The Hurt Business: Why DC taking a leave>vs Bader

DC taking a "vacation" has confused MMA fans and pundits alike.
Why is the reigning, aging champion taking leave of absence from the banner weight division of the UFC when there is a clear cut contender?
Because it is, simply put, bad business.
DCs two championship fights post Jones were Anthony Johnson and Gustaffson:
The former never fought Jones, and DC finishing AJ in a title bout made it that much more prestigious.
DC fought Gus in a grueling back and forth, not unlike Gus vs Jones.
Now, after all that, if DC were to fight a much improved version of Bader that jones fought, and does not finish Bader in 2 rounds, it would do more "harm" than good for DC.
If Bader were to somehow win, DC would never fight Jones again. Phone Post 3.0

Or he's just tired and his kids miss him... Phone Post 3.0

Bader does seem like a good matchup for DC. He has good wrestling and could probably keep it standing enough to score points. I would love to see this fight.

Or do a jose aldo, take 6 months off to heal up and fight Jones in NY for the come back fight... Phone Post 3.0

I Love Spinning Dong - Or do a jose aldo, take 6 months off to heal up and fight Jones in NY for the come back fight... Phone Post 3.0
Jose fought Jones in NY!? Video please. Phone Post 3.0

You do know he has a fucked up knee, right? Phone Post 3.0

He has rightfully earned it.

NBK ALL DAY -
I Love Spinning Dong - Or do a jose aldo, take 6 months off to heal up and fight Jones in NY for the come back fight... Phone Post 3.0
I think grammer maybe a factor for you ... Phone Post 3.0

I Love Spinning Dong - 
NBK ALL DAY -

oh man...not sure if serious?

I Love Spinning Dong - 
NBK ALL DAY -

I think your grammAr might be a factor for him.

proper use of commas and period would go a long way.

Or do a Jose Aldo. Take six months off to heal up, and then fight Jones in NY for the comeback fight.

I Love Spinning Dong -
NBK ALL DAY -
May be* Phone Post 3.0

I disagree. I don't think it hurts anything if DC comes in and beats Bader by decision or whatnot. Only hardcores give a damn about Jones/Bader from how many years ago? In the here and now, Bader pieced up Rashad worse than Jones did and earned his shot. If DC wins, he's won 3 in a row with 2 title defenses.

Kinda annoying talking about business or whatever, but imo, I think it's a smart move for DC to talk up the Bader fight, get another nice payday, then kick back while the build for the Jon Jones rematch starts. Bader is solid, but would have to "beat the champ", and I don't see his style doing that. Get another payday before Jones does what we know he's going to do. Make the rematch even bigger.

Of course, in all likelihood we all wait until spring for DC/Bones 2, and Bader will face AJ. Phone Post 3.0

ryan baders best win is still a split decision over phil davis. He has barely squeeked out 5 decisions in a row.

Probably will get jon fitch treatment and have to win 7 in a row before he gets the titleshot if he keeps up this crap.

I Love Spinning Dong -
NBK ALL DAY -
Hahaha I think spelling is a factor for you! Btw what's wrong with my grammar? Lol Phone Post 3.0

Jackson_Junior -
TheBigRedOne -
Butt Hurt - Or he's just tired and his kids miss him... Phone Post 3.0

Or maybe he realized losing twice to Jones would destroy his chances of getting another shot.
Thats why he wants to fight Jones next? Phone Post 3.0
Exactly this. People on here are fuckin dumb Phone Post 3.0

I Love Spinning Dong -
NBK ALL DAY -
Time for new SN.

Nevermind. Probably pointless endeavor. Just dont post anymore.

Everyone wins! Phone Post 3.0

El_Geronimo_de_Gato -
I Love Spinning Dong -
NBK ALL DAY -
Time for new SN.

Nevermind. Probably pointless endeavor. Just dont post anymore.

Everyone wins! Phone Post 3.0
Why so serious ... Phone Post 3.0

doerksenfan - I disagree. I don't think it hurts anything if DC comes in and beats Bader by decision or whatnot. Only hardcores give a damn about Jones/Bader from how many years ago? In the here and now, Bader pieced up Rashad worse than Jones did and earned his shot. If DC wins, he's won 3 in a row with 2 title defenses.

Kinda annoying talking about business or whatever, but imo, I think it's a smart move for DC to talk up the Bader fight, get another nice payday, then kick back while the build for the Jon Jones rematch starts. Bader is solid, but would have to "beat the champ", and I don't see his style doing that. Get another payday before Jones does what we know he's going to do. Make the rematch even bigger.

Of course, in all likelihood we all wait until spring for DC/Bones 2, and Bader will face AJ. Phone Post 3.0
This

Give Bader his shot already. He has improved, earned his shot. He went through the hurdle everyone wanted him to go through, beating Rashad. Now it was the "well he was out for two years". If DC thinks Bader is an easy match up, why not take the payday?

I do understand kids miss him and he misses them, but if you are the champ, gotta defend it Phone Post 3.0

Jones, Rumble, Gus all in one year.

He has earned himself a break. Phone Post 3.0