The Jon Jones Character

So I was super baked the other day and I'm pretty sure I had epiphany...

Jon Jones was pretty likable and cool right up until he won the belt, then he starting making all these weird twitter posts and deleting them and making retarded videos antagonizing fans. The stuff he does is ridiculously annoying. Its really like he's doing the most annoying and fan unfriendly things possible.

Actually he's so unbearable its almost like he's doing it on purpose to create hatred for himself. Then I thought "man, this is just like his version of the Money Mayweather character, and he even designed it after he became champ to get some drawing power, also I need Doritos asap"...

Now that I'm sobered up it still kinda makes sense. Is it possible that the fake annoying Jon Jones is a character he's playing to drum up interest in himself?

It's not a fabricated character. This is precisely the reason why people dislike him. Phone Post 3.0

People don't change all of a sudden. He was always an arrogant asshole Phone Post 3.0

He's trying to do Mayweather, but he's a nice guy Christian cornball, so it's not really working.

fanat - People don't change all of a sudden. He was always an arrogant asshole Phone Post 3.0
Fighter bashing not apply to JBJ or would have you say this to him given the opportunity? Phone Post 3.0

This forum is like an 8th grade fat girls diary Phone Post 3.0

Vikingknee - This forum is like an 8th grade fat girls diary Phone Post 3.0

unzips pants

go on...

Bobby Lupo - 

He's trying to do Mayweather, but he's a nice guy Christian cornball, so it's not really working.

Yeah but it feel fabricated right? Like that video where he is teasing the fans pretending to cry... No public figure would be dumb enough to release that unless they were trying to get a specific reaction.. I don't think Jones or anyone is dumb enough to do that without a reason, and also the guy certainly has handlers and advisors would've let him know to not do that sort of thing....

There's almost no way that he's making that video without wanting to create a specific reaction

Notice you say he made videos to tease and antagonize fans. That's not true. What you and others who hate on Jones, Dana, etc fail to ever mention is that those videos and tweets are responses to "fans" who attack, insult and bitch at them in the first place. Not sure where this mentality of it being okay to shit on someone then complain and make them the bad guy when they respond came from. Phone Post 3.0

JoeHurley - Notice you say he made videos to tease and antagonize fans. That's not true. What you and others who hate on Jones, Dana, etc fail to ever mention is that those videos and tweets are responses to "fans" who attack, insult and bitch at them in the first place. Not sure where this mentality of it being okay to shit on someone then complain and make them the bad guy when they respond came from. Phone Post 3.0

Man I don't hate on Jones...I like him... I just find the way he portrays himself publically strange because he seems like he is creating so much unneeded heat on himself... unless he is trying to create that heat to create hype i just don't understand it though...

to be clear though I am a Jon Jones fan.

Dirt Dog Sandwiches - 
JoeHurley - Notice you say he made videos to tease and antagonize fans. That's not true. What you and others who hate on Jones, Dana, etc fail to ever mention is that those videos and tweets are responses to "fans" who attack, insult and bitch at them in the first place. Not sure where this mentality of it being okay to shit on someone then complain and make them the bad guy when they respond came from. Phone Post 3.0

Man I don't hate on Jones...I like him... I just find the way he portrays himself publically strange because he seems like he is creating so much unneeded heat on himself... unless he is trying to create that heat to create hype i just don't understand it though...

to be clear though I am a Jon Jones fan.

I'm not saying you are hating on him, just pointing out that you said things at two different points that make it seem like he does these things and make no mention of the tons of shit he got beforehand.  Unless someone is in the same situation it's hard to understand how hard it is to take unlimited criticism and insults without finally responding.  Then when he does it's portrayed as bringing heat in himself.  Just look at guiys on this forum that take heat from a few people and end up snapping with some over the top replies.

THANK YOU BROTHER!!!

That crying video was made PRECISELY for bitchy fans like the OP.

Let me quote Mr Hurley again: "Not sure where this mentality of it being okay to shit on someone then complain and make them the bad guy when they respond came from."

Jon Jones is in a no win situation as a fighter. If he were too never respond to fans and just keep to himself, puerile would say he's a bidding champ like Cain. He responds to fans with videos And tweets and he's a arrogant asshole. People will find anything to hate about Jon, it's pathetic really. Phone Post 3.0