The Last Ringbearer. Awesome fantasy fan fiction.

Lol! You drank too much elf cool aid :)

Those were just stories made up to hide their genocides. Phone Post 3.0

Also perhaps he meant before the wizards came from the west. Phone Post 3.0

I love when seemingly innocuous topics can immediately send the OG into a fetid, suppurating mass of rage.

Will add Tolkein to the list including dog breeds, Rugby League vs Union etc

There are only 5 Wizards!!! Saruman, Gandalf, Radagast, Pallando and Alatar. They are Maiar but only the 5 of them are Wizards. i.e. Sauron is a Maiar (as are the Balrogs), but not a Wizard.

Some things are just not up to interpretation.

/mindremainsclosedtoalternateviews

Lol uvr, I vaguely remember maiar from silmarillion. I won't challenge your knowledge on Tolkien lore for sure. Phone Post 3.0

Ah, the beautiful world of Tolkien.

What a gift.

Pfft. Sounds like a copycat of a satirical commentary done decades ago about Star Wars, where the rebels were backwards people afraid of progress and led by religious zealots, and the Empire was the progressive culture trying to bring science and rule of law. It was a very clever one page commentary, and you could totally see where the Jedi and their followers were like fundamentalist revolutionaries who had won the war and retconned history by portraying the science based Empire as the evil imperialists.

Maybe that commentary was a copy of the book? Book was written in 1999. Phone Post 3.0

LordSeano - One of the best fan fic 'other perspectives' i read was the one from the perspective of The Thing Phone Post 3.0

title? This sounds epic.

Pustak - 
LordSeano - One of the best fan fic 'other perspectives' i read was the one from the perspective of The Thing Phone Post 3.0

That's "The Things" by Peter Watts. One of my absolute favorite authors.

Sweet VU to both!

Ttt Phone Post 3.0

deepu - Maybe that commentary was a copy of the book? Book was written in 1999. Phone Post 3.0

Commentary was done in the early 90s.

If you like "The Things" you can check out most of Watts' work for free in ebook format on his website.

I totally fucking love Peter Watts. He is completely depressing in a lot of ways, but also extremely convincing, which makes it all that much better. "Blindsight" is the best 1st Contact novel I've read in a long time, and there is nothing like "Starfish" for unique atmosphere.

Seriously, read some of his stuff.

I wrote a Tolkienesque short story a while back. Hard as hell to write in that

Pustak - If you like "The Things" you can check out most of Watts' work for free in ebook format on his website.

I totally fucking love Peter Watts. He is completely depressing in a lot of ways, but also extremely convincing, which makes it all that much better. "Blindsight" is the best 1st Contact novel I've read in a long time, and there is nothing like "Starfish" for unique atmosphere.

Seriously, read some of his stuff.
Awesome, ty Phone Post 3.0