The history of Paul Harris-(Rousimar)

I don't see how this one is considered 'holding on too long'.

Guy taps, ref steps in, he lets go...all in rapid order.

The guy is simply too stupid for MMA. And that's saying something

Fox censored my Chael screen name -

I wonder how many Palhares defenders have ever been put in a submission hold before.

I'm a defender in the sense I don't think he should be banned. Maybe a year suspension or cut but not banned. I've been doing bjj for a while. I'm not the best at all I'm a white belt still after 6 years I've trained with a few ugers. Shout out to one of the best coaches Derrick garza. One of the best coaches I've had.

I've been in tons of heel hooks knee bars etc. Yes that's dangerous and deserves punishment but it wasn't malicious. So banning him isn't right. Everyone that uses The adcc matches confused me. None of those are him holding on that long. He holds on as long as I would. In the ufc yes he held to long but Imo failing drug tests and poking people in the eye is worse.

Serial eye pokers (Kos, a Johnson, shields) bisping gets poked by everyone. They all use that open had defense.

Just my 2 cents. I'm not defending Paul I'm just saying the crime and punishment don't fit to me. Phone Post

Good thread though fox. Phone Post

SickEyeDiaz -

There's nothing wrong with that. Phone Post

8flat - Babalu was cut from the UFC for doing the same thing with an anaconda choke.

Not even close. Babalu showed CLEAR intent to ignore the ref.

Paulharris followed the instructions of the commission to keep fighting until the REF stops the fight. Once he saw the ref he did not ignore. He released within ONE SECOND.

People comparing this incident to Babalu are way off base.

Yes, the shit back in 2005-7 in Brazil is comparable. This and the other UFC fights is not even close. Phone Post

caseharts -
SickEyeDiaz -

There's nothing wrong with that. Phone Post

There is nothing wrong with any of his UFC leglocks. They are released within ONE second of the ref calling the fight. His past stupidity causes knee jerk reactions. Phone Post

caseharts we agree, the punishment doesn't fit the crime. I don't even think he should've been cut but maybe a warning 1 more and you're gone.

What you quoted me asking was because there is a proper amount of time you hold onto a submission before it becomes too long. Palhares has held on too long on multiple occassions in the UFC as shown. It wasn't the same type of holding on as Babalu/Heath, but you cannot compare Palhares submissions and holding onto them to anyone. 

That's what I meant, people know how to submit and let go when the tap comes. 

I've posted this link in another thread, thought it was only fair to VTFU the OP again.

Good job on this thread.

ShawnTheBadger, your words mean a lot more to me than the vote ups. Thanks man. I knew the UG needed a thread like this, didn't take as long as I thought it would to make.  

Free Paul Harris : (

GroundStPound - This motherfucker keeps getting fights and Paul Daley is banned for life, it fucking sucks. Phone Post 3.0

Not nearly the same thing Phone Post

I wonder how many Palhares defenders have ever been put in a submission hold before.

I have. I tapped immediately. Im not trying to prove I'm a bad ass by not tapping Phone Post

caseharts -

I'm a defender in the sense I don't think he should be banned. Maybe a year suspension or cut but not banned. I've been doing bjj for a while. I'm not the best at all I'm a white belt still after 6 years I've trained with a few ugers. Shout out to one of the best coaches Derrick garza. One of the best coaches I've had.

I've been in tons of heel hooks knee bars etc. Yes that's dangerous and deserves punishment but it wasn't malicious. So banning him isn't right. Everyone that uses The adcc matches confused me. None of those are him holding on that long. He holds on as long as I would. In the ufc yes he held to long but Imo failing drug tests and poking people in the eye is worse.

Serial eye pokers (Kos, a Johnson, shields) bisping gets poked by everyone. They all use that open had defense.

Just my 2 cents. I'm not defending Paul I'm just saying the crime and punishment don't fit to me. Phone Post

. Phone Post

Paul Harris vs Paul Daley anyone? Phone Post 3.0

wrong thread

Toquinho is the man! One of my favorite fighters of all time.

I hope he ends up fighting OneFC

kingkoopa - 

I have. I tapped immediately. Im not trying to prove I'm a bad ass by not tapping Phone Post

And the person applyling the submission, did they let go in a reasonable time frame?

That was my point.

Voted up since u prob put an hour or so putting this together Phone Post 3.0

kingkoopa - 

And the person applyling the submission, did they let go in a reasonable time frame?

That was my point.

PH released at 1second

How is that not reasonable?

Training is diff than fighting. In a high level pro fight youre not gonna let go at the slightest indication

Even if a guy yells doesnt mean he is tapping. The whole ordeal last 2.7 sec

1 sec release from the tine the ref first tapped ph.

Each step from pierce yell to, tap, to ref intervention, to release was a fraction of a second so yes its reasonable time

In training u dont go full force. You hold back torque and release earlier than in a fight. Phone Post