The Lakers Fast Break

LMAO, I told you they were slow and had no fast break. They are slower than last year. I remember some of you saying they would be a great fast break team, lol. Im sorry but how did you come up with that idea?

They are even slower than I thought they would be. I thought their transition game would at least be somewhat there but nothing.

I have been saying it for a while and Kenny Smith said it the other night. The Lakers have no identity. They don't fast break, The are not a defensive team, they are not a half court team, what the hell are they?

The little I've seen of Payton playing is sad, he's lost so much of his game: quikness, scoring, stoping ability. Pass after pass getting picked off.

Malone's doing OK, but he's not dominating like in other years.

Must be tough for those two.

"The little I've seen of Payton playing is sad, he's lost so much of his game: quikness, scoring, stoping ability. Pass after pass getting picked off."

yes Im surprised at his drop off also but it was a bad choice to pick LA, its not his style, its like when Scottie Pippen went to Houston, just didn't make any sense

"Malone's doing OK, but he's not dominating like in other years."

Malone is playing much better than OK, he has a very good year especially seeing how his role was completely changed, he adapted great. Plus the fact he puts in the time in off season to keep in shape, at his pace he could play until he is fifty because he can hit the outside shot

Aren't great coaches supposed to put their players in the best positions to succeed? Seems like Phil wants his players to adjust rather than vica versa.

What Laker fast break? Man, their getting beat everywhere on the court.. Its sad for us Lakers fans!! But we still stand behind oue team.

* goes to see if he can fix remote control from yesterday's game *

Heh heh, I think the Lakers should spend even more money and get more all stars on their team, that should fix all their lack of team work :)

hey worked for dallas

"what the hell are they?"

Old?

"LMAO, I told you they were slow and had no fast break. They are slower than last year. I remember some of you saying they would be a great fast break team, lol. Im sorry but how did you come up with that idea?"

They WERE a good fast break team at the beginning of the season. Now the chemistry just seems to be gone. I think Payton is too busy sulking to lead the break.

And I don't think anyone was saying they would be a great fast break team, just a better one.

"They WERE a good fast break team at the beginning of the season. Now the chemistry just seems to be gone. I think Payton is too busy sulking to lead the break."

No they weren't, they were playing some good transition basketball but no where near fast break basketball

"And I don't think anyone was saying they would be a great fast break team, just a better one."

I wont even get into the chemistry thing but I stated early in the year that they were not a good fast breaking team and they have shown that to be correct. I took heat from you and many others with my statements, just admit now that I hit the nail on the head. I was telling you they are even slower than last year which again they have proved to be.

They look horrible

"No they weren't, they were playing some good transition basketball but no where near fast break basketball"

What's the difference?

You don't know the difference?

OK, a fast break teams are teams like New Jersey, Dallas, the Kings, even Miami, well they try. They constantly are pushing the ball regarless of what the defense is doing and looking for early offense and quick good shots

Transition teams, Portland and the Spurs. These teams take what the defense gives them. The will push the ball up to see what the defense is doing and maybe run a guy through on a screen or have guys in the corner for open shots. They are not looking to jack shots right away but will take open looks and maybe dump it down for a trailing big man for a layup.

Then you have half court teams, Indiana and Detroit, they are looking to play tough D and wear you down, nothing special or pretty about it but effective for sure.

The lakers have no identity, they have never been a fast break team really, decent in the transition but the triangle is supposed to be their bread and butter in the half court and they are not even executing that properly. Which limits Shaq a great deal, they just have no idea how to play right now but as I said on another thread, if they can win both games in LA the series is far from over