The history of Paul Harris-(Rousimar)

gotmysitchpackedbyweidman -
Animal Mother - Has anyone needed ACL reconstruction following a Paul Harris heel hook? Phone Post 3.0

Nope, people overreact

Doesn't matter, still a dick thing to do Phone Post

the last gif with the ref getting palhares attention at the wrists/hands shows all that needs to be done.

brushing against palhares slightly as you fly around out of control and slide into the cage is not the most effective and professional way to signal the end of a fight.

i think the ref was kind of shook about palhares' reputation before the fight and panicked a bit when he saw pierce tapping in pain.

Animal Mother - Has anyone needed ACL reconstruction following a Paul Harris heel hook? Phone Post 3.0

Nope, people overreact

Pretty sure I remember a thread way back a few years where some guy posted how his friend had some damage done to his knee by Palhares in a BJJ competition. Phone Post 3.0

gotmysitchpackedbyweidman - 
Fox censored my Chael screen name - 

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/9/25/2448072/adcc-2011-rousimar-palhares-heelhook-David-Avellan

I saw that live, Avellan requested the restart after they rolled off the mats. In the rules meeting fighters were tolds if they had a submission off hte mat they could finish it, and the ref would stop it if the opponent escaped the submission, David cried about it and requested the restart, he gets the restart, Paul kneebars him, he cries in pain.

What else did everyone expect to happen? Everyone who saw it live saw that David and his brother were being very obtuse about it, and he got what he asked for.

Avellan has some big pills to even request a restart from that position. That finish turned my stomach a bit.

double

triple

I wonder how many Palhares defenders have ever been put in a submission hold before.

Fox censored my Chael screen name -

Thanks for the words 8flat.

I just want to say, that although I made this thread, I feel bad that Palhares is banned from the UFC.

I certainly hope this thread didn't help infuence and/or justify him being banned.  

I feel it's justified he didn't get a bonus, perhaps justified if he didn't get a win bonus as well, but i think a stern warning would've sufficed. Let him know 1 more incident and he's out. 

Thinking positive.....Paul Harris vs Askren anyone?

When did he get banned? Is this official? Phone Post

VU.  This isnt a one time situation, he has done this like 5 times in mma/bjj matches.  Where do you draw the line?

WHen he ends a fighters career?  When he does it 5 times in the UFC then you can cut him?  Or just let him continue without punishment and show all other fighters its ok to ignore the refs call to stop the fight. 

Nope, people overreact

Wait, so we have to wait for someone to have a career threatening injury before he gets punished? People are overreacting to a fighter who has put several fighters in danger outside of the rules?

Why should be have to wait for something that bad to happen?

I don't understand people who have no empathy for a fighter who has already admitted to defeat by both tapping and screaming repeatedly possibly being injured after they gave up. Phone Post 3.0

Grantman - 

Nope, people overreact

Wait, so we have to wait for someone to have a career threatening injury before he gets punished? People are overreacting to a fighter who has put several fighters in danger outside of the rules?

Why should be have to wait for something that bad to happen?

I don't understand people who have no empathy for a fighter who has already admitted to defeat by both tapping and screaming repeatedly possibly being injured after they gave up. Phone Post 3.0

This. VTFU.

Cut him. Babalu only did it once and got cut.

Voted UP OP and Damnsevern.

Bringing clarity, truth, and video evidence to the masses.

The ref for the next Palhares fight, if there ever is one, should be issued a "tire checker."  Palhares does not release, the ref can just start smacking him on the skull till he does.

Subd Phone Post

I like that crazy bastard but its hard to argue the ban.

chalice - the last gif with the ref getting palhares attention at the wrists/hands shows all that needs to be done.

brushing against palhares slightly as you fly around out of control and slide into the cage is not the most effective and professional way to signal the end of a fight.

i think the ref was kind of shook about palhares' reputation before the fight and panicked a bit when he saw pierce tapping in pain.
banned or not that gif is a great example of what refs should do with all subs.

in pride refs would do this but would get even closer to the fighters once they saw a submission in the works Phone Post 3.0

ShawnTheBadger - 

Voted UP OP and Damnsevern.

Bringing clarity, truth, and video evidence to the masses.

The ref for the next Palhares fight, if there ever is one, should be issued a "tire checker."  Palhares does not release, the ref can just start smacking him on the skull till he does.

LOL, don't they hold lighters to the noses of pitbulls to get them to let go?

8flat - Babalu was cut from the UFC for doing the same thing with an anaconda choke.

no he wasnt.

this guy i think is just stupid. sorry but not everyone is smart. im no rocket scientist myself.

babalu was teaching david heath a lesson. david heath called babalu a mother fucker as well as several other names and said fuck you to him for really no reason during weigh ins. this translates to "you fuck your mother" in Portuguese. ( babalu can be seen saying you say i fuck my mother afterwords) they were matched up by the ufc to fight in a professional fight for money. but if you make it personal then it will get handled personally.

thats why he was cut. he made more money in the next 12 months than he ever would of in the ufc in the same time period. so it was better for him. 

While Heath probably did call Babalu names and talk shit, the MAIN reason Babalu was so pissed off, was David Heath had the balls to wear a T-shirt with Babalu's mugshot on it at the weigh ins.

That is HUGELY disrespectful and in my opinion, justified the long choke(so long as Babalu only wanted to sleep him not rip him)

He obviously gets a kick out of his opponents screaming in pain. Phone Post 3.0