The Guard could have saved GSP

I am a big fan of GSP but when he got rocked, he should have dropped to his guard instead of trying to run away and stay in his feet and try to take Matt down.....

it seems like he has an aversion for the guard, never beein in it. but It is possible that the guard is not the best position (FOR HIM) but in certain case, it can help you in your recovery.

Matt Serra as soon of rocked always drom to Guard and from them you have 2 or 3 additional second to try to regain composure.

But when you try to run all over the ring while you are rocked it will not help you in your recovery and all you are gaining are other punch in your face.....and a very soon KO.

Discuss....

or maybe it is just the "all accesss"

maybe everytime they do the all acess they have sex with Rachelle and the fact of having sex is not good for their legs while fighting.

signs up for an all access show

going to the guard with Serra is like stuffing a takedown so you can stand with Cro-Cop.

it might make sense for a moment, but you're going to have a hard time getting your game back to the range you want.

In the all access GSP was explaining that he was training in all different kind of sport but not really in MMA.

He was training in boxing, BJJ, Wrestling etc but not all the sport at the same time.

Perhaps he should do it from time to time. because by doing it he should have learned that when rocked drom to the guard and try to recover is the best solution. there is no hope in trying to stay up when rocked, no hope at all...while there are a little when you go to the guard.

'He was training in boxing, BJJ, Wrestling etc but not all the sport at the same time.'

Yeah i noticed that too.

"hhhm yes... when you get rocked by a punch, drop to guard!"

in this particular case it would have been much better for him to have done that, as opposed to stumbling around the cage drunkenly and getting tagged by 3 or 4 more shots that ended his night.

"LOL. Only jujubre......"

lol at you....

Fight, fight!!! A Green and a Frenchie!

I didn`t see a guard.

he was done Nothing could have saved him

"Matt Serra as soon of rocked always drom to Guard and from them you have..."

Yup, makes sense to me...lol

I'd take a pretty serious ass whoopin just to get it on with Rachelle.

Yes, he could have stayed and fought instead of running, but that isn't like the French. There is a reason they are called "rifle droppers". His French bloodlines really didn't help him in this case.

All kidding aside, pulling guard may have helped, but he was pretty dazed, and putting himself in Matt's world probably wasn't the best idea. Matt didn't really try to go to the ground with him even when he did go to his back. Matt stood above hom and rained punches until there was a clear mount opportunity, then finished him. It may have helped, but probably not in this case.

^^^^ i undurstude em perfektli

His instinct was to stay on his feet. He's primarily a stand-up fighter and in the fog of war, you revert to your strength.

pulling gaurd to regain your footing only works if you have serious defense from your gaurd.

However, it does indeed work...so does low-single to gaurd.

Jeremy Horn has been doing it for years.

No doubt he'll watch the tape back and think about all the things he could have done differently, but at the time when he was hurt and struggling to even stay upright, i can see how he would resort to what he feels most comfortable with - he was in survival mode and all.

"In the all access GSP was explaining that he was training in all different kind of sport but not really in MMA.
He was training in boxing, BJJ, Wrestling etc but not all the sport at the same time. "

I seem to remember Rich Franklin and Andre Arlovski also mentioning the same things in their All Access before they lost.

They they really don't have an MMA team and just train in single, different aspects of MMA.

true, Nog would have probably fallen to guard sooner.

Who knows, though, Serra's punches were STRONG and GSP was rocked.

He was rocked, and probably not thinking stright.

Without his faculties being all there, he probably didn't think of the wisdom in doing that, and probably went back to basic instincts - I imagine my first thought would be to avoid the ground with Serra.