The greatest video game of ALL-TIME?

Any system

Any genre

Any individual game (no series, i.e. "Mass Effect series")

What is the singular GREATEST VIDEO GAME of all time (in your humble opinion)?

MGS4 Phone Post 3.0

Halflife.

TX_432 - MGS4 Phone Post 3.0

Strong choice, but I personally felt MGS3:SE was better.

6 Late Hammerfists - Mario RPG Phone Post 3.0

No joke, if I made a thread about the most UNDERRATED game of all time, this would win.  Mario RPG was phenominal.

TampabayMMA - Has to be tetris.

I think this might be the most successful game of all time, although perhaps not the greatest game.

RockTheVote - 

goldeneye on the 64 and it isnt close

While I would say this is a fantastic argument...it really doesn't hold up, imo.  The game was GOAT when it was released, but it's nearly unplayable now.

This is strictly opinion, but Oblivion has my vote. Phone Post 3.0

Oblivion is legit.  The mods make it even better.

Psychonauts - also the most under-appreciated game of all time 

Mata_Leon - 

Psychonauts - also the most under-appreciated game of all time 

The level with the talking fish made me lose my shit.  Underappreciated comedy game for sure.

Also, dat milkman level doe

Bioshock

Demon's souls

Both of those are up there for me, but it would be hard to choose just one.

RockTheVote - 
The Green Arrow - 
RockTheVote - 

goldeneye on the 64 and it isnt close

While I would say this is a fantastic argument...it really doesn't hold up, imo.  The game was GOAT when it was released, but it's nearly unplayable now.

are you kidding me? we played it for four hours at my brothers office last week. its still the perfect drunken house-party fps since everyone knows how to play and no one has to learn it (minus a couple rounds of shaking rust). if youre a halo guy or a cod guy or any other fps, you played bond first. you can put all those guys into a room together and they can play the OG fps.

Maybe I need to go back and play it again with some friends.  I remember trying to play it again a few years ago and finding it awful to control

Man I completely forgot about Eternal Darkness, and Viewtiful Joe. Phone Post 3.0

Final Fantasy 7 Phone Post 3.0

I played Goldeneye a couple years ago, and it is completely unplayable.  Control scheme is amazingly bad.

have never enjoyed a game more than Red Dead Redemption.

Arcanum: of steamworks and magick obscura. Heaps of re-playability Phone Post 3.0

Games get better and better but the best game for its time....

Mike Tysons Punch Out Phone Post 3.0

Fallout 3 Phone Post 3.0

A few months ago I would've said FinaL Fantasy VII, but now I'm saying The Last of Us. Phone Post 3.0