The gauntlet

I've payed good money to have my ass whooped.

I can't wait for my gauntlet. I'll have a wicked hard on.

Setree - Am I the only one that thinks that this kind of hazing doesn't belong in BJJ? It's not like anyone who earns rank hasn't already paid the price.

Give it to me on the mat; I'll be in hell and love it.

I will endure the excessive chain rolling, but the beatings with the belts seems a bit over the top for my tastes.

I agree. The belt beating seems a little excessive. Not sure what that really teaches anyone, and it's not something your gonna have to worry about in BJJ tourny, so what's the point????

Cody F - I agree. The belt beating seems a little excessive. Not sure what that really teaches anyone, and it's not something your gonna have to worry about in BJJ tourny, so what's the point????

it toughens people up

countlphie - 
Cody F - I agree. The belt beating seems a little excessive. Not sure what that really teaches anyone, and it's not something your gonna have to worry about in BJJ tourny, so what's the point????

it toughens people up

Then why do they do it when you get a new belt. If it is meant to tughen you up then it would be a regular part of training, not something that happens in 1, 2 ,and 3 year incriments. That doesn't toughen you up IMO.

Here is my thread from a while ago with my experience:

Walking the gauntlet

2TALL4BJJ - Here is my thread from a while ago with my experience:

Walking the gauntlet

Atleast you had your Gi on. Most of the one's I have seen the people go bareback.

Baroquen Record - we dont do the belt whipping, but basically you train with everyone and they all try to kill you. i got my ass kicked last night after getting my purple.

Congrats on the purple!

Cody F - 
countlphie - 

it toughens people up

Then why do they do it when you get a new belt. If it is meant to tughen you up then it would be a regular part of training, not something that happens in 1, 2 ,and 3 year incriments. That doesn't toughen you up IMO.

you're right. they need to do this more often!!

it's tradition.

to each their own.

i don't like it.