The favela that made Jose Aldo - 5 DAYS LEFT!

The stronghold of the Red Command drug cartel (The largest faction in Brazil) the favela was famously accused of being the largest distribution point for crack cocaine in the whole of Rio.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/hill-of-champions/x/7832530

Marlon Sandro started a social project there to save kids and keep them out of the drug gangs - this social project was the place that gave rise to Jose Aldo as you know him today, Eduardo Dantas (former Bellator champ), Hacran Dias and many others. The project has saved many young lives and continues to do so. Jose Aldo talks about his time in the favela here:

I am hoping that some of you might want to be a part of MMA history by grabbing yourself an EXCLUSIVE hoodie and contributing to the crowdfund for a film about the social project.

The hoodie shows the Christ the Reemder statue towering above the favela, the black belt represents the fighting spirit of the community.

You can win a MSI gaming laptop worth $2000 +. You can also potentially win a trip to Rio to meet Jose Aldo - there are loads of other PERKS and all contributions help us to make our film AND directly contribute to the social project itself.

For every success there has unfortunately been equal heartache and many kids have lost their lives to the violence of the drug gangs and military/police incursions.

We are surrounded by negativity; the news shows us this problem and that problem and fills us daily with a sense of dread and fear. Hill of Champions is a story that demonstrates perfectly; even in a world filled with turmoil the base human spirit is one of positivity and giving. What the fighters of Santo Amaro represent to their community to the children who attend their social project and to other communities like theirs resonates equally with all of us. They represent hope, they represent strength and struggle and they represent generosity and humility. These guys have risked their lives to save lives. The second vid shows this in motion.

The following vid is the promo that your contributions will help us realize

Please get behind this - you can even have your name in the credits! You can definitely get the DVD with lots of extras that will not be available on the retail disc.

You will be a part of our film - you will be invited to the Premiere with the fighters (provided we have space!) This is the link. Please get behind this - last but not least I just want to thank everyone on here who has already donated - you lot are awesome! Do check the PERKS out we have so much stuff on offer!

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/hill-of-champions/x/7832530

Wish I could contribute right now, but I'm currently unemployed, but I will say, this looks to be very interesting, and I am looking forward to seeing the completed project.

Molsonmuscle360 - 

Wish I could contribute right now, but I'm currently unemployed, but I will say, this looks to be very interesting, and I am looking forward to seeing the completed project.

VTFU - Thank you for the support - if you tweet or share that helps too - you might know someone who can. I know what its like to be strapped for cash trust me! Keep on the grind - something will come your way 

by the way, we now have kids sizes available for hoodies and T'shirts

this looks very cool, you are doing greak work man keep it up if this is all legit

iamarealamerican - 

this looks very cool, you are doing greak work man keep it up if this is all legit

Thank you. 100% legit. Appreciate the support

boa!!!

TTT will contribute when I get home. Phone Post 3.0

theoutsiders - boa!!!

TTT will contribute when I get home. Phone Post 3.0

Obrigado irmão!!!!!!!! !

Boa!!!

In!!! Osssss! Phone Post 3.0

Eu tinha um presentacion no commando vermelho o ano passado Phone Post 3.0