The king is dead, long live the...

so every single fighter in the xfc could and would beat severn?

and all bjj guys etc in oz could and would beat him?

i thought he was better than that?

Thats not what I said.

I feel that Severn may be taking anything he can get before his legs totally give way on him, and that perhaps the XFC is praying on his past and not his present state.

I agree that Savern is old and is way past his prime, but the guy has guts and is ready to give it a go even though he'll loose, but how many people his age do you see getting in there in any sport against someone better and younger then them??

Lots... If your talking any sport go look at Mundines opponents and in general they had there last fight agaisnt him before retiring or they made come backs like Ellis for one more pay day.

I know in boxing there are heaps of older guys fighting younger guys just for one more pay day, its very common. They proberaly why boxing has a boxing commision to tell most of the fighters when they have to retire.

Hey Keats,

I'm not as big a boxing fan as you seem to be, so perhaps you could enlighten me a little.

Of Mundine's last, say 6 opponents, how many of them had their last fight against him ??

Tank

i believe justin is refering to an article in the courier
mail where he has been compared to don king.....
but it also protrays tony bonnelleo as some sort of
sexual inadiquate ( I am sure he isnt,).........basicly
the journo took the piss out of both of them in a
very sutble way lol!

Ohhhh!

Thats probably not too far from the truth!

A bald Australian Don King, now thats funny!

SAMMYT, learn when to shut the fuck up, u have been paying out justin on a cupla threads now and u quite clearly know jack shit cos u didn't even know who joe sita is, wat a tool beater u seriously r, if i didn't know better i would pick u to be a computer nerd who thinks hes king shit well let me tell u this u r a freckin egg mashin omlette makin hoe dog, so shut the fuck up cos justin is all good for MMA here in oz he givs young blokes a chnce to fight and is giving top guys the chance to fight overseas dont see u doing any of this now do u so yeah back off BIATCH.

Cade

SAMMYT,
You can say what you want about anybody, BUT don't start on the bald jokes.
Wayne

9 opponents have never faught again after fighting Mundine
5 opponents fought only one more time after fighting Mundine.
Since Mundine has had 21 fights this means 2/3rds of his opponents have either never faught again or had only 1 more fight.

I was just trying to point out that old fighters or sportsman arent that uncommon and tried to use someone most people know in Mundine.

Look at Heavyweight boxing and see how many fighter have been around or older than Severn. Lots. Either they miss the fame when they stop or they miss the big paydays so they hang around alot longer than some should.

Hope this helps

So of 6 opponents, 50% (so far) have NOT had their last fight against Mundine.

Ellis is an obvious one, considering he came out of retirement for an easy paycheck.

And 2 who may or may not fight again, or have they since announced retirement ?

Not what I would call "generally" more like "occasionally"

But that just me.

Of course, I'm not suggesting for a second that any of these guys were quality opponents.

As a rule, I refuse to watch Mundine's fights because I don't like him (and I get PPV for free)

Thanks for the info...

Tank

Sorry for getting a word wrong. I should have said 33% of boxers had their last fight against Mundine another 33% had only one fight after fighting Mundine and 33% fought more than once more after fighting Mundine.

Hope this is more exact for you.

Cheers

BTW not sure what the other 1% did :)

Thanks for clearing that up for me...

;)

Tank

YouBeTapping, just because I post some shit on here about my opinions on his brash remarks made on the UG, doesn't mean I think he is bad for the sport. That is an ASSUMPTION you made.

If you read a bit more on the XFC Card thread you would have seen this:

"But I do respect that he is doing his bit for Aussie MMA...... GO THE AUSSIES!!!"

I follow all MMA results and still follow the XFC despite my posting on here what I want to say.

And just to let you know that it is a rather a common converation topic around my circle of friends in Sydney, that Justin needs to remember that when he posts he is representing an emerging organization, not just himself, I on the other hand represent myself and my own opinions only.

So as for your extended and rather ammusing pay outs, get off his jock! Are you his boyfriend or something?

Good info Keats.

damn it is official justin is my biatch and we r lovers and we shall be moving to Gayville in the near future. nah seriously sorry for the outburst just sick of the shit some people giv justin, ps im as straight as a mutha fucka as for justin...... im not too sure LOL.

cade

YouBeTapping,
You're right. Justin keeps getting crap from people and all he's trying to do is enlighten people about Elvis and the other Machado cowards. He's such a nice guy too, especially when you read the stuff on here and infinitemma.com

If Justin was to enlighten people he should do it with professionalism not his FULL of himself attitude!

Sammy, I believe JohnnyS was using something called sarcasm.

LMAO!