The Great White Hype

Anyone remember this movie. Classic.

I am not saying Patrick Cummings is Irish terry but wow the ironing is mind bottling.

This is just another way the illuminati is trying to set up a racewar by pitting a white guy vs a black guy. Thanks Obama! Phone Post 3.0

Btw I'm totally joking... Phone Post 3.0

Ha i used to love this movie as a kid,havent seen it in years

WARRIOR POET - 

did you actually see this movie?

people acutally thought the white guy in the movie was going to win

no one thinks cummins is going to win

that is the whole part of the "HYPE" in the name of the movie

Dude I have seen this movie a zillion times.  But lets keep this in perspective in that the movie was commedy first and formost.  However this is real life and the similarties are pretty funny (IMO).

You point out one thing... which I agree with but look at the similarties.

1) The champ was undefeated

2) they found a white guy that beat him in amatures (cormier admits patrick did beat him in practice).

3)  The fight was all hyped around fact #2

4) The promoter,  while not samuel jackson (Don King esque), is touting what an amazing athlete he is and all the reasons he will win.

Now do I think he will win?  No ?  But with this story line many will be rooting for him and buying the fight.  Its much more interesting story line than Rashad.  

Cmon dude the similarties are there.

Also just a side note I live next door to a 2 time all american wrestler that trained MMA before deciding to goto dental school.  He also has a twin brother that was an all american.  They are the Alderman twins out of Wyoming.

One of them deafeated frank trigg in a national event and the other twin beat matt hughes.

There is not a former wrestler out there that doesn't think they could be patrick cummings.  They will be living vicariously through him.  

Do you know how many former all american wrestlers that coach or train MMA probably are working shitty jobs and this would be there dream?

Hes got a fan base.

ShoeMoney -
Anyone remember this movie. Classic.

I am not saying Patrick Cummings is Irish terry but wow the ironing is mind bottling.

VU for referencing one of my alltime favorite movies.

People didn't think Conklin would win,
They were simply betting on the white guy (old lady: "$200 on the clean cut white boy")

Jeff goldbloom is the only guy that thought Conklin stood a chance Phone Post 3.0

I believe in Pat.

Ttt once for hype Phone Post 3.0

merlot bro-ham

xDODZILLAx - merlot bro-ham
Hahahaha Phone Post 3.0

"U tryin to embarrass me on TV?!" Phone Post 3.0

Love that movie Phone Post 3.0

Classic movie! Phone Post 3.0

Last hype Phone Post 3.0

It's mind boggling - not bottling !! Wtf!! Phone Post 3.0

ShoeMoney -
WARRIOR POET - 

did you actually see this movie?

people acutally thought the white guy in the movie was going to win

no one thinks cummins is going to win

that is the whole part of the "HYPE" in the name of the movie

Dude I have seen this movie a zillion times.  But lets keep this in perspective in that the movie was commedy first and formost.  However this is real life and the similarties are pretty funny (IMO).

You point out one thing... which I agree with but look at the similarties.

1) The champ was undefeated

2) they found a white guy that beat him in amatures (cormier admits patrick did beat him in practice).

3)  The fight was all hyped around fact #2

4) The promoter,  while not samuel jackson (Don King esque), is touting what an amazing athlete he is and all the reasons he will win.

Now do I think he will win?  No ?  But with this story line many will be rooting for him and buying the fight.  Its much more interesting story line than Rashad.  

Cmon dude the similarties are there.

Also just a side note I live next door to a 2 time all american wrestler that trained MMA before deciding to goto dental school.  He also has a twin brother that was an all american.  They are the Alderman twins out of Wyoming.

One of them deafeated frank trigg in a national event and the other twin beat matt hughes.

There is not a former wrestler out there that doesn't think they could be patrick cummings.  They will be living vicariously through him.  

Do you know how many former all american wrestlers that coach or train MMA probably are working shitty jobs and this would be there dream?

Hes got a fan base.

A zillion times?

Fuck.

Here I thought I was an ultimate 'Road House' fan because I watch it every time it's on basic cable.

Damn. Phone Post 3.0

One of my all time favorite comedies :-) Phone Post 3.0

Pretty much went Downie the movie.... Phone Post 3.0