The forced indoctrination of American youth.

Unfuckingbelievable.  I'd expect to see something like this in Soviet Russia but in the USA?

Teen suspended after refusing to stand for Pledge of Allegiance

A student at a Texas high school says he was given a two-day in-school suspension for refusing to stand for the Pledge of Allegiance, sparking a debate on social media about whether the school district violated the teen's First Amendment rights. 

Needville High School sophomore Mason Michalec told KHOU.com he refused to stand for the Pledge because of his opposition to government spying.

"I'm really tired of our government taking advantage of us," Michalec said. "I don't agree with the NSA spying on us. And I don't agree with any of those Internet laws."

The 15-year-old has refused to stand for the Pledge for most of the year, but he ran into trouble when a different teacher noticed he was staging a silent protest.

"And she told me, 'This is my classroom. This is the principal's request. You're going to stand,'" Michalec told the station. "And I still didn't stand and she said she was going to write me up."

Michalec said that after he was punished with two days of in-school suspension, the principal warned him that he would face more suspensions if his protest continued.

"I'm angry and frustrated and annoyed that they would try to write me up for something I have the right to do," the teen told KHOU.com.

Some residents in the small town outside of Houston said the school made the right decision.

"The soldiers are out there, they're doing their job and he should stand up," Needville resident Jo Castillo told the station. "You've got a lot of things here that a lot of people don't have, that's respect, that's freedom."

Dean Reese, a war veteran, said the school is sending the wrong message.

"The kid's well-spoken and he's well-informed," Reese said. "It's not like he's ignorant, he's not doing it to make people mad. He's doing it because of his personal beliefs."

School officials declined to comment to KHOU.com on the incident.

You're under 18, kid, you don't have civil liberties yet. Now is the time to learn protocol, learn respect, shut the fuck up and stand the fuck up before you get slapped.

sadic1 - You're under 18, kid, you don't have civil liberties yet. Now is the time to learn protocol, learn respect, shut the fuck up and stand the fuck up before you get slapped.

/Thread

"I'm angry and frustrated and annoyed that they would try to write me up for something I have the right to do," the teen told KHOU.com.

Entitled cunt of a kid

West Virginia State Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943)

The kid doesnt have to stand, and the teacher and the admins of that school should be embarrassed that they dont know this.

Any time I hear someone going on about rights and liberties, I think to myself, "Commie."

tjmitch - West Virginia State Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943)

The kid doesnt have to stand, and the teacher and the admins of that school should be embarrassed that they dont know this.

School administrators, much like politicians, are generally not known for their intelligence or knowledge about.....well.... pretty much anything.   

It would be awesome if whoever suspended him ended up getting sued personally for violating his civil rights. 

A young, developing, critical thinker being given a pass by his parents to start ALL of the critical thinking while he's still in training.

It's like sending in a nursing student to perform triple bypass. 

File:Students pledging allegiance to the American flag with the Bellamy salute.jpg

"You've got a lot of things here that a lot of people don't have, that's respect, that's freedom."

Must be taking an OG definition of freedom.

sadic1 - You're under 18, kid, you don't have civil liberties yet. Now is the time to learn protocol, learn respect, shut the fuck up and stand the fuck up before you get slapped.

Yes comrade!

Fuck off swearing allegiance to a piece of fabric. It does not even make sense.

What's really sad as people think this is ok and the kid is doing something right. He said "he won't stand because he's protesting what our government is doing". The pledge isn't about the fucks running this country it's for the country as a whole and what WE as a country should stand for and the sacrifices people have made to live the life we get to.

Just because something is right doesn't mean it's right.

Hired Gun - What's really sad as people think this is ok and the kid is doing something right. He said "he won't stand because he's protesting what our government is doing". The pledge isn't about the fucks running this country it's for the country as a whole and what WE as a country should stand for and the sacrifices people have made to live the life we get to.

Just because something is right doesn't mean it's right.

Just because you want to have a little nationalistic ritual at the beginning of every day does not mean everyone else wants to.

To each their own.

If you want to swear allegiance to some cloth and a concept do it on your own time.

You don't have kids, do you ai?

I ask because while this instance is indeed a load of bullshit, indoctrination is not at all what's happening in schools today.

What is happening is the pussification of our children, males specifically. Its almost systematic and I swear it comes from having too many women running the schools. Its far worse than political indoctrination... these biches are teaching our young men not to have a damn backbone. Its fucking sickening. Phone Post

This type of thing really highlights who the idiots and the sheep are.

"America, land of the free! NOW OBEY OR ELSE"

Altofsky - You don't have kids, do you ai?

I ask because while this instance is indeed a load of bullshit, indoctrination is not at all what's happening in schools today.

What is happening is the pussification of our children, males specifically. Its almost systematic and I swear it comes from having too many women running the schools. Its far worse than political indoctrination... these biches are teaching our young men not to have a damn backbone. Its fucking sickening. Phone Post

I have also often spoken about the pussification of our youth.  They are not mutually exclusive.  If you want to argue with me, try to at least argue against something I'm actually saying.  

I used to improv my own words in the PLedge as my protest. I pledge allegiance to fags of the united cunts of America , shop at banana republic and fuck bitches man, one nation under dogs , etc Phone Post 3.0

CaliKush - I used to improv my own words in the PLedge as my protest. I pledge allegiance to fags of the united cunts of America , shop at banana republic and fuck bitches man, one nation under dogs , etc Phone Post 3.0

http://cf.chucklesnetwork.com/items/1/3/1/9/2/9/original/what-if-that-never-happened.jpg

I'm against public education by our government in the first place for a lot better reasons than this (some of which Altofsky has mentioned), but what this speaks to for me is how adults have abandoned teaching kids under the guise of giving them freedom and treating them like adults, as if any of that is a good thing. Kids are not adults. Their brains are physically less developed than those of adults. There is a reason you treat kids differently, and that reason is to teach them structured thought and critical thinking, which they can and must apply in their lives LATER. Thus, regardless of the underlying reason or purpose, there is value in learning how to shut the fuck up and do something you don't necessarily agree with. Then, when you are an adult, you can pick and choose yourself which things are which, but you will at least know how to have the discipline it takes to shut the fuck up and assess situations prudently when your adult brain recognizes a situation where doing so is in your best interest. Our culture is creating people who value expressing themselves over learning. You can't learn anything when all you think about is what you want to say and what your rights are. This kid is not some kind of well informed critical thinker. He is getting his opinions from the news media that is being fed to him, and he's using easily accessible headlines to be an attentionwhore. Now is the time to suck it up and learn, and then when you are grown up, you can do whatever you want. As it is now, he is allowed to think that rights come without responsibilities. He is legally and financially not responsible for his own care and survival, yet he has the idea that he should have the rights of an independent citizen. This is how people have come to have that sense of entitlement that so may people notice and complain about.