The Four Survival Rules to Live By

ttt for my opinion later

Sanford Strong on Women's Self Defense:

"The following examples of advice still show up in high schools and women's self-defense courses:  "Evaluate the rapist...try to pick up clues on how to deal with him...maintain your emotional stability and you will maintain control."  Do not overreact.  Remain calm.  Go along with his demands for a short period...stall him.  This will give you time to devise an escape plan."  All of this unrealistic and not workable at a rape crime scene.

Imagine if the percentages of women and men raped wre 50-50 instead of 98 percent women and 2 percent men.  Outside of prison, those are the true percentages.  Now imagine someone telling men, "Don't overreact to rape guys.  Go along with his demands so you won't be hurt." 

ttt as a public service from Sam Pai Kenpo.

Excellent post Sam Pai.

therocksays...thanks for your support, my friend.

Nice posts, Gary. You're on a role with a few of your recent threads. Good shit.....

On a side note, since it was brought up..... my sister was raped by her ex-fiance 11 years ago. Other than the fact that it happened, do you know what the one thing was she regretted the most?

That she didn't fight it.

That she let it happen.

Thanks Brian.  Sorry to hear that about your sister.  I have heard that same reaction many times in books I have read on the subject.

ChatBoardBully...I have always said that the bad guys don't want people to know this stuff or read Strong's book.  So, what kind of bad guy are you or are you just trolling again?

1) When in doubt, attack the groin

2) There is nothing wrong with suckerpunching

3) wearing your karate gi in public intimidates and prevents violence

4) kick your opponent in the groin after you have dropped him

There are also a lot of rape victims that were tortured and murdered when the rapist was done with them.  If an attacker moves you, it is kidnapping and a capital crime, criminals know that.  Repeat offenders don't want to go back into the system.  Why would you trust an animal that would rape you to let you go when he was done and not hurt you like he promised?  Even a dumb animal knows it's time to fight back when attacked by a predator.   

I have to walk with a cane now and I have already been mugged once since I have to use it. If you look like a victim you will get a lot more grief than if you look confident and you are aware of your surroundings.

My dad always said if you are in trouble go for the soft pink parts. Eyes, Groin, Throat and the such. Also keep breaking things until he stops attacking then break one more thing to be sure he will remember it.

Gossamer...you can do lots of cool things with a cane as far as self defense goes.  You are correct, predators looks for easy prey.

So far I have not had too much trouble. I am 6'3" and I weigh 275lbs and in spite of being a fat arse I can still handle myself ok. I have thought about getting some instruction for defending myself with a cane. I also am thinking about learning stick fighting. Mostly I just scream and rip my shirt off so they see my extensive bodyhair and think I am a chimp.

Sam Pai Kenpo,

"mikeblak...please explain how you would be rational with an armed robber, rapist or murderer."

That's why I said it only works with rational people. Criminals aren't rational and should not be treated as such.
"I would like to hear your techniques."

Each situation is different and you would have to assess each situation and react accordingly. Sometimes it would be better to do as they say, and hope for the best. Sometimes the MoFo is going to kill you no matter what you do, and I'd say your actions should be more extreme.

Sam Pai is correct, there are alot of Kali / Arnis systems that have cane techniques... you should check them out...

I think that I will. Thanks for the heads up. I am thinking about going out to CA and see the Dog Brothers stick fighting. I talked to a guy that did it once and he swore by it.

I haven't watched too many movies.  I have read books by FBI profilers John Douglas, Roy Hazlewood and Robert Ressler.

If someone is stupid enough to get close enough to me where I can grab the gun.  I will take it away and ruin his day.  You have to know your own limitations.

Gossamer...dogbrothers.com has some video clips of the Dog Brothers. 

I know a guy that carries a custom cane that is made out of gun metal.  It quickly seperates into 2 clubs and is a very nasty weapon.

"-i aint gotta say the name, You know who it is....."

Maybe I'm slow. What does this mean?