The fishing thread

I feel you there. I made a commitment to myself this fall that I would try to get out on the water for a few nice afternoons.

I feel confident this year. Did more scouting that any year prior. I spent a few hundred hours in the woods last year and so I feel good. But public land whitetail ain’t easy. Especially with a job and family etc.

Hopefully I can have two down by mid October. Spend the next few weeks going after grouse and then rifle hunt deer. Skate right into ice fishing.

I just hope some of this work pays off.

Been an off year. Idk if it’s stress or what. But getting a deer and being able to fish the fall bite will help.

Hitting the St Lawrence in 2 weeks. Should be a riot.

1 Like

He’s 7. It’s his first year fishing.

1 Like

Great time to fish but deer hunting has to take priority. It’s oddly mentally taxing.

I want to do both. But I can’t.
[/quote]

Ain’t that the truth. I absolutely love fishing but I become a different man during deer season. A man possessed.

7 Likes

2 Likes

Congrats man! Genuinely happy for you.

1 Like

Thanks. What a rush

Congrats man!

How long did it take to land?

It was only a few minutes. But an amazing few minutes

1 Like

siiiick fish. A true trophy on a tough lake. fuck yeah!

1 Like

I have an OG meet up tomorrow, if you dont hear from me by end of day, send help…

3 Likes

Did you already establish who is the man or are your plans to let it flow naturally

1 Like

Imho, whoever is driving the boat is the ‘man’.

1 Like

More like OG meat up

1 Like

He’s bigger and better looking, I didnt have much say…

We didnt fish unfortunately. Went for a hike with the dogs and checked out his property. Was amazing.