The Jews view on Messiah?

This is something i have been wondering about for a while now. Do the Jews believe that there Messiah comes only once in the end times and not twice like Jesus? I dont want to betray Jesus when i say things like this but i wonder what if the jews are right. Are the Jews still the holy people or is that now the gift of Christians? Is there any mercy of not going to hell for the other religion in both of the faiths teachings?

I'll get to this sometime this week, keep it ttt

ttt

The moshiach will be a great political leader descended from King David (Jeremiah 23:5). The moshiach is often referred to as "moshiach ben David" (moshiach, son of David). He will be well-versed in Jewish law, and observant of its commandments. (Isaiah 11:2-5) He will be a charismatic leader, inspiring others to follow his example. He will be a great military leader, who will win battles for Israel. He will be a great judge, who makes righteous decisions (Jeremiah 33:15). But above all, he will be a human being, not a god, demi-god or other supernatural being.

It has been said that in every generation, a person is born with the potential to be the moshiach. If the time is right for the messianic age within that person's lifetime, then that person will be the moshiach. But if that person dies before he completes the mission of the moshiach, then that person is not the moshiach.

There are a wide variety of opinions on the subject of when the moshiach will come. Some of Judaism's greatest minds have cursed those who try to predict the time of the moshiach's coming, because errors in such predictions could cause people to lose faith in the messianic idea or in Judaism itself. This actually happened in the 17th century, when Shabbatai Tzvi claimed to be the moshiach. When Tzvi converted to Islam under threat of death, many Jews converted with him. Nevertheless, this prohibition has not stopped anyone from speculating about the time when the moshiach will come.

Although some scholars believed that G-d has set aside a specific date for the coming of the moshiach, most authority suggests that the conduct of mankind will determine the time of the moshiach's coming. In general, it is believed that the moshiach will come in a time when he is most needed (because the world is so sinful), or in a time when he is most deserved (because the world is so good). For example, each of the following has been suggested as the time when the moshiach will come:

if Israel repented a single day;

if Israel observed a single Shabbat properly;

if Israel observed two Shabbats in a row properly;
in a generation that is totally innocent or totally guilty;

in a generation that loses hope;

in a generation where children are totally disrespectful towards their parents and elders;

What Will the Moshiach Do?

Before the time of the moshiach, there shall be war and suffering (Ezekiel 38:16)

The moshiach will bring about the political and spiritual redemption of the Jewish people by bringing us back to Israel and restoring Jerusalem (Isaiah 11:11-12; Jeremiah 23:8; 30:3; Hosea 3:4-5). He will establish a government in Israel that will be the center of all world government, both for Jews and gentiles (Isaiah 2:2-4; 11:10; 42:1). He will rebuild the Temple and re-establish its worship (Jeremiah 33:18). He will restore the religious court system of Israel and establish Jewish law as the law of the land (Jeremiah 33:15).

What is view of the jews on gentiles ans what is there fate in the after life?

Non-Jews have a much easier time getting into Heaven. Jews must fulfil 613 laws while non-Jews must fulfil 7. They are the Noahide Covenant;

1) to establish courts of justice

2) not to commit blasphemy

3) not to commit idolatry

4) not to commit incest and adultery

5) not to commit bloodshed

6) not to commit robbery

7) not to eat flesh cut from a living animal.

This is where I see Judaism as VERY different from most other faiths. Most faiths take the Chosen thing to the extreme of "if you don't believe what I believe, you don't paradise" while Judaism actually makes it easier for non-Jews (who are not pagan) to get into Heaven than Jews. Jews must lead a life of example if they wish to enter paradise. So even in Heaven, Jews are a minority!

MS

Where do christians fall into that? Also what does 7 mean?

Christians are non-Jews so they must follow the 7 laws. What does 7 mean. Literally, don't cut off meat from something still alive. However, it is interp. to mean not to cause unneeded pain to the animal while you are killing it and to remove its blood.

MS

What's wrong with circumcision? Didn't hurt me

Lol @ the idea of uncircumcised Jews. While it has happened (under the Czar, under the Muguls, etc.) Jews circumcise. It is a clear commandment in the Bible. The law specifcally states you may not cut flesh from a living animal for consumption (never mind torture). However, circumcision is on a completely different level.

Differences between Jewish and Western circumcision:

1- Jews circumcise on the 8th day, MDs circumcises a few hours after birth- before the immune system is active and blood clotting factors are active.

2- A mohel practices this single motion with a knife thousands of times before even seeing a child. MDs spend a few hours reviewing it (I have doctors in my family and in my gf's family).

3- A mohel uses a knife and slices it off, and MD twists the tissue off, literally tearing away flesh.

4- Jews (and Muslims) believe they were commanded by G-d to circumcise and it becomes a religious issue. Non-Jews have NO REASON to circumcise.

MS

To claim that neither the Chabad movement nor the Renewalist movement are on the cutting edge would be quite odd since both movements have redefined Jewish practices in the last 30years w/o touching a basic tenet like circumsicion.

"not to commit bloodshed "

What about MMA?

MMA? I suppose that would go under sport/self-defense and be be exempt if blood is drawn. It is more, the intention to cause injury or murder.

Gerbre- Have you read ANY of the Rebbe's material? He redefined what is means to be a Chassid in OUR lifetimes! Have you read ANY of the Renewalist leader's materials (eg: Kaplan), he opened Judaism up to a level not seen since the 14th cent! To claim these did not revoultionize Judaism shows you havn't checked the stats.

MS