The Ghost: Cain is an excellent boxer

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/5/2/4293686/mayweather-vs-guerrero-ghost-calls-ufc-cain-velasquez-boxer-mma

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Heavyweight Champion Cain Velasquez is a small, stiff idiot inside the Octagon, who likely takes steroids to compensate for the fact that he's a midget.

That's according to heavyweight boxer Tyson Fury (read his garbled rant here).

Not everyone in the "sweet science," however, agrees. In fact, Robert Guerrero called Velasquez an "excellent boxer" in his recent conversation with the Wall Street Journal, where he was hyping up this weekend's "Money" fight against Floyd Mayweather in Las Vegas (preview here).

"The Ghost" breaks down his love for mixed martial arts (MMA):

"I'm a sports guy, I love fights. There's a lot more technique involved (in MMA) now. Before, it was just getting guys who wanted to fight. Cain Velasquez, heavyweight champion [is my favorite]. He's an excellent boxer up top and that's what's been getting him through the day."

Cain trained with Robert Garcia not too long ago. Robert thinks Cain should become a proboxer. Phone Post

What an awful artical Phone Post 3.0

Tiresias - Dana should throw as much money as necessary at Tyson Furry to get him into the octagon to get his ass kicked. Phone Post

Dana doesn't even know who the schmo is.

Let's be realistic... Cain has good boxing in MMA due to the takedown threat. JDS has better boxing but can't piece it together when he has to keep his lands low to attempt to prevent the takedown. No can defend the double leg! Phone Post

Anderson's BBC in my Goku -

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/5/2/4293686/mayweather-vs-guerrero-ghost-calls-ufc-cain-velasquez-boxer-mma

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Heavyweight Champion Cain Velasquez is a small, stiff idiot inside the Octagon, who likely takes steroids to compensate for the fact that he's a midget.

That's according to heavyweight boxer Tyson Fury (read his garbled rant here).

Not everyone in the "sweet science," however, agrees. In fact, Robert Guerrero called Velasquez an "excellent boxer" in his recent conversation with the Wall Street Journal, where he was hyping up this weekend's "Money" fight against Floyd Mayweather in Las Vegas (preview here).

"The Ghost" breaks down his love for mixed martial arts (MMA):

"I'm a sports guy, I love fights. There's a lot more technique involved (in MMA) now. Before, it was just getting guys who wanted to fight. Cain Velasquez, heavyweight champion [is my favorite]. He's an excellent boxer up top and that's what's been getting him through the day."

Pretty cool seeing guys from Boxing and MMA giving each other props. Both are great combat sports. Phone Post 3.0

Having good boxing for MMA is one thing, but having good enough boxing too be able to compete at the elite level is something else and Cain, JDS or even Arlovski do not and never will possess that

Willin - 
Tiresias - Dana should throw as much money as necessary at Tyson Furry to get him into the octagon to get his ass kicked. Phone Post
Dana doesn't even know who the schmo is.</blockquote>

Dana already challenged Tyson Fury to come to the UFC to back up his claims and said it again on this very message board. I don't leet-speak much, but epic fail, dude.

Kentpaul - Having good boxing for MMA is one thing, but having good enough boxing too be able to compete at the elite level is something else and Cain, JDS or even Arlovski do not and never will possess that
JDS will never possess that?

You need to remember that JDS already has excellent boxing as it is, and if weren't for the threat of a kick or a takedown, we'd see a lot more of it.

Lol your post is ignorant, my friend. Phone Post 3.0

Cain does have great boxing. You see it on display against all of his opponents. Obviously JDS has better boxing than Cain, but Cain still has great boxing. Phone Post 3.0

Cain is a terrible boxer. He doesn't move his head when he throws punches and that's why JDS and Kongo both got to his chin so easily.

Everyone used to tell me for years what an awesome boxer Cowboy was and I'd say the same thing (except Cowboy NEVER moves his head and keeps his head low). Once Cowboy fought Nate people finally stopped saying it...

Haulport -

Cain is a terrible boxer. He doesn't move his head when he throws punches and that's why JDS and Kongo both got to his chin so easily.

Everyone used to tell me for years what an awesome boxer Cowboy was and I'd say the same thing (except Cowboy NEVER moves his head and keeps his head low). Once Cowboy fought Nate people finally stopped saying it...

I don't recall a single person ever saying Cowboy was a good boxer. Kick boxer, yes, because he's ferocious with his kicks and knees. But his defense and hands have always been the subject of scrutiny Phone Post 3.0

yellow wrkahlc - 
Kentpaul - Having good boxing for MMA is one thing, but having good enough boxing too be able to compete at the elite level is something else and Cain, JDS or even Arlovski do not and never will possess that

You need to remember that JDS already has excellent boxing as it is, and if weren't for the threat of a kick or a takedown, we'd see a lot more of it.

What?

You think JDS' boxing skills are elite enough for him to be competitive outside of MMA? Kentpaul said he does have good hands for MMA. I don't understand what you're getting at.

Haulport - 

JDS got to his chin? Funny, I remember the"knockout" bring a hit behind the ear, which would drop anyone. But what do I know

I should have phrased it better. I'm curious as to whether or not people believe JDS would be an elite heavyweight in boxing should he completely drop MMA and focus solely on his boxing. And if that's the case, what specifically leads you to believe that?

I'm not trying to diss JDS, MMA, or any poster in particular.

yellow wrkahlc -

I don't know if its that far off?

I don't think you do one thing the same way in boxing as you do in mma.

Don't get me wrong most the differences are subtle but still make for quite different striking.

So I'll reserve judgement until a pro mma fighter goes pro boxer and judge him on how he boxes when I see him box. Phone Post