"The Forgotten Men and Women"

You hear this a lot from Trump and his supporters. But as a Trump voter, I find it highly insulting. It's implying that Trump voters are helpless idiots that only a daddy government can help because they're too stupid to get ahead by themselves.

It's also weird that the phrase resonates so positively with the "bootstraps" crowd who preach self-reliance and say that if you work hard enough you'll succeed.

I mean, which is it? Are you forgotten men and women not working enough? Or are you just so hopeless that only the government can save your asses?

Great post.

Seriously.

Wonderful craftmanship.

The subtle drawing of a parrallel betwe the bootstraps corwd to the OBama free phone crowd was really well done.

I think the last sentence may have been rushed, but the post is still solid.

I am surprised you diddn't get a lot of bites.

Trump voters are fine with government spending as long as it's not directef to those feckless minorities. 

My take is that the Forgotten are the middle class. The poor gets government handouts and the rich own everything while the middle gets shafted.

banco -

Trump voters are fine with government spending as long as it's not directef to those feckless minorities. 

Oh yay it's the republicans hate minorities take.

Zned -

Great post.

Seriously.

Wonderful craftmanship.

The subtle drawing of a parrallel betwe the bootstraps corwd to the OBama free phone crowd was really well done.

I think the last sentence may have been rushed, but the post is still solid.

I am surprised you diddn't get a lot of bites.

Everything is a troll to a troll I guess. But this wasn't a troll. And the reason there was no response is because it's too spot on. The cognitive dissonance crowd shuts down when presented with concepts like this. They blot it from their minds. 

VinegarStrokes - 
banco -

Oh yay it's the republicans hate minorities take.

What was all the opposition to Obamacare about from social security/medicare using Trump voters?