"The Expanse" on SciFi channel; any good?

Thread title says it all. Looking for a new show and I keep seeing previews for this show which have got me intrigued. Anyone watch this? If so, what are your thoughts?

If you've read the books it's a must see.

It's good.

Semi cheesy in the way it's done ... like kind of cheep.  Not syfy channel cheap but not HBO quality.  I started watching it and couldn't stop. 

The source material, Leviathon Awakes, is good reading.  Season 1 of the show covers about 75% of the first book.  I'm 1/3 through the second book and it's pretty interesting so far.  I think they're on book 6 of a 9 book series.

I think you'll like it even if you haven't read the books. It's both political, action packed and something of a detective story.

I liked it. It's fairly well done, and the world it exists in, where humans have settled Mars and the asteroid belt, but have 3 different competing/hostile govt. seems quite realistic.

if you are looking for your next show this is probably it, lots of good source material so the writers cant really mess it up .  syfy seems to know what they have in it so the budget while not being hbo quality is pretty damn good.

judging by the previews and hype this new season is getting , syfy seems to be pushing this  pretty strongly

read all the books and i hope the tv show keeps going as some wild ass shit happens later on

I liked it and looking forward to the next season. I don't always like the cheap scfy stuff but this was good.

^ like they said, books are great, show is pretty good, better than a lot of crap out there.

Good series, great books but Babylons Ashes was a let down for me

I've watched the entire first season and the first two episodes of this season and to me this show is just meh.  I'd give it a 6 out of 10 and that is being generous.  I'm sure that I'm in the minority, but this show doesn't do it for me.

It's on the fucking Sci-Fi Channel. I think that's all you need to know.