The Green Gi - Release Date?

Heard about these gis here about a year ago, I think. Just checked the website again today and I'm wondering if/when they're ever gonna be released. Is the hot, thick chick owner just teasing us? lol

btw, I saw some interview with her saying only blue or black gis would be initially available. Boo! I want a white gi, please! ;o)

this gi has been advertised or comes up ever so often.

that shit will never happen, homie. it was a hoax, a lie, or a half thought out plan.

----

prove me wrong.

---

in seriousness, i think the girl who was working on it got busy w/ life and put that shit on hold.

Well, I dunno what's going on but I hope she stays with the idea so that the gis get made soon.

I'd be even more excited if she(or someone else) ever decides to make gi pants out of the same material/weave as gi tops, especially if we're talking about something as soft as hemp. Hopefully it'd cut down on sweat sag and tears.

sent them an email. will post if they reply.

i think she actually got tied up in a hedge fund she manages.

she was going to switzerland to head up something w/ Bank Suise (sp?) or something.

she's apparently super loaded or something and bjj is just her passion.

you could tell by the website she had. well done, like she paid a lot for it.

Jesus christ dude, you should really shut the fuck up if you have no fucking idea what you're talking about.  Addie (The owner) is my friend and teammate and she ran into some serious problems with labor, etc. and has never been able to find a solution to make it feasable and a reasonable cost to the consumer.

The gi is real, I've seen it and even put on a prototype jacket. It's a great product but like all new things, there are hurdles to getting it done WELL. 

Thats the problem with going "green", you have to care about the environment and pay fair wages to your labor force which in a perfect world should be getting exploited. Luckily for your guys, that is why I am offering the "black" gi. It is constructed of an advanced "southern weave" (for hot weather) composite of cotton and non-biodegradable plastic bag material. The cotton is hand picked by an unpaid workforce to allow for cheaper prices on the consumer and greater profits for the seller. In the end everyone is happy (well 3/5ths of them). 

HoldYerGround - Thats the problem with going "green", you have to care about the environment and pay fair wages to your labor force which in a perfect world <i>should be</i> getting exploited. Luckily for your guys, that is why I am offering the "black" gi. It is constructed of an advanced "southern weave" (for hot weather) composite of cotton and non-biodegradable plastic bag material. The cotton is hand picked by an unpaid workforce to allow for cheaper prices on the consumer and greater profits for the seller. In the end everyone is happy (well 3/5ths of them). 

^Gold!

Thanks for the info, BIC. Tell her there's interest so keep trying. She should also know I'd be happy to make sexy time with her, too. ;o)

I'll be sure to pass that along to her fiance, Strikeforce Fighter Antwain "Juggernaut" Britt.  ;-)

^I don't think he'd be happy to make the sexy time with, me. Better to only tell her.

you stfu BIC.

anyone can tell my post is ridiculous.

hedge fund and bank suise? come on man. nothing i said was bad, just retarded.

eat dicks.

shen could've made the same post and you'd lick his balls for it.

no hard feelings... just don't soap box me, if you catch my DRIFT.

hope her endeavor works out. the website was nice (as i recall) and it was a great idea.

http://www.thegreengi.com/

nice site.

Uhm... HoldYerGround... shen is that you:D?

No, but that is what is great about the Atama BJJ training forum. The internet provides a big enough gi for all of us to troll in. Even Wrestlenow.

BIC, I'm glad you were here to stick up for Addie! The last time I talked with Addie, she was still working hard to hammer out details with a manufacturer. She hasn't given up yet.

And, I've trained in her gi, and it is fantastic. If I could beat her up and steal it, I would. Sadly, she doesn't suck at the grappling.

I so want one of these

What happened to the guy on Sherdog that was coming out with hemp gi?

It was called GroundForce or something like that. He even had pictures of the gi up.

these are potheads were talking about.... they arent coming out.