBLE SPOILERS WARNING -----

I started off watching the show "The Expanse" on the SyFy channel on its first season and was hooked, an amazing show. I then found out about the novels, but didn't start reading them at the time. After season 4, I jumped into the novels and finally have read all 8 books, all of the novellas and am waiting for the final 9th book to be released (I guess this year?).

Amazing series of books that I can finally discuss and not avoid looking up things on the internet because of possible "spoilers" from books that happened after Season 4 of the show.

Amos is one of the most awesome characters I've ever read, lol.

I’m not caught up on the show at all but the book series is great. 

Amos is by far my favorite character. Whatever book it was that he was back on earth was probably my favorite. It was just a great book and he did so much awesome shit. 

Thwyve been taking their time on the last book, I think it was originally supposed to come out last March, like 16 months ago. 

Wait, did the last season come out? When?

Season 4 came out on Amazon Prime December 2019.

Looks like Season 5 is done with filming, but no release date yet:

Reddit updates on Book 9:

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheExpanse/comments/eq0hkk/whats_going_on_with_book_9/

Ty mentioned the release of book 9 as one of his expected achievements for 2020, so it's very unlikely to be in 2021.

Mid-fall, Ty and Dan mentioned it was progressing well, but that they were taking a bit more their time to make sure it has a smooth landing and it's all they want it to be.

There is another novella that's currently planned to come out ahead of book 9, so probably the usual 3-4 months before the novel. I think they mean to write it during the editing cycle for the novel.

They already have a title, and seen some art, but Orbit is holding them back, and Ty/Dan aren't allowed to reveal either until they say so.

At this stage, I would wager on a late spring to summer release for the novella, and a fall release for the novel.

I would not be surprised that Orbit is a bit more conservative about this one, because last year they dropped the ball and though Dan/Ty delivered on time on their end Orbit ran into an editing bottleneck, with the decision to postpone the release of the novel for a few months (it was the authors's choice, they didn't want to forego the editing cycle) and the novella planned for before TW ended up published only late in 2019. So maybe this year they're waiting on having a manuscript in hands and a firm release date to be set before making that information public.

I only read one of the novellas .... the one with Bobby on mars. I fucking hated it. 

It was 100 pages or whatever to learn what we already knew, bobby is a bad ass. I didn’t even bother with any others, it was annoying and provided little value. 

Definitely read "The Churn" it's the novella when Amos still lived in Baltimore.

Before his trip to the stars, and before the Rocinante, Amos Burton was confined to Baltimore, where crime paid you or killed you, unless the authorities got to you first.

The story for The Churn is entirely Earth based and provides a description of what the average life in a crowded, metropolitan city is like in the world of the Expanse. The city of Baltimore has given way to a multitude of crime bosses, and organized black markets. There are multiple bosses who each keep a "family" of personal guards that operate the smuggling of goods, illegal memory implants, weapons smuggling, cybernetic implants, and other illegal goods and services. The story takes place over the course of about two days.

The main characters in The Churn are all members (of varying degrees) of the crime world.

I only read 2 of the novellas, everything else I listened to audio books, so it's pretty easy for me to get into them.

I love good sci fi and especially episodic sci fi.  

I dont know what it is about The Expanse but I just can't get into it.  I'm on Episode 7 of the first season and the story and the characters just bore the shit out of me.  I tapped out after that.

Soup and Beer - 

I love good sci fi and especially episodic sci fi.  

I dont know what it is about The Expanse but I just can't get into it.  I'm on Episode 7 of the first season and the story and the characters just bore the shit out of me.  I tapped out after that.

Each Season got better and better, but if it's not your thing, I totally get it.