The Forgotten Prodigy?

VinCenzo -  BJ is an amazing fighter! Edgar defeating him only means that Edgar is an amazing fighter as well, not that bj isn't good. Phone Post
Not really... all it means is that Edgar is a great point-fighter...  

the worst thing about this sport getting poular is that "sports fan" now thinks their opinion is valid

like these mofos that never even played flag football talking about how pros "suck"

fuck this guy

NarlyPersianDude - BJ Penn is the 4th greatest fighter the sport has ever seen. only Fedor Anderson and GSP I rate over him. BJ has never been finished in a fight at lw his whole career, from his loss to Jens Pulver early when he was a child, to his "loss" to Frankie Edgar he went 8 years without losing at lw. He has beat Kenny,Sherk,Gomi,Diego,Pulver,Uno at lw, those are some of the greatest lw's ever and BJ beat them. He is only the 2nd ufc fighter ever to hold a belt at two different weightclasses. He fought Lyoto Machida at heavyweight, which is absurd, and gave Lyoto his toughest fight until Shogun came rolling along. He not only beat Matt Hughes twice, the 2nd best ww ever, but finished him both times. And Jon Fitch has close to 20 ufc fights, and the only ones he did not win where GSP and BJ.

Anyone hating on BJ is just a fucking loser and fighter basher. Clear as day, BJ haters are fucking scum. The man is the bravest fighter I have ever seen apart from Fedor, and is one of the alltime fighters in this sport, the disrespect he gets is maddening and disturbing. Real fans get what BJ Penn does. Truly

FUCKING THIS! Phone Post

Which article was this? 

I don't even care whether the article is true or not. This thread is one giant glass of spilled koo-aid. To see you guys split at the seams and slapped with a dose of reality is priceless. Hopefully this article lends some clarity so some of you can enter recovery and resume your lives again. Your families need you. Phone Post

ausgepicht -  I don't even care whether the article is true or not. This thread is one giant glass of spilled koo-aid. To see you guys split at the seams and slapped with a dose of reality is priceless. Hopefully this article lends some clarity so some of you can enter recovery and resume your lives again. Your families need you. Phone Post
Don't lie Ausgepicht...  you wrote that article... didn't you....

ausgepicht -  I don't even care whether the article is true or not. This thread is one giant glass of spilled koo-aid. To see you guys split at the seams and slapped with a dose of reality is priceless. Hopefully this article lends some clarity so some of you can enter recovery and resume your lives again. Your families need you. Phone Post
Also - the only koolaid being drunk is by fans like you who don't respect a guy like BJ who performed and kicked ass in a league full of cheaters....  keep worshipping your boy.... keep believing the old lie....

lionsoul -
Also - the only koolaid being drunk is by fans like you who don't respect a guy like BJ who performed and kicked ass in a league full of cheaters....  keep worshipping your boy.... keep believing the old lie....

Again, I'll ask for the 100th time, and none....NONE of you have answered the challenge, post my hate or disrespect for BJ. I'm bashing his loser nuthuggers crying over an article. Grown men who worship an athlete are pathetic and possibly queer. Phone Post

lionsoul - 
I'm a loser, 0-7 -  I read that article too. They can suck my ass. Phone Post
LOL at Bleacher Report.... it is where fans (and nuthuggers) can write articles.  You can be sure that someone like Suess or Ausgepicht likely wrote that article.

BJ Penn (for me) will be in the top 3 p4p MMA fighters ever.  he did it all clean in a league full of cheaters...

Not true, only 10% of writers get accepted on B/R now. It used to be what you're saying, though. 

Bleacher report puts out some of the worst shit ever. Shit stain on MMA news and journalism IMO Phone Post

NarlyPersianDude - BJ Penn is the 4th greatest fighter the sport has ever seen. only Fedor Anderson and GSP I rate over him. BJ has never been finished in a fight at lw his whole career, from his loss to Jens Pulver early when he was a child, to his "loss" to Frankie Edgar he went 8 years without losing at lw. He has beat Kenny,Sherk,Gomi,Diego,Pulver,Uno at lw, those are some of the greatest lw's ever and BJ beat them. He is only the 2nd ufc fighter ever to hold a belt at two different weightclasses. He fought Lyoto Machida at heavyweight, which is absurd, and gave Lyoto his toughest fight until Shogun came rolling along. He not only beat Matt Hughes twice, the 2nd best ww ever, but finished him both times. And Jon Fitch has close to 20 ufc fights, and the only ones he did not win where GSP and BJ.

Anyone hating on BJ is just a fucking loser and fighter basher. Clear as day, BJ haters are fucking scum. The man is the bravest fighter I have ever seen apart from Fedor, and is one of the alltime fighters in this sport, the disrespect he gets is maddening and disturbing. Real fans get what BJ Penn does. Truly

And BOOM! Phone Post

Agreed Phone Post

GageIsLegend -
Infamous Ed - Bleacher report is garbage, Penn is one the greatest fighters of all time Phone Post
What does that say about Edgar or Gsp? Phone Post

Until they fight guys like Machida (let alone fight up a weight class or two) I guess I couldn't say...

I love me some GSP but you have to admit, the guy is losing major sleep at night just at the thought of having to fight up a weight class. 

I personally think BJ could win the LW title again, i think the only person that beats him is Frankie, maybe he will drop down leaving the door open for BJ.

I just wish he would attack more from the guard and used more kicks Phone Post

NarlyPersianDude - BJ Penn is the 4th greatest fighter the sport has ever seen. only Fedor Anderson and GSP I rate over him. BJ has never been finished in a fight at lw his whole career, from his loss to Jens Pulver early when he was a child, to his "loss" to Frankie Edgar he went 8 years without losing at lw. He has beat Kenny,Sherk,Gomi,Diego,Pulver,Uno at lw, those are some of the greatest lw's ever and BJ beat them. He is only the 2nd ufc fighter ever to hold a belt at two different weightclasses. He fought Lyoto Machida at heavyweight, which is absurd, and gave Lyoto his toughest fight until Shogun came rolling along. He not only beat Matt Hughes twice, the 2nd best ww ever, but finished him both times. And Jon Fitch has close to 20 ufc fights, and the only ones he did not win where GSP and BJ.

This is your masterpiece. 

IMO Penn is still the #2 LW in the world, and a top 10 WW.

Perhaps the most gifted fighter this sport has seen in terms of skill level, but unfortunately was also given an achiles heel in the cardio department.

You can't appreciate BJ's career in hindsight. You had to be there. When he moved up to fight Matt Hughes, Hughes was the undisputed WW GOAT. He was regarded like Fedor in 07', or GSP now.

It would be the equivalent of Frankie moving up and stopping GSP in dominating fashion (lol).

No one was touching Hughes back then. Phone Post

NarlyPersianDude - BJ Penn is the 4th greatest fighter the sport has ever seen. only Fedor Anderson and GSP I rate over him. BJ has never been finished in a fight at lw his whole career, from his loss to Jens Pulver early when he was a child, to his "loss" to Frankie Edgar he went 8 years without losing at lw. He has beat Kenny,Sherk,Gomi,Diego,Pulver,Uno at lw, those are some of the greatest lw's ever and BJ beat them. He is only the 2nd ufc fighter ever to hold a belt at two different weightclasses. He fought Lyoto Machida at heavyweight, which is absurd, and gave Lyoto his toughest fight until Shogun came rolling along. He not only beat Matt Hughes twice, the 2nd best ww ever, but finished him both times. And Jon Fitch has close to 20 ufc fights, and the only ones he did not win where GSP and BJ.

Great post, voted up. 

JesusTapped - 

Amen. Phone Post