The joys of a Brazilian steakhouse

I love spicahnya!

2 Likes

I went to one of these and got the meat sweats. Would do again.

4 Likes

Cock meat sandwiches don’t count.

9 Likes

I can go to the butcher and make a better steak. I can make better stuff out of my smoker. None of them are served on giant swords though. Part of the enjoyment is the experience.

4 Likes

I found it a bit too salty. It’s nice selection of meats, but none top quality. It’s worth a visit for uniqueness.

2 Likes

Definitely salty and not the best cuts of meat through some were pretty good rare/medium rare. Pineapple is excellent.

1 Like

Season 4 GIF by The Simpsons

1 Like

I think I’ve been to two. First one was in alberququququqe one of the leads at the leads at Sandia paid for everything. It was unexpected and cost him a shitload as there was loads of us.

Second one I think was Nottingham, used to be where the hard rock was. Although I’m doubting myself now that I actually ate there. It’s gone now anyway.

Now I don’t know of any.

I’ve been meaning to go for ten or fifteen years and always end up going somewhere else. Crazy how long its been on my list but never happened.

1 Like

exactly. Worth it for the experience but I always find its like tasting 6 cuts, liking only one or two, then eating a ton of only those

2 Likes

We have a a Fogo, Rodizio and a Texas de Brazil nearby. TDB always has a giant bowl of bacon at their salad bar. Fogo is meh. But Rodizio has obscure meats like rabbit, chicken hearts and sometimes rattlesnake. Rodizio is slightly ahead for me.

2 Likes

Are you ever not a pretentious self righteous asshole?

3 Likes

He is upset because I called him out for the first time in probably 18 months and he didn’t like it. :joy:

Don’t hold your breath.

1 Like

I did fogo de chao solo when I got stuck in Baltimore waiting to deploy. It felt awkward going in there solo but I was deploying to Iraq so figured might as well eat as much as physically possible because I knew the food was going to suck for a long time. I was a pretty skinny dude when I walked in. They showed me the salad bar and I said oh that won’t be necessary. Well over an hour of non stop carnivorous indulgence later they started looking at me with a combination I can only describe as both impressed and concerned. I was sweating heavily with the meat sweats and I looked at the waiter and asked for the molten chocolate cake. I woke up the next morning headed to the airport and waited to board my flight. The flight was miserable as my intestines were in knots and I must have shit 5 times from Baltimore to Germany.

6 Likes

Pineapple is the best especially towards the end of gorging on meat.

1 Like

Been to several.

The best time was when me, my BIL, and one of our friends just completed a two day hike in the Smokeys and stumbled on the one in Pigeon Forge. Three mountain man looking mother fuckers came in and sat amongst people celebrating engagements, families on vacation, graduations, etc. and simply conquered all the meat.

1 Like

I really appreciated this story more than I should have.

1 Like

Dude same

1 Like