The Legend of Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

Who remembers this life consumer? I picked it up a few days ago and holy hell! This game is hard. I'm about half done and damn it seems like a long way until the end.

When I was a kid my dad played this and I remember him showing us how to xp grind. Now I'm like holy hell my dad was a gamer to have beaten this! He hates technology (especially video games) as an old timer wtf dad? Phone Post 3.0

I have it on my nes emulator. I've beaten the first and third Zelda games, but haven't really played the 2nd one much.

If you like it, give Battle of Olympus a shot. Same engine and similar gameplay. Phone Post 3.0

I have that game on gameboy advance somewhere lol. I couldn't do much of it as a kid. Phone Post

I had it on nes, annoyingly hard for me Phone Post 3.0

I remember beating it... I must have been about 7 at the time? Good game! Phone Post 3.0

great game. my brother used to play through all the dungeons without beating the bosses and just collecting the items. he would then go back and beat them and kill most of them in one hit. no idea why he played it that way

TheBearStare - great game. my brother used to play through all the dungeons without beating the bosses and just collecting the items. he would then go back and beat them and kill most of them in one hit. no idea why he played it that way
Some bosses are ridonkulously hard. Once leveled up and more experienced, not so much. Phone Post 3.0

I never beat Zelda 2...I think I remember you had to fight a clone of link...right?! Phone Post 3.0

That is one of my favourite games growing up. I have finished it! Whoo! It really gets a bad wrap in the gaming community. It was innovative. Phone Post

Never beat it. Hard as fuck.

WR is under one hour. Cool shit.

http://speeddemosarchive.com/Zelda2.html

I put huge hours into zelda 2 as a kid. I really enjoyed it. I did beat it, but there were many "freak outs" along the way. Lol. Phone Post 3.0

I put huge hours into zelda 2 as a kid. I really enjoyed it. I did beat it, but there were many "freak outs" along the way. Lol. Phone Post 3.0

You guys should check out the 3d version of this game. It was not made by Nintendo but is a very accurate conversion. Search youtube for a video or use Google to find and download it for free.

couldnt get into because they changed the format and artistic style.

matter of fact it was the last Zelda game i ever played.

switched to Sega shortly after and then of course Xbox.

junon - couldnt get into because they changed the format and artistic style.

matter of fact it was the last Zelda game i ever played.

switched to Sega shortly after and then of course Xbox.

This is upsetting. Zelda games are the best. Ocarina of time is GOAT N64 game and still my fav overall video game.

But fuck Zelda II, that game made me lose my shit as a child.

I own a copy of it and refuse to play it to this day. I resorted to smashing a controller over that game. And that stupid Gannon would laugh at you after you died in the game.... 8-bit dickhead boss Phone Post 3.0

AssassinsNATION - I own a copy of it and refuse to play it to this day. I resorted to smashing a controller over that game. And that stupid Gannon would laugh at you after you died in the game.... 8-bit dickhead boss Phone Post 3.0
Lmao!!! I can relate! Phone Post 3.0

My roommate has it on her Wii. I look forward to breaking her shit when I decide to play it. Phone Post

I finished Zelda 2 when I was a kid, and I just played it again and finished it this year (on the Wii Virtual Console).

I didn't think I was going to be able to get through the last palace (or get TO it) but I took a break for a couple of weeks and came back fresh and knocked it out. With maps from the internet of course.