The Jack Brown interview: KEITH KIZER

Rudi -
caseharts -
Jack Brown -
Sir Psycho Sexy - Asked no tough questions. Phone Post 3.0

I just wanted to understand him - just as I have wanted to understand everyone else.   

Ttt but please ask tough questions. Phone Post

Doesnt Helwani get shit on for asking tough questions? Phone Post

I'm definitely not doing Ariel's job. I'm not doing any job. I think, at this point, I'm a bit of a historian. Phone Post

ISW - 

Sounded like a politician to me. Phone Post

He sounds like a professional. His job isn't to appease us or lay on his sword. That would be incredibly stupid and naive of him to do so.

Not one of us is willing to go on the record and tell people every mistake we've made in our line of work - then release it to millions of people.

He wasn't asked certain questions, so he didn't answer them. It was a great first interview and probably the sign that he wants to do more. Jack Brown did the right thing by not scaring him away on the first interview.

We should also recognize the potential for greater dialogue and information here and be thankful that someone is getting us there, bit by bit.

I think the promoters, fans, fighters, etc. need to have refs, judges, and Kizer to blame as well as to stop things from going too far. It creates controversy and conflict and a common enemy. But it also sets some boundaries and limits. It's kind of like teenagers and their parents.

In essence, Kizer is Dad. Phone Post

Authority Figure -
ISW -  Sounded like a politician to me. Phone Post

He sounds like a professional. His job isn't to appease us or lay on his sword. That would be incredibly stupid and naive of him to do so.

Not one of us is willing to go on the record and tell people every mistake we've made in our line of work - then release it to millions of people.

He wasn't asked certain questions, so he didn't answer them. It was a great first interview and probably the sign that he wants to do more. Jack Brown did the right thing by not scaring him away on the first interview.

We should also recognize the potential for greater dialogue and information here and be thankful that someone is getting us there, bit by bit.

Wow. Nice way of putting it.

We did speak for another thirty minutes off the record after the interview, and I don't think Kizer would mind answering "tougher" questions. My first ten were of a broader scope, but sure, I asked him about BJM. He doesn't seem to be holding too much back. Then again I like every person I've interviewed. Phone Post

Interview BIll Brady next and ask him about his apology to the Govenor and what his question to Kizer were.

I wonder what Zach Arnold from FightOpinion.com is going to get out of this interview. He's had a lot to say (and more to illustrate) about Kizer and his (mis)management of the NSAC. Also about the relationships within the corridors of power and how Kizer could be dismissed by one phone call from the right people.

Lifetime appointment: Keith Kizer’s job remains safe with Nevada politicos

What to expect at next Wednesday’s dog & pony show with Keith Kizer

Intervention time: Keith Kizer in self-presevation mode after Cynthia Ross exits

Keith Kizer’s job security

It's easy to point out how unremarkable someone else is at their job. How many of you would stake your reputation and professional worth on a world stage?

Exactly how easy is managing the world hub for a multi-billion dollar industry?

I'm not saying he hasn't made errors, sometimes huge ones - but there's a lot of finger pointing from people that probably don't have the skill, knowledge, education, balls or track record to even get a chance, much less excel at the work. He didn't buy his appointment, he earned it. Gotta give him credit for that.

Most of us (myself included) would be hard pressed to come up with a list of 20 candidates to replace him. Let's face it, we don't know jackshit about managing a sports commission.

We're frustrated because we don't understand all the moving parts and can't see why things we see as blaring oversights or problems can't be fixed overnight. But I personally have no fucking clue how hard it is to expel a judge or change the judging system or issue suspensions for drug abuse or overturn bad ref calls. It could be hard as hell. He could be working on it right now, but is smart enough to not tell any of us until he's sure he's got it right. That would be the kind of strategic and intelligent move I'd expect from someone who landed the appointment.

I'm anxious for the next interview. Whether it's in a month or  2 years from now.

We'll get to find out if he's doing his best or if he's actually full of shit over time. But expecting all that in one interview is not realistic.

Should have thrown in a question like :

' there have been alot of well publicised bad decisions in mma, is the athletic commission doing anything to educate judges on the sport of mma, which is judged alot differently to boxing? Phone Post 3.0

Brian J DSouza -

I wonder what Zach Arnold from FightOpinion.com is going to get out of this interview. He's had a lot to say (and more to illustrate) about Kizer and his (mis)management of the NSAC. Also about the relationships within the corridors of power and how Kizer could be dismissed by one phone call from the right people.

Lifetime appointment: Keith Kizer’s job remains safe with Nevada politicos

What to expect at next Wednesday’s dog & pony show with Keith Kizer

Intervention time: Keith Kizer in self-presevation mode after Cynthia Ross exits

Keith Kizer’s job security

Cool. Phone Post

Jack Brown -
Rudi -
caseharts -
Jack Brown -
Sir Psycho Sexy - Asked no tough questions. Phone Post 3.0

I just wanted to understand him - just as I have wanted to understand everyone else.   

Ttt but please ask tough questions. Phone Post

Doesnt Helwani get shit on for asking tough questions? Phone Post

I'm definitely not doing Ariel's job. I'm not doing any job. I think, at this point, I'm a bit of a historian. Phone Post

Your a Ariel but sexier Phone Post

flyingtoehold - 
ORIGINAL01ER - F.R.A.T.

I agree but let me take a guess, he doesn't apologize for shit. Phone Post

Both of you dipshits shouldnt have bothered to post then, eh?

Overall a very informative interview, thanks for conducting it. Keith has always being an interestingly frustrating individual to get a read on.

I found the part about the passive high being the reason for upping the cannabis threshold from 15 to 50 very interesting.

For later

Jack Brown: For the record, you're way better at this than Ariel. For someone that went to journalism school, Ariel has done a piss poor job at capitalizing on his influence and being the "face" of MMA journalism. It's sad to see how much potential he has, but how lazy he has gotten in such a short period of time.

There's Jack Slack and Jack Brown. Everyone else is just a bullshit blogger or on-air personality. No need to reply to that, but it's true. Sad, but true.

"We will have serious questions for Keith & we won't be a rubber stamp anymore."

I would say there are very few people who can be as incompetent and corrupt as Keith kizer and still keep their job.

But there are 435 members of the house and 100 senators who are currently doing just as well.

Fluff him all you want Jack and Kirik, doesn't change that he's either the puppet or the master in one of the most corrupt places on earth. Phone Post 3.0

Jack Brown -
Authority Figure -

We did speak for another thirty minutes off the record after the interview, and I don't think Kizer would mind answering "tougher" questions. My first ten were of a broader scope, but sure, I asked him about BJM. He doesn't seem to be holding too much back. Then again I like every person I've interviewed. Phone Post

So there's a part two? I wanna hear the BJM story:)

Cindy Phone Post 3.0

ChaosOverkill -

"We will have serious questions for Keith & we won't be a rubber stamp anymore."

Who said that?

Cindy Phone Post 3.0

likatiga - I would say there are very few people who can be as incompetent and corrupt as Keith kizer and still keep their job.

But there are 435 members of the house and 100 senators who are currently doing just as well.

Fluff him all you want Jack and Kirik, doesn't change that he's either the puppet or the master in one of the most corrupt places on earth. Phone Post 3.0

Keith Kizer, Master of Puppets Phone Post

CindyO -
Jack Brown -
Authority Figure -

So there's a part two? I wanna hear the BJM story:)

Cindy Phone Post 3.0

Cindy, what does dana really think of keith? Phone Post

Ttt Phone Post