The fishing thread

iFish you use a stinger when you bass fish? or do you use those hooks in a non stinger application?

BigEyedFish -
iFish - 

Needed some trebles for some of my hard baits. I'm a huge Owner guy, but I wanted to try these vmc hooks. The eye is closed with resin, not as good as welded, but should stop the knot from slipping off.

when I drop shot I use the vmc hooks.  They never let me down.  I dont see a lot of different types because I dont do it often but I never minded them.  

cuzzi, I got the email.  I know some doods who fish the bay pretty seriously.  These guys will take an upper 40s fish out of the net and just right back into the water with no hoist or picture or nothing lol.  Strict WR hunters.  If I can make it up there, Ill come with solid info I think.  I hope lol 

I’ve always like the vmc dropshot hooks too, great landing ratio. So much in fact, i’ve even used them as a wacky senko hook and just ignored the swivel. 

iFish -
In Limbo -
iFish -
In Limbo -
iFish -

Senkos came in today. Love getting fishing stuff in the mail.

how much do you pay for those?

walmarts here charge just a little over 6 usd $ a bag

They are 13.99-14.99 here. I paid $12.00/bag with shipping on those but it was more about getting that colour.

I have a gallon of plastisol coming so i’ll be making a few hundred. Let me know if you need anything at all... senkos, ned rigs or swimbaits. 

will do, thanks

i was actually going to ask if you wanted me to mail you a bunch, even with shipping would be considerably cheaper

but i m not sure Walmart carries more than 3 colors

normally watermelon, pumpkin/ black flake, baby bass, and some of the blues with black flakes type of colors

I appreciate that, thanks. I have 14 bags of that colour plus all the hand pours i’ll be making. I have enough senkos for the season now.

I have a few poppers coming from Karl’ Bait and Tackle, it was only $6.99 shipping. I’ve been looking for a popper with a nice loud “bloop” sound versus just spitting water. The old hula poppers bloop, but the hooks are a pain to change. I found the Googan Squad “Blooper” which i’m hoping does exactly what i’m looking for.

went bank fishing for the first time this weekend using 1 of the whopper ploppers you gave me just for kicks

a stream at the end of a reservoir that completely thawed out 2 weeks ago

one fo the biggest pickerels Ive seen slammed it but was able to spit it out (water was clear enough to see it was close to 3 feet long and fat, like a nice northern pike, pretty big for chain picks around here)

BigEyedFish -

iFish you use a stinger when you bass fish? or do you use those hooks in a non stinger application?

Those vmc hooks are just for flipping. The only time I use a stinger is on a spinnerbait. 

In Limbo -
iFish -
In Limbo -
iFish -
In Limbo -
iFish -

They are 13.99-14.99 here. I paid $12.00/bag with shipping on those but it was more about getting that colour.

I have a gallon of plastisol coming so i’ll be making a few hundred. Let me know if you need anything at all... senkos, ned rigs or swimbaits. 

will do, thanks

i was actually going to ask if you wanted me to mail you a bunch, even with shipping would be considerably cheaper

normally watermelon, pumpkin/ black flake, baby bass, and some of the blues with black flakes type of colors

I appreciate that, thanks. I have 14 bags of that colour plus all the hand pours i’ll be making. I have enough senkos for the season now.

I have a few poppers coming from Karl’ Bait and Tackle, it was only $6.99 shipping. I’ve been looking for a popper with a nice loud “bloop” sound versus just spitting water. The old hula poppers bloop, but the hooks are a pain to change. I found the Googan Squad “Blooper” which i’m hoping does exactly what i’m looking for.

went bank fishing for the first time this weekend using 1 of the whopper ploppers you gave me just for kicks

one fo the biggest pickerels Ive seen slammed it but was able to spit it out (water was clear enough to see it was close to 3 feet long and fat, like a nice northern pike, pretty big for chain picks around here)

That’s awesome man, it’s a heart stopper almost every time. Surprised something would hit a plopper in these cold water temps. Slow roll one of those swimbaits I sent you, guaranteed he’d swallow it. 

BigEyedFish -
iFish - 

Needed some trebles for some of my hard baits. I'm a huge Owner guy, but I wanted to try these vmc hooks. The eye is closed with resin, not as good as welded, but should stop the knot from slipping off.

when I drop shot I use the vmc hooks.  They never let me down.  I dont see a lot of different types because I dont do it often but I never minded them.  

cuzzi, I got the email.  I know some doods who fish the bay pretty seriously.  These guys will take an upper 40s fish out of the net and just right back into the water with no hoist or picture or nothing lol.  Strict WR hunters.  If I can make it up there, Ill come with solid info I think.  I hope lol 

ya buddy let’s do it. I have met a few solid guys that fish that area as well. I will be up that way a lot this year so I’m hoping to dial in some good ground for when and if you can make it. 

iFish -
In Limbo -
iFish -
In Limbo -
iFish -
In Limbo -
iFish -

will do, thanks

That’s awesome man, it’s a heart stopper almost every time. Surprised something would hit a plopper in these cold water temps. Slow roll one of those swimbaits I sent you, guaranteed he’d swallow it. 

threw it next to a couple of fallen trees on the bank and it snatched it up the moment i started reeling

this stream is semi tidal, as its off of a major river that mouths at the atlantic ocean by NYC, also on the other side of a dam to a reservoir that has sun all day long

it's warmed up here over the past 2 weeks with temps in the 60s

not sure if that has anything to do with it

it was def a shocker to me

1 Like
In Limbo -
iFish -
In Limbo -
iFish -
In Limbo -
iFish -
In Limbo -
iFish -

will do, thanks

threw it next to a couple of fallen trees on the bank and it snatched it up the moment i started reeling

this stream is semi tidal, as its off of a major river that mouths at the atlantic ocean by NYC, also on the other side of a dam to a reservoir that has sun all day long

it's warmed up here over the past 2 weeks with temps in the 60s

not sure if that has anything to do with it

it was def a shocker to me

I’ve watched a lot of fishing shows over the years. It always cracks me up watching a north easterner freak out like a school girl when dealing with pickerel. They’re a fun fish, but most people hate them.

Pike dont get the respect they deserve here either. Snot rockets, hammer handles, gators, snakes... You can tell by the names what people think of them.

Most people here are walleye fisherman, although they incorrectly call them pickerel. 

Love getting pike through the ice. Esp on big cold lakes 

got junior put on the water and picked up a few decent bass. getting ready for lake season

2 Likes

another

2 Likes

ugctt_warjimmiller -

another

sick

are you guys in NJ? (based onyour SN)

if so where was this?

1 Like

ugctt_warjimmiller -

got junior put on the water and picked up a few decent bass. getting ready for lake season

Awesome pics man. Is that the same young man from your pics last season? 

Happy looking kid. Cool pics 

Been trout fishing waiting for walleye season to open

1 Like

3 Likes

3 Likes

Look at this fucking guy! Good to see you posting man.

1 Like

Couple of smallheads from the creek down the road

2 Likes

good to see ya iFish, been a long time.

Anyone down in Texas notice how insanely far behind we are with the spawn due to that cold?